Thread: MS8 Clubman and MS8 Streamliner

MS8 Clubman and MS8 Streamliner

what do u guys reacon about the MS8 Clubman and MS8 Streamliner? i think their a step in the right direction but still need some more work before i classify it a revolutianry for holden (by that i mean needs more techy advancments that isn't that flash any more ie DOHC SVT etc). also do u think that holden should just stick to what they are good at? or should they broden their horizens. Im saying broden but again what do u think? ne way got an assignment due tomorrow that i need another couple of hundered words for so C ya.

MS8 Clubman and MS8 Streamliner

why not broden, it cant hurt besides i think its good with the elfins cars with the holden engines but it should be a holden badge, and can ya buy em?

Technically theyre not Holdens, although Mike Simcoe was head of the styling and theyre LS-1's under the bonnet and Monaro wheels on it. Elfin are still selling them but considering the LS-1 is the smallest and lightest V8 available in the country why shouldnt they use it
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    Elfin are still selling them but considering the LS-1 is the smallest and lightest V8 available in the country why shouldnt they use it
    Well to be perfectly honest a large 4 will probly complimet the car a lot better then a v8 of nearly any description....

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500
    Well to be perfectly honest a large 4 will probly complimet the car a lot better then a v8 of nearly any description....
    Your joking. Why have a 4 when a 8 will fit?
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

As FPV said they are not Holdens. Simcoe heard that they were developing a new car and having some problems so he offered Holdens design people to help. The engine is a Chev motor also and has been used in a few different cars around the world.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    Your joking. Why have a 4 when a 8 will fit?
    i never did say my prefernce was a large 4 btw

a large 4 cylinder would appeal to different people than the MS8. those who want a 4 wheel bike would probably go for a classic Elfin with a 20V Toyota motor or maybe something force fed like an SR20, but those who want something like a modern versino of the inspiration behind the original AC Cobra will of course want a V8
    I am the Stig

Well the cars in general would appeal to only a few [eople all considering the starting price is 85k ill see if i can get a copy of the offical holden parts mag...it has infoon them...

well theyre not the only LS1 clubman out either...i think its the Lotus X7 comes with an LS1 as well for only $40K so thats practically half the asking price, plus i dont think im the only one who rathers the original styling. not to mention all the 4 cylinder versions on the market at upwards of about $20K
    I am the Stig

Thread Information