38. You may not vote on this poll
  • GT500

13 34.21%
  • C6

25 65.79%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Gt500 Vs C6

Quote Originally Posted by kigango123
    not much, i like the Gt500, even though it outweighed the c6 by a few hundred pounds, it still would be a good street car. put forced induction on it and no c6 is coming close to me.
    Accept for that one C6 they like to call the Z06

In a drag race possibly yes, but the vette is way more rounded in performance aspects.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

the gt500 is just too seductive
    but it could do with more the old fashioned, cubic inches
    and it needs to lose some wieght plus just a bit distinction from the normal mustang
    the lights that lit up from the middle to the sides would be cool

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    ROFLMAO

Oh man, you're a crack up.

How much carbon fibre were you planning on having? The entire body, or the engine as well?
    you know if you replaced the roof like with the m6 with carbon fiber it would improve handling alot i bet. the trunk and hood could be replaced with carbon fiber. the top most parts that can be replaced with out damaging the car should rreplaced as to lower center of gravity

Quote Originally Posted by rev440
    The C and D tests were shit. The car has gotten as low as 12.2's in other mags. I like both and to be honest the only way I could pick is if I drove them both. There both nice cars for sure but different strokes for different folks.
    I'm not talking about just 0-60s amd 1/4 miles, god, is that ALL you ever compare?

It got creamed on the driving course. It only dominated in a quarter mile. The car is a pig. The fact that it just outweighs the original is a turnoff in this day and age when SVT are supposed to be making high-performance Fords, not tards weighing more than the predecessor and getting creamed by 400Bhp Corvettes on the track.
    Last edited by F1_Master; 10-13-2006 at 07:33 PM.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master
    I'm not talking about just 0-60s amd 1/4 miles, god, is that ALL you ever compare?

It got creamed on the driving course. It only dominated in a quarter mile. The car is a pig. The fact that it just outweighs the original is a turnoff in this day and age when SVT are supposed to be making high-performance Fords, not tards weighing more than the predecessor and getting creamed by 400Bhp Corvettes on the track.
    The cars are aimed at different markets. The mustangs are usally track cars and the vettes are usally sunny day cars. Youll see alot more GT500's then new vettes at the track because the vette owners just arent into that. Not all tracks have turns.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

Not all tracks have turns.
    But, on the other hand, most tracks do have turns so that should be taken into account.

The cars are aimed at different markets. The mustangs are usally track cars and the vettes are usally sunny day cars. Youll see alot more GT500's then new vettes at the track because the vette owners just arent into that. Not all tracks have turns.
    Not necessarily. This is America, and in America, any middle-age man will be after a sports car to just cruise in to be different.

But other tracks do, and most realize that comparing cars on a track than a strip shows off more of the cars' performance capabilities.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by 092326001
    you know if you replaced the roof like with the m6 with carbon fiber it would improve handling alot i bet. the trunk and hood could be replaced with carbon fiber. the top most parts that can be replaced with out damaging the car should rreplaced as to lower center of gravity
    Now, how much time and effort, not to mention money, would it take??

Sorry, I just don't buy that. What kigango was talking about was weight reduction, not handling.

It still wouldn't improve the handling enough. The Corvette has been built from the ground-up as a pure, out-and-out sports car. The Mustang was built to accomodate a 3.8 V6 as well as a 5.4 supercharged V8, so it's not concentrating on one area. It's a jack of most trades, and definitely master of none.

I would like to make it clear that I did vote for the GT500 at this point... I do like it as a car, it's just illogical to take it over a Corvette. But I just like it

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    Now, how much time and effort, not to mention money, would it take??

Sorry, I just don't buy that. What kigango was talking about was weight reduction, not handling.

It still wouldn't improve the handling enough. The Corvette has been built from the ground-up as a pure, out-and-out sports car. The Mustang was built to accomodate a 3.8 V6 as well as a 5.4 supercharged V8, so it's not concentrating on one area. It's a jack of most trades, and definitely master of none.

I would like to make it clear that I did vote for the GT500 at this point... I do like it as a car, it's just illogical to take it over a Corvette. But I just like it
    Are you saying that you are illogical?

Quote Originally Posted by gtface
    Are you saying that you are illogical?
    No, it's just that I prefer the GT500. I know it doesn't make sense to choose it, but I just prefer it. That's all. If I based everything on numbers, then I'd pick the C6. If I use my heart, I pick the GT500 every time.

Since I was 7, I've loved Mustangs, for all their faults. I remember one of the first model cars I bought with my own pocket money was a yellow 1/24 scale Majorette Mustang the '94 one. I even made a little aerial for it, to stick on the front.

Nothing's changed now. Despite the fact that it's a big, dumb hulk, I just love it. It's in my Top 10 Dream Garage.

im not ignorant i just dont want 6 litres being wasted on a few hundred horsepower...

Quote Originally Posted by DizMeisTa
    im not ignorant i just dont want 6 litres being wasted on a few hundred horsepower...
    You have absolutely no idea what your talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    You have absolutely no idea what your talking about.
    You have absolutely no idea how much of a jerk you are
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    You have absolutely no idea how much of a jerk you are
    Thanks I try.

after much thinking, it's the GT500. Somehow adding a supercharger or nitrous or even racing seats to the C6 makes me vomit. Plus if i'd buy a C6, I would take the Z06, but at least with the Mustang, I wouldn't have to worry about the roof flying off at high speeds.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Thread Information