Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: First American V12 supercar: Brammo Rogue GT

i know little about this car , but the ford GT is a great one ,,,,
    Americans can make super cars indeed .

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    He's just jealous... of something or other.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/powerlaps.shtml

FordGT beats most ferraris(except the enzo), porsches(except the carrera GT), lamborghinis(ALL) BMWs(ALL), etc. The Corvette Z06 beats a lot too.

They may not be at the top, but there's TONS of cars under them.

In my book, that meets the requirements of the definition of 'fast' no matter how you try to twist it.

I don't see any Saleen nor Panoz on this list either, I wonder where they'd rate.

Or Vector :O

PS. The ford Focus ST beat the Vanquish, lotus elise, and clio v6, the RS beat more :P

The fastest Japanese car (down the list a bit) is the Mitsubishi Evo FQ 400. Gawd I want one @.@

p.s. here's a page of some nice american cars: http://www.pistonheads.com/fastcars/us-supercars.htm
    Last edited by digitalcraft; 09-22-2006 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft
    PS. The ford Focus ST beat the Vanquish, lotus elise, and clio v6, the RS beat more :P
    And it is British. If it is a Brit Ford it isn't considered American. Yes the Vette is good, it isn't fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tiv
    When have the americans made a car that has both impresive performance and quality? The Corvette is not that great it performs but isn't built to last, and every good car Ford has made has been British.
    liar. and after seeing british build quality you have the audacity to say american cars aren't made to last...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft
    He's just jealous... of something or other.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/powerlaps.shtml

FordGT beats most ferraris(except the enzo), porsches(except the carrera GT), lamborghinis(ALL) BMWs(ALL), etc. The Corvette Z06 beats a lot too.

They may not be at the top, but there's TONS of cars under them.

In my book, that meets the requirements of the definition of 'fast' no matter how you try to twist it.

I don't see any Saleen nor Panoz on this list either, I wonder where they'd rate.

Or Vector :O

The fastest Japanese car (down the list a bit) is the Mitsubishi Evo FQ 400. Gawd I want one @.@

p.s. here's a page of some nice american cars: http://www.pistonheads.com/fastcars/us-supercars.htm
    The Ford GT has never set faster lap times than a LP640.
    A Ford GT has never beaten a GT2 Porsche either, nor has it beaten a 997 Turbo.

The problem with using Top Gear does not justify comparisons, even more for the fact that the show likes to show humor, and sometimes favoritism.

Your 2nd problem is that your link does NOT include newer cars from manufacturers. The Murcielago has had small updates since then. The LP640 is not listed. The Gallardo SE with a 520Bhp V10 is not listed. The Porsche GT2 996 is not listed. The 997 Turbo is not listed. The Ferrari F430 nor Porsche 997 GT3 is not listed. The GT has been outdone by these vehicles. Even the Corvette Z06 C6 which is also NOT listed has been on dead par, if not better.

Top Gear does not show all the cars competitors. Being so, it's very hard to use it as a source.
    Last edited by F1_Master; 09-22-2006 at 06:22 PM.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    Please... The Corvette's transverse leafspring has almost nothing in common with the leafsprings found on other applications.
    If they were regular helix springs, then I would agree that they have nothing in common with any other leafspring.

However; the leafsprings in the Corvette share quite a lot of commonality with other leafsprings by vertue of the fact that they are leafsprings.

And it is British. If it is a Brit Ford it isn't considered American. Yes the Vette is good, it isn't fantastic.
    AFAIK the Focus ST is primarily German, as are most European Ford products.

America does produce some good sports and supercars from time to time.

Before they lost me with this turbocharging nonsense, Saleen's S7 had proven itself to be an extremely capable endurance racer, as has the Mosler MT900, and the Ford GT would be a very, very good car, had it not been consumed by Ford USA's obsession with trotting out endless hackneyed retro-gibberish.

America can definately produce a suitable engine for a supercar, and the handling seems to be improving with each new car that appears.

The biggest obstacles to America becoming a true rival to the European supercar manufacturers remain: naming & styling.

"Brammo Rogue GT" sounds like something you buy a 5 year old to go with his Action Man, not an exotic, world beating supercar.

And to reiterate my above post - the Pagani Zondas of this world look like they are from 2016, why does the Rambo Brogue GT look like it is from 1996?
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master
    The Ford GT has never set faster lap times than a LP640.
    A Ford GT has never beaten a GT2 Porsche either, nor has it beaten a 997 Turbo.

The problem with using Top Gear does not justify comparisons, even more for the fact that the show likes to show humor, and sometimes favoritism.

Your 2nd problem is that your link does NOT include newer cars from manufacturers. The Murcielago has had small updates since then. The LP640 is not listed. The Gallardo SE with a 520Bhp V10 is not listed. The Porsche GT2 996 is not listed. The 997 Turbo is not listed. The Ferrari F430 nor Porsche 997 GT3 is not listed. The GT has been outdone by these vehicles. Even the Corvette Z06 C6 which is also NOT listed has been on dead par, if not better.

Top Gear does not show all the cars competitors. Being so, it's very hard to use it as a source.

You're right that those cars weren't raced, but there are other very fast american cars that weren't either. I didn't say that these cars were the fastest in the world, I said they were fast. I didn't know that american cars had to beat EVERY OTHER CAR IN THE WORLD to be considered fast :P

I'm just pointing out, americans can make some very nice cars.

Panoz is probably my favorite american car company as far as styling goes.

Panoze Esperante sounds like a nice name too.

They won the 12 hours of GT2 at sebring and 24 hours le mans GT2 too. I have to say they're not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Souljah
    think what is ment is that the only go fast in a straight line...not around a track.... But there is a few that can......but not as long as they have leafsprings at the back...
    Do you read what you write?

When have the americans made a car that has both impresive performance and quality? The Corvette is not that great it performs but isn't built to last, and every good car Ford has made has been British.
    Were you born stupid or did you just get dropped a lot?

Oh wow, since when did quality become a factor in this discussion? IIRC it was about american cars performance.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    liar. and after seeing british build quality you have the audacity to say american cars aren't made to last...

Lmfao! Good call.

wel mclaren,kingofthering and others, GET DOWN TO EARTH. The car you mention are quick ,not fast, in a straight line but handle like a lorry.

As mentioned every fast Ford was built in Britain,well thats only one,the original GT40.The `new´ GT is nowhere near a fast car nowadays.

I´m sorry but it is a fact.Offcourse there are some exceptions,sure, but they are very rare ones that noone can afford and everyone dreams about.

Cars like the Lotus´s are nowhere near to be found in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    As mentioned every fast Ford was built in Britain,well thats only one,the original GT40.The `new´ GT is nowhere near a fast car nowadays.
    200+ mph isn't fast? I'm not an American car fan, but calling a Ford GT 'not fast' is rather ludicrous. The specs of the Ford GT are almost identical to that of the F430.. the only edge for the Ferrari being the handling/speeds around a circuit.

drakkie, what are you TALKING about @.@

I'm rather confused. The ford GT is faster than the old ford GT 40.

And I see loti very often in Portland Oregon actually.

Thread Information