Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Goodwood Festival Of Speed 06

Criticism is great and always welcome, otherwise I wouldn't have modified any of these cars.

But just because an image isn't captioned, doesn't mean it loses its intrinsic value.

I don't think people expect a completely thorough and exhausting 3000 word report with an event, especially one posted on the day-of.

Quote Originally Posted by Dickrich
    But just because an image isn't captioned, doesn't mean it loses its intrinsic value.

I don't think people expect a completely thorough and exhausting 3000 word report with an event, especially one posted on the day-of.
    So you don't care when you get people ask themselves: "What car is this".....

I never mentioned the word "report" before, I know how you report on events, and how you address your "clients" differently from the way UCP is doing it.

Anyway, next month will be a good opportunity to catch up on things in this respect....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

There are many many many cars that are not featured in his collection.
    I honestly find the road cars the most dull of all the Goodwood cars. But they did seem to be the most popular judging by the number of people in that area compared to the other areas.
    They not only had cars they also had an impressive collection of Bikes. Amongst them Elf 3 riden by Ron Haslam himself!
    They had an amazing array of Alfas from the Alfa museum in Italy. Amongst which was the 3 Stradale that he pictured but there were also american nasca indy and all sorts of others. THe historics were great. and as usual there were 5 or so GP teams present.
    50s Mercs, Auto Union cars - wow what a noise. It was on top form.
    There were only 2 dissapointments, the cricket pitch display this year which was . . .mmm how do I say it tactfully . . . CRAP! Cars made of sand. And hte display infront of hte house was the worst in about 5 years.

And they did have a very nice collection of Miuras amongs which was the P400 that has been modified as a Jota replica. Very well done and abouth the most acurate car done and one of the 5 original SVJs. Nice.
    Last edited by 90ft; 07-12-2006 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    who drove? Charly Agg?
    Yes, apparently.

I'm about 3/5ths through editing mine... With a lot of tweaking some of them are almost quite good!

Oh, and that's definately a Porsche 962, rather than a 956.
    Last edited by Coventrysucks; 07-12-2006 at 12:57 AM.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    Yes, apparently.

I'm about 3/5ths through editing mine... With a lot of tweaking some of them are almost quite good!

Oh, and that's definately a Porsche 962, rather than a 956.
    Good, looking forward to that, and make that the picture name (jpeg file) does include the name of the car.. I am aware that renaming is one of the most boring aspects of digital photography
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

So you don't care when you get people ask themselves: "What car is this".....

I never mentioned the word "report" before, I know how you report on events, and how you address your "clients" differently from the way UCP is doing it.

Anyway, next month will be a good opportunity to catch up on things in this respect....
    For sure, I look very forward to meeting up! Last year I was one of the few with a ladder and now I have a sneaking suspicion we might see a few more this year.

Your comments about Goodwood are fair, but I think a few missed captions or cars isn't a huge quality standard drop... I was trying to say it's almost expected from same-day coverage.

Coventry, do you have plans for your shots? Seems you found lots we missed.

For sure, I look very forward to meeting up! Last year I was one of the few with a ladder and now I have a sneaking suspicion we might see a few more this year.

Your comments about Goodwood are fair, but I think a few missed captions or cars isn't a huge quality standard drop... I was trying to say it's almost expected from same-day coverage.

Coventry, do you have plans for your shots? Seems you found lots we missed.
    you might want to rent a more convenient ladder transporter than the Caddy from last year...
    I think there is somehow a trade-off between quick publishing and thorough publishing. I personally prefer the latter option

and make that the picture name (jpeg file) does include the name of the car.. I am aware that renaming is one of the most boring aspects of digital photography
    I've gone one better than that.

Due to the uniquely wonky style my photography took on last Friday, I decided to do a bit of rotating & cropping, which has thrown up some rather odd shape boarders, so I've decided to make good use of the blank spaces.

Coventry, do you have plans for your shots?
    Not really.

Seems you found lots we missed.
    Not really.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    I've gone one better than that.

Due to the uniquely wonky style my photography took on last Friday, I decided to do a bit of rotating & cropping, which has thrown up some rather odd shape boarders, so I've decided to make good use of the blank spaces.

can't wait to see what you exactly mean by that

Quote Originally Posted by Viper007
    Ascari Kz-1
    no its not, its a 599.

Rob

Not to stir the pot but...

I am alos in the "Label the photos with car identities" group. THere are a ton of cars out there, especially old ones that I would love to know about, but when photos are posted with no ID, it drives me nuts. Any pic I take with amature ability is noted with the name, why can't a pro do the same?
    UCP's BSG Nerd and a resident Freerider.
    flickr page:http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaru72/

Quote Originally Posted by KonaGreen
    Not to stir the pot but...

I am alos in the "Label the photos with car identities" group. THere are a ton of cars out there, especially old ones that I would love to know about, but when photos are posted with no ID, it drives me nuts. Any pic I take with amature ability is noted with the name, why can't a pro do the same?
    Sometimes a picture speaks for itself

yet again I am unable to go to this event.....stupid Formula Student date clash....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Sometimes a picture speaks for itself
    but only sometimes....

Thread Information