Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hot hatches, or small roadsters?

Quote Originally Posted by LotusLocost
    And nobody has heard of the hotest hach?
    Renault Sport Clio V6??

I'll take that one
    Wacky little cars, those V6's. But I keep reading about the Clio 182 Trophy being the most fun car ever to spin a wheel.

It's a moo (sic) point though, as it'd be easier to pass a camel through the eye of a needle than to get a ****ing Renault in Arkansas.

guess the point I'm trying to make is that the title of Hottest Hot Hatch it still very much in contention.

The 182 Clio is a quick and agile car no doubt, but I just couldn't live with the Renault build quality. It would rattle and shake itself to bits. It's the sort of car that is great for the first owner to drive out of the showroom but I'd hate to be picking one up with 80k on the clocks as things are starting to fall off.

You could spend £1000 on a Mk2 golf, throw £1000 or less at it and you'll have 200bhp with legendary VW reliability in the cult iconic car that started the whole hot hatch thing off. (ok that accolade would go to the Mk1 but you get my point)
    http://usera.imagecave.com/hall_p/90x90liverpool.gif

I'd take a Renault Clio Trophy, a SEAT Ibiza Cupra, or a Lotus Elise

If I desperately wanted a hot hatch, I'd buy it in Britain, then have it sent to the US in a container.
    Last edited by Zytek_Fan; 08-22-2006 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan
    I'd take a Renault Clio Trophy, a SEAT Ibiza Cupra, or a Lotus Elise.
    How is an Elise a hot hatch??

If I desperately wanted a hot hatch, I'd buy it in Britain, then have it sent to the US in a container.
    Would you convert it to LHD?? Besides, you would have to check if it's road legal in the US becuase of safety specs. If you want a Renault Clio Trophy or an SEAT Ibiza Cupra bad enough. You can buy them off a dealer showroom in Mexico, since they sell them both here. And drive it home. And you wouldn't have to convert them to LHD.
    Last edited by taz_rocks_miami; 08-22-2006 at 06:30 PM.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    Would you convert it to LHD?? Besides, you would have to check if it's road legal in the US becuase of safety specs. If you want a Renault Clio Trophy or an SEAT Ibiza Cupra bad enough. You can buy them off a dealer showroom in Mexico, since they sell them both here. And drive it home. And you wouldn't have to convert them to LHD.
    WHAT!!!!! They sell the Renault Clio Trophy in Mexico!!! Dude, why didn't anyone tell me that? That would save me thousands of dollars if i decided to buy one. i always thought it had to be 25+ years old. anyway, do they sell the VW Touran in Mexico?
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering
    WHAT!!!!! They sell the Renault Clio Trophy in Mexico!!! Dude, why didn't anyone tell me that? That would save me thousands of dollars if i decided to buy one. i always thought it had to be 25+ years old. anyway, do they sell the VW Touran in Mexico?
    Yep, they sell it here brand new. The Renault dealer is a 10 min drive from my house. I was gonna buy a 2006 Clio Trophy a few months back. I didn't cuz they didn't approve my credit (Haven't lived in Mexico long enough they said ). It costs $200,000.00 Pesos, about $17,500.00 USD here. Because the the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) you can buy new cars on either side of the border. You just gotta pay the import tax or something.

I'll get back to ya on the Touran.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Holy shit! 17k USD, thats quite cheap, they sell for £12,995 here in the UK. Considering they have to be built in Yerp and sent out there thats a very good price. Thats about £3000 cheaper than we get them for in the UK (not that I'd be in the market to buy one)
    http://usera.imagecave.com/hall_p/90x90liverpool.gif

Quote Originally Posted by LandQuail
    Wacky little cars, those V6's. But I keep reading about the Clio 182 Trophy being the most fun car ever to spin a wheel.

It's a moo (sic) point though, as it'd be easier to pass a camel through the eye of a needle than to get a ****ing Renault in Arkansas.

guess the point I'm trying to make is that the title of Hottest Hot Hatch it still very much in contention.
    If I'm going to be a bit reasonable... I'd pick the Clio 182 to
    But for pure unreasonablenes (hehe?) id take a V6..

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    Yep, they sell it here brand new. The Renault dealer is a 10 min drive from my house. I was gonna buy a 2006 Clio Trophy a few months back. I didn't cuz they didn't approve my credit (Haven't lived in Mexico long enough they said ). It costs $200,000.00 Pesos, about $17,500.00 USD here. Because the the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) you can buy new cars on either side of the border. You just gotta pay the import tax or something.

I'll get back to ya on the Touran.
    Can you buy me a Renault Clio Trophy 182? I'll pay you back

Also, my parents want a SEAT Ibiza Cupra TDI

Can you buy me a Renault Clio Trophy 182? I'll pay you back
    Yeah right.

Also, my parents want a SEAT Ibiza Cupra TDI
    We only get the petrol versions here in Mexico.

Thread Information