View Poll Results: Whats the best new sports car?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bugatti Veyron

4 7.41%
  • Ford GT

2 3.70%
  • Mclaren SLR

5 9.26%
  • Ferrari Enzo

12 22.22%
  • Porsche Carrera GT

12 22.22%
  • Koenigsegg CCR

18 33.33%
  • Dodge Viper

1 1.85%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best new sports car

best new sports car

the best new sports car

I voted for the enzo just cause i love the looks and it obviously has the performance to go with them.

my vote is for the "FORD GT" it may not be the quikest or the most powerful but in my view it looks the best and sounds awsome!!!!!!!!!!!
    wat you dont understand, is that i make love to my hand....so i dont need you honey, i beat my dik liek it owes me money
    !!

Mine the Brera or 8C, doesnt quite rate with the ones you have selected but i like them.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Performance can Seduce

whoops! there goes brand loyalty again. i voted for the porsche

i also really like the koenigsegg and the enzo, but i voted porsche because the koenigsegg is underpowered (or so i hear) and i dont like the enzo looks as much as the porsche

Quote Originally Posted by inter mil
    whoops! there goes brand loyalty again. i voted for the porsche

i also really like the koenigsegg and the enzo, but i voted porsche because the koenigsegg is underpowered (or so i hear) and i dont like the enzo looks as much as the porsche
    Power 806 bhp / 601.3 kW @ 6900 rpm
    Torque 920 Nm / 678.6 ft lbs @ 5700 rpm

How is the Koenigsegg underpowered???

Anyway, the Koenigsegg CCR would be my favorite new sports car...
    Dreaming of a Peugeot 106 Rallye...

Quote Originally Posted by Scientist
    How is the Koenigsegg underpowered???
    It never did meet the performance figures touted by the manufacturer during development.
    So against their own specs, it was either under-powered, poor aero or based on computer predictions which could NEVER be met in the real world.
    I consider it was (and is) the latter
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Talking

My vote is for my faveourite car in the world at the moment the KOENIGSEGG CCR
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

"however, you still feel a modified Ford V8 is never an ideal engine to a supercar. It might work in Ford GT, but not a car costing 4 times the money. For sound, for willingness and response, there is no replacement to a high-tech V12 or V10. Unfortunately, Koenigsegg could neither source a better engine nor develop a one itself. "

and

"On paper, this engine delivers 655 horsepower at a high 6800rpm and it redlines at a mighty 7500rpm. The peak torque of 553 lbft arrives at 5000rpm. So, it should have the best combination of power and torque on the market. Unfortunately, that is only on paper. In reality, the high-boost 4.7 V8, with its unusually high specific power, lacks torque at low to medium rev to fight against its rivals. Its torque curve is more like an old-fashion turbocharged engine’s than a supercharged engine’s"

and

"It found the CC8S took a laughable 10.2 seconds to accelerate from 50-70mph at top gear while Pagani Zonda C12S needed only 4.4 sec."

from
    http://autozine.kyul.net/html/Koenigsegg.htm#CC8S

...so like i said, a beautiful car with some engine/power problems

I may come across as a bit of a Koenigsegg fanboy here, but I don't hold much validity in an article that would criticize the lack of an auto tranny ...

"...because the Koenigsegg also offers ABS, traction control, air conditioning, climate control, CD changer, mobile phone, sat nav, power windows, power mirrors, central locking etc. The only thing it misses is an automatic transmission." ... or was that comment supposed to be sarcastic?

I have read about its (possibly) optimistic top speed, and its "... the CC8S took a laughable 10.2 seconds to accelerate from 50-70mph at top gear while Pagani Zonda C12S needed only 4.4 sec." I think this is a combined failure in its peaky torque and gear ratios, as the Pagani's top speed is 197 mph (EVO Nov.'03) and the CC8s is claimed at 242 mph they are obviously geared much differently in the final drive ratio and possibly (most likely) in the transmission itself.

As I love both the Pagani and the Koenigsegg, I don't want to knock either one, I think they are both awesome cars it just seems that the Autozine article went out of its way to put the CC8s down ... who in their right mind would accelerate 50-70 mph in a car like this anyway?

I'd love to give the CC8s a real world test ... any offers?

i interpreted the comment about the auto tranny as sarcastic. the article seemed to be pointing out that with all the features added on, the koenigsegg was more like a luxury car than a supercar

I read that the CC8 needed 4.4 seconds to hit 60 mph. I don't think that the CC8S would be faster than the mighty McLaren F1. The new CCR has only been put in production for no other reason than to take the fastest production car title. Plus, the engine is supercharged. To be quite honest, you could attach lots of turbos or superchargers to any odd performance car and give them really high power outputs. For example, people tune Skylines to develop 1000+ bhp. Examples of proper supercars are The Pagani Zonda S, Ferrari Enzo and the McLaren F1. They all develop high power outputs without the aiding of a turbocharger or supercharger. Who cares about the ridiculous Bugatti Veyron. Yes, 1001 bhp but it needs 4 turbochargers to get that output. 4 Turbos! What about Turbo lag. I reckon that the Veyron will either not see production or be a complete and utter failure.

yes, it does need 4 t'chargers, but you're forgetting about 199 hp as well,remember that it was tuned down. Also, it really imo belongs in another class, it's straight line speed, whereas all these other cars could probably do very well on a twisty course.
    Meh, just my lunch money.....2 cents. I'm broke.

best car

Ford GT looks good, ferrari enzo is fast, bugatti has both, koenigsegg has all what it takes to be the coolest!!!!!!!Sure got my vote Really need the german autobahn for these cars (no speedlimit)

220 yesterday

guys guys guys

The REAL story about the Koenigsegg Engine Block

I have talk to Koenigsegg and this is what the said:

“We purchase the blocks from a Italy manufacturer, they have specialize on cast Racing Blocks. The company is named TEKSID, and lies in Carmagnola Italy. They also cast blocks for Ford-Racing, there by the rumour, presumably. But they also cast blocks for Ferrari F1 etc.
    The Block is then sent to Sweden do be assemble with the Omegapistons, Supercharger, Oil Pump etc.

Our block haven’t even the same dimension as the Ford, our is 4700cc and Fords is 4600cc”

So there U have it, the real story about the Koenigsegg engine.

and for that that the CCR is not making its marks, it havent bin testet yet but i have heard the Tiff Needell is the first journalist that is goning to test it soo its only to wait and see

Thread Information