Thread: Whats wrong with street racing?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rev440
    There are very few deaths that come from it.
    Do you want to tell that again but then to the mothers,fathers and friends of those dead ? Around my little town there are plenty of popular roads to race on.for both bikes AND cars. Last year 6 bikers and 3 cars crashed fatally.They simply under or oversteered right out of the corners and crahed into whatever was available. My (dads) colleague has hit 4 bikers in 3 years time. He lives in a tiny country road just past a fast turn in the road. He has had some reaqlly big claims from bikers who wanted money. All times he was in court,he didnt have to pay. He simply could NOT have seen them coming. The record for it stands on 315 km/h through a blind turn

As you notice i am a strong opponent and have witnessed myself one accident. The guys were racing on their tuned-scooters.One got past the blind intersection safely the second was hit by a car and got his head under the tires. Like a melon... not a pretty sight i must say Luckily he was just a tourist and not someone i knew

I can understand 100% how much fun it may be.I know one person who enjoys street racing too,but he knows where to stop. If he sees a blind intersection he slams the brakes even if it's empty. If he gets over xx speed he brakes. He doesnt care if he loses,he wants to have fun,but SAFELY. That is IMHO the way it should go.
    Last edited by drakkie; 09-16-2006 at 04:17 AM.

Thread Information