Thread: '74 Alfa Romeo 2000 GTV

'74 Alfa Romeo 2000 GTV

So here's the deal...

I was scouring eBay and found this beauty... not that I'm gonna get it anytime soon, but let's have this hypothetical situation in which you had the money to buy a car such as this AND have a garage to store it in... would you buy it? would it be a good daily driver (not that i'd drive it daily, just curious for the sake of argument)... and how reliable would this GTV be with routine maintenance (which im sure would cost a pretty penny or two)... any ideas are welcome

EDIT: I forgot to even ask, does this even have a useable back seat or is it just a grocery rack...?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1974-...QQcmdZViewItem
    "It's better to drive a slow car fast, than a fast car slow"
    - ...?

Its not a real Alfa if it doesnt have rattles and squeaks
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

well its a nice car... i'm not sure if you'd want to drive it daily, and as for maintenance, it may cost quite a bit for parts etc.

I probably would not buy it, because i'm not an Alfa type of guy
    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    -Rita Mae Brown-

I have a bunch of freinds that drive older Alfa Romeo's, both Bertone and spider's and they are very reliable daily drivers. They rust if you drive them in the winter months in Denmark. I wouldn't advise against them, they are quite good cars!
    Team Fiattitude

One of the richer people in my town has one. it is stored in the same garage as my dad's C5 Great car to look at and a certain headturner for everyone. It gets more attention as any Porsche around here and probably more as the F40/F50/Enzo's around town

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    One of the richer people in my town has one. it is stored in the same garage as my dad's C5 Great car to look at and a certain headturner for everyone. It gets more attention as any Porsche around here and probably more as the F40/F50/Enzo's around town
    What kind of town do you live again...? lol... f40/f50/enzos... nice!!!

but yes, i can get one in good condition for between $15K to $30K depending on condition, and it would definitely be more sexy than any porsche... but we'll see... in a few years...
    "It's better to drive a slow car fast, than a fast car slow"
    - ...?

I would buy it. My friend and his dad are restoring that same exact car right now and it's a fun little car that definetly has some pep to it. As for a daily driver it would be pretty fun, but in the winter it'll rust like crazy. The back seat depends on how tall the people in the front seats are because they slide back quite far. Parts for the car are pretty expensive tho, so I wouldn't beat on it, to much .
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Quote Originally Posted by m5child
    What kind of town do you live again...? lol... f40/f50/enzos... nice!!!
    I know where he lives, none of those cars resides there
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv
    I would buy it. My friend and his dad are restoring that same exact car right now and it's a fun little car that definetly has some pep to it. As for a daily driver it would be pretty fun, but in the winter it'll rust like crazy. The back seat depends on how tall the people in the front seats are because they slide back quite far. Parts for the car are pretty expensive tho, so I wouldn't beat on it, to much .
    body quality is all important, the technical bits can be had at a price. The GTA was homologated as a touring car so it is a 4-seater
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thread Information