Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A breif look back of the Gdubb legacy

A breif look back of the Gdubb legacy

- came in on a contriversal election
    - blew the rare US national surplus
    - made plans addressing the 'axis of evil' before 9/11
    - was going to start wwIII w/ china in a captured military plan dispute (forgotthatonedin'tya)
    - withdraws the US involvement in the kyoto treaty
    - pisses off the EU and world community
    - makes and does a brillant public global plan of fighting terroist, which for some reason are more agressive then ever
    - destroys the highly capable taliban force and liberates afghanistan
    - insisted to begin a war in Iraq dispite UN and world opposition, u.s central intelligence was on que
    - Haliburton
    - dethrones saddam and starts a literally infinite occupation..
    - record high US fuel prices- exxonmobile gets the record for the fastst profit
    - gain of any american company in history*
    - beats super chin in the re-election
    - ex, ex, ex

which brings us to this N.korea business, with a insane ruler with nothing better to do instead of letting them roit in their own world. he insists on de arming their old soviet tech, and giving him reason to get world attention. Now there probably actually a threar to allies japan and s.korea. its a chance to test the "missile command" tech tho'

vent 2 cents
    Last edited by zeta; 07-08-2006 at 02:11 AM.
    - Co sig -

When you learn to spell we'll take you seriously, until then go back to school and pay attention this time.

Also brush up on your statements because several of them are not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia
    When you learn to spell we'll take you seriously, until then go back to school and pay attention this time.

His speliing is ok i guess Everyone makes some mistakes,even you Plus US-spelling is wrong with quite some words anyway

I have no idea what you mean on this !!! It is just a simple fact-sheet dude As far as i know (except the exxon thing,no idea) they are all true

You need to study too then, drakkie, if you think those are facts other than the ExxonMobil statement.

The ones that are even close are so simplified, there's a lot deeper reasons for such things and previous policies before GWB's time were already set.

It's just more idiotic misguided easy shots at complicated matters just to bash a president. Boring....but if he wants to bash, it's fine with me...just makes him look like more of a moron than Bush is so far.

and you can add this: http://c2ore.com/archives/?itemid=1583 to the list

Quote Originally Posted by junaman
    and you can add this: http://c2ore.com/archives/?itemid=1583 to the list
    I am amused to note that single "studies" or news reports and this 'bypass' hysteria, or even statements are routinely taken here as proof positive that government officials are lying about both their intentions and the details in question. We are being asked to believe that the government is totally effective in controlling both public information and every detail of the utterances of its spokesmen, and that all is being done to sustain a tissue of lies about the justification of government policy and the actions taken to advance it. At the same time we are asked to believe that the independent media have no particular agenda for or against government policy and actions, and that its functionaries are invariably accurate and truthful in their reporting.

Fascinating ! How does one juxtapose - in a rational mind - such childish credulity and such paranoid skepticism? The answer of course is that one does not do it. All this is simply propaganda spewed out by political opponents and those who substitute paranoid fantasy for rational thought.

No one is taking anything as proof... Most of this thread is based on opinion anyway. But that being said the details of the order are right there for anyone to read and make up their own mind.

You need to study too then, drakkie, if you think those are facts other than the ExxonMobil statement.

The ones that are even close are so simplified, there's a lot deeper reasons for such things and previous policies before GWB's time were already set.

It's just more idiotic misguided easy shots at complicated matters just to bash a president. Boring....but if he wants to bash, it's fine with me...just makes him look like more of a moron than Bush is so far.
    I'm not saying that it is complete,but those things did happen.

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    I'm not saying that it is complete,but those things did happen.
    Brilliant deduction.

Well some of them are undeniable facts, like blowing your budget surplus, withdrawing from Kyoto, pissing off a good chunk of the world. The actions of previous governments are often the reason for the way things are now, but the challenge is to work with those, work around them, or fix them. In Australia, the long term Labor government racked a lot of debt, and the Liberals have managed to pay a lot of it back, and grown the economy a lot. (Unfortunately, this meant not spending any money and hijacking prior Labor creations, hence the fact that I owe ~$4500AUD HECS already and will most likely end up with $15k+AUD debt.)
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    Well some of them are undeniable facts, like blowing your budget surplus, withdrawing from Kyoto, pissing off a good chunk of the world. The actions of previous governments are often the reason for the way things are now, but the challenge is to work with those, work around them, or fix them. In Australia, the long term Labor government racked a lot of debt, and the Liberals have managed to pay a lot of it back, and grown the economy a lot. (Unfortunately, this meant not spending any money and hijacking prior Labor creations, hence the fact that I owe ~$4500AUD HECS already and will most likely end up with $15k+AUD debt.)
    Yeah, spending is out of control, yada yada yada...but even a moron is smart enough not to sign the Kyoto rubbish.

As Dino Scuderia mentioned, the fact that this is simply a bulleted list with simple, incomplete statements makes it quite difficult for anyone to interpret well. A lot of those statements require much more information and knowledge about before an opinion can or should be reached. I'm not going to say either way how I feel because I realize it is a touchy subject.

However, I would like to recommend an excellent film I have recently seen. The movie is called "Why We Fight" and it's about America's involvement in conflicts worldwide since the 50's. Many of the points discussed in this thread are also discussed in the film, and in great detail. This is the movie Michael Moore wishes he could have made and is worth watching if you can get a hold of a copy.

how so, aren't they close?
    Last edited by zeta; 07-08-2006 at 09:57 AM.
    - Co sig -

To be fair, the world hasn't come crashing to an end with Bush at the helm of the USA.

On the other hand - he has hardly set the world, or the USA, alight with his rampant efforts to spread peace & love, eliminate starvation and disease, encourage developments of amazing technologies which definatively solve the problems of "what happens when coal/oil/gas runs out?", etc.

It's all very well going to war in other countries (rightly or wrongly) in the interests of global security and safety, but if you're going to take on those kinds of responsibilities, it would be nice if they took some other actions to ensure global safety and security, like making sure huge chunks of the world's population don't die of starvation - and just 'cause you sent food doesn't help because it doesn't address or solve the root cause of the problem.

He probably won't go down as "the best US President ever", and probably not even as "the best US President named 'Bush' ever".

And you'd really think that someone power-mad enough to want to be the President of the USA would automatically have ambitions; "I want to be the President of the USA, and I'm going to be the best ever!", not "I want to be the President of the USA, and I'm not too bothered about being all that good at it!"
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by zeta
    how so, aren't they close?
    Let's review your legacy.

You went to school and didn't even learn to spell or how to do research so you spent the rest of your life getting crap jobs and making ignorant post on web sites.

Thread Information