Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: First American V12 supercar: Brammo Rogue GT

nice cars , americans can built good cars

But it strikes me , when someone calls the GT40 british , everybody seems to forget that the car didnt won anything before Carroll Shelby took over the project, before him the car didnt look very good in the track actually , and they also forget the famous all american victory with all american drivers.
    Last edited by darkjedi; 02-01-2007 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darkjedi

But it strikes me , when someone calls the GT40 british , everybody seems to forget that the car didnt won anything before Carroll Shelby took over the project, before him the car didnt look very good in the track actually , and they also forget the famous all american victory with all american drivers.
    Do a serach on here, we've covered the "myth" of the GT40 success with more historically accurate background.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Do a serach on here, we've covered the "myth" of the GT40 success with more historically accurate background.
    what´s the success percentage of Ford in Lemans?

thank you...

thank you...
    That's not what he was talking about.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Carrol Shelby did take over the project and create the MkII but the car was penned by a brit from Lola, besides, the shelby super cars like the 289 Cobra and the GT40 can't be called any single nationality simply because his team was involved. Shelby had engineers with Ph.D's from Germany, Australia, Great Britain, some american "backyard mechanics" and many more countries. They are more an example of what can be accomplished by crossing boundaries than by creating them by giving the cars a nationality.
    If you are content to follow the trends of society, you will forever be a slave to it.
    If you forge your own path and start your own trends, society will follow you.

thank you...
    For the GT40 atrocious .... many books don't bother to say how many cars were entered ..

Her's a list last time this came up .... a comparison with Ferrari

GT40 Le Mans history - a perspective
    1964 3 cars entered. None finished.
    6 Ferrari in same class
    1965 6 cars entered. None finised.
    3 Ferrari in same class
    1966 13 cars entered. 10 did not finish. Historic 1-2-3
    9 Ferrari in same class
    1967 12 cars entered. 10 did not finish. 1st and 4th
    NO Ferrari in same class, 7 in the class below
    1968 5 entered. NO offical Ford. 4 did not finish. 1st to Wyers team
    4 Ferrari in same class
    1969 5 entered. 2 others failed to make start. No official Ford. 2 did not finish. 1st and 3rd to Wyers team
    1 Ferrari in same class

http://gt40.org.uk/Le%20Mans/
    http://www.teamdan.com/archive/wsc/1969/69lemans.html
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

well, i dont know about the GT or The GT40 or many of the versiond of it, buuuut, i think the 2000 Dodge Hennesey Viper 800TT, (look it up) is one of the greatest american muscle cars, and its not shabby performance either
    -tops around 240
    -0-60 in 2.2 seconds
    -0-100 in 5.5 seconds
    so yeah, think that over

Quote Originally Posted by 550spyder
    Heres another American Company coming out with a new car...dont know if its a v12 or not but I like the picture anyway... even though there isnt much to see. WWW.BORNCARS.COM

i found another picture and a comment by the guy who proposed it check it out, it says it will be on the site soon

Quote Originally Posted by DieFrage
    Carrol Shelby did take over the project and create the MkII but the car was penned by a brit from Lola, besides, the shelby super cars like the 289 Cobra and the GT40 can't be called any single nationality simply because his team was involved. Shelby had engineers with Ph.D's from Germany, Australia, Great Britain, some american "backyard mechanics" and many more countries. They are more an example of what can be accomplished by crossing boundaries than by creating them by giving the cars a nationality.
    Im sorry , but i was right its wrong to call it british .

But it bothers , i have seen this in many other forums every time someone posts a new great American car it turns either into a bash ford, GM etc or a thread about the GT40 not being American or USA whatever .

I thought we were talking about the brammo , first i think the guy that named it tried to name it Rambo but the car overall looks great , cant wait to see it for real .

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    Worst of all, its american. And the Americans never build a properly fast car in history !!!

i agree with that
    [IMG]http://img490.imageshack.us/img490/6404/jessicaalba0150000000000000002.jpg[/IMG]

Thread Information