Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Porsche 928.

Wow!! This 928 concept makes me feel the same awe and excitement I felt from the original. Unlike most cars where the very first versions are the best looking, the 928 got better and better looking with each restyle. It filled-out nicely and the power in the last versions actually made it seem Porsches top model.

I hope this new car is big. Nothing like a big, loud, imposing GT to part traffic. Make it 612 Scaglietti sized but beefier or a svelter GTO with even more presence and many will beat on Porsche's doors for one, offering up their 6-series and CL AMGs as trades.

Again, gorgeous!!
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    928 S...ZO6 destroyer?
    If it gets its 500hp then definetly, for more than twice the cost of the Z06 though.

Beautiful car.

I absolutely loved the 928's back in the 80's. They were luxurious yet extremely competent grand touring cars. It is nice to see that Porsche are bringing them back.

Hopefully they will continue the tradition of the original ones by being comfortable, luxurious, smooth, powerful, and posessing amazing grip in the corners.

I can't wait to see the new ones when they come out.

Wow, this oldie thread brings back some interesting stuff. That really does look like a Panamera missing 2 doors.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Wow, this oldie thread brings back some interesting stuff. That really does look like a Panamera missing 2 doors.
    Yeah I'm kind of surprised I said I liked this. I'm not so sure I do anymore. Well I guess it was just another rumor, I have heard nothing of this car since this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver View Post
    Yeah I'm kind of surprised I said I liked this. I'm not so sure I do anymore. Well I guess it was just another rumor, I have heard nothing of this car since this thread.
    I liked it then, I still like it now.

Not bad-looking. Could possibly pass as a Panamera coupe instead of a 928. What do you think the price range of this car would be in if this car were to be in production?
    I'd say this would be Porche's first "affordable" coupe, with my guess-timated price range of $29,000-$40,000.
    "Every time I close the door on reality, it comes in through the windows." -- Unknown

Awesome! Loved the old 928 and this certainly looks great. The Panemera is a good source for underpinnings, now without the hideous proportions and less weight.
    "This car is about as refined as a Glaswegian dock worker after 10 cans of special brew"

Quote Originally Posted by PRC777 View Post
    Not bad-looking. Could possibly pass as a Panamera coupe instead of a 928. What do you think the price range of this car would be in if this car were to be in production?
    I'd say this would be Porche's first "affordable" coupe, with my guess-timated price range of $29,000-$40,000.
    I think you left off a couple of zeros..
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Wow I totally forgot I'd even posted in this. I was equally excited opening this thread for the second time, 4 years down the road.

I really think they should produce this.

Quote Originally Posted by PRC777 View Post
    That's way too cheap for a 928. The 928 was the top end model at the time of its day. Expect over $100,000 if Porsche made it again.

Yeah, a modern day 928 would definitely have a big V8 engine, or at least a forced induction V6. A modern day 944 may be that cheap though, it was offered with four bangers.

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    Wow I totally forgot I'd even posted in this. I was equally excited opening this thread for the second time, 4 years down the road.

I really think they should produce this.
    They did speculate they're releasing a whole bunch of models, so I'm not surprised if they brought this out. Just hope they're not a whole bunch of crossover SUVs and small SUVs.

So I admittedly did some more research on the 928 and found out that the car cost ~$28,500 in '78. Can anyone translate this to today's currency rate? Surely, this wouldn't translate to $100,00+ in today's currency standard.

What I'm saying is that I don't think this car would really be over 100K+ if it was made into production, swollen brand name premium price included.
    Last edited by PRC777; 04-08-2010 at 06:43 PM.
    "Every time I close the door on reality, it comes in through the windows." -- Unknown

Barely under, but mind you, this is before those infamous German optional extras.
    $94,741.08
    CPI Inflation Calculator
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Car and driver had another rumor of something slotting in under a Boxster, so maybe not a 928 but a 914?
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Thread Information