Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: fxx...the qwestion

fxx...the qwestion

Boys I'm back.....its Ferrari prinze...I aint here 2 start any problems just to talk bout sumtin I love ....cars......I wanted 2 kno...the thread recently said that 10 fxx costomera will be receiving blowers for there cars....personally...out of the 29 .....9 should have blowers ...10 should have twin turbo....and the remaining 10 should keep them naturally aspirated with more tuning done........by the way the fxx will be the first factory Ferrari with a blower....the Scuderia have never developed a blower...am I correct or no? But guyz I am back...not here 2 make problems just here 2 stay loyal 2 ucp

Oh Noes.

in the other thread some ferrari's were mentioned as having non na engines, notably the f40 and 288GTO. no real need to start a new thread here. And while a forced induction model would be interesting, you have to wonder how much more power the fxx can make without becoming dangerous. but as the fxx is purely a developmental car, it might make sense for them to test out bot turbo and supercharged versions

I get you...but I wanna kno the FXX is a development car....yes....but if they do ,make the blower ...it will b there 1st right?

Does Ferrari plan on dropping the compression on these 10 FXX's? I can see lots of problems popping up if they don't.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by FERRARI Prinze2
    I get you...but I wanna kno the FXX is a development car....yes....but if they do ,make the blower ...it will b there 1st right?
    no, the f40 and 288 GTO both had superchargers ( according to others posts, I don't know myself)

Me 2....the compression is very high...yes..but f1 cars run 2.4s and have near 800bhp.....yet this car can handle it..t....personally they should drop a 6.0 f1 engine in it..imagine the HP...costume made...that's the only way 2 go....p...=P 4/5

Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    no, the f40 and 288 GTO both had superchargers ( according to others posts, I don't know myself)
    actually, the f40 had twin turbos, i don't know about the gto though

edit: the 288 also has twin turbos, not superchargers
    Last edited by gt4forever; 07-29-2006 at 06:52 PM.

F1 engine is impractical for anything other than an f1 car, (they wear out very fast and are terrible to drive with except on the racetrack due to narrow powerband, and require super high quality race fuel, and a team of mechanics, etc.) so they would be useless in a roadcar and have no place in a car which is development for the next ferrari. And ferrari would have to develop an entirely new engine for 29 cars, the cost would be huge

hmmm FXX + Blower= Fastest car on earth.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

I get u....e

Quote Originally Posted by adamfraser
    Oh Noes.
    Haha, my thoughts indeed.

I'd say no. Ferrari has already been through the Turbo stage in its life, esp since they were on their top cars. I think experimenting on superchargers would be best alone.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

I dont think the FXX is a production car is it?

they made 10 and sold them to cutomers but some stay at Ferrari because they are not road legal... plus they are an experiment... i saw an article about them somewhere explaining it... have to find it
    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    -Rita Mae Brown-

Scrw ut....g...fxx vs.917/30

Ok, didn't understand that.

Equinox, there are 29 I believe. They were all sold to well-trusted Ferrari owners. Upon purchase, the owners become part of Ferrari's research team and are given their own pit crews. They are track-legal only.

Upon this car, Ferrari is using it to develop the next Ferrari supercar which could be the F60 or next "Enzo". This supercharger deal seems to be Ferrari just experimenting with the FXX's capabilities. They want a perfect supercar come time for the next one.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Thread Information