Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: [PC] Crysis

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap View Post
    All members? I don't think the guys with bold type usernames consider themselves in this apparently inferior race. They can provoke us whenever they want, they can flame-bait whenever they want, they can go off-topic whenever they want, they can insult with "stereotypes" whenever they want. Well, at least some do.

And you forgot the one without GFW branding:
    Grow up. Oh, to stay on topic. That Crysis box art looks like a video game!

Can someone answear my question, are there keyboards and mouses for consoles, namely, ps3 and xbox 360? TIA
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

yes yes yes but its only for multiplayer chat

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    Grow up. Oh, to stay on topic. That Crysis box art looks like a video game!
    If you cannot discuss this maturely or have nothing good to post, I'd rather you not post. I'd be more than happy to settle in peace if you and the other provocative supporting members would do the same. I know you guys have been trying to provoke us PC gamers but your intention to seek aggression and to fire up conversations doesn't agree much with the forum guidelines, especially when you sent me a PM in attempt to dissuade me. And as I said, we can settle in peace if you and the other supporting members discontinue to provoke.

And to stay on topic effectively, here's an interesting article that illustrates the future of DX10 and Crysis beta:

Quote Originally Posted by bit-tech
    We managed to resist asking about Crysis until almost right at the end of our chat, but I could tell that Roy was dying to give me an update on where the game was. I couldn’t help but ask after the big hint he gave me when we were talking about developers choosing not to port current DX9 games to DX10.

Crytek has been pretty quiet in recent months – there have been a few videos but not a lot else, so it was time for Roy to come to the rescue and deliver some tidbits for those of us that cannot wait any longer.

“The alpha is done and the beta demo is not a million miles off – it’s definitely coming though. The game is in really great shape and there are a number of things that work extremely well.
    Source: http://www.bit-tech.net/bits/2007/06...twimtbp_dx10/6
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

interesting. i really like how crytek are seeking out what PC gamers themselves want, and then developing on that. By spending alot of time developing technology for DX9 as well as the optimized DX10 features in the game. And they are already looking forward beyond crysis!

The day this game comes out will be a landmark. thats for sure. i saw him mention the demo beta too. that means the wait is made that little bit shorter!

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    interesting. i really like how crytek are seeking out what PC gamers themselves want, and then developing on that. By spending alot of time developing technology for DX9 as well as the optimized DX10 features in the game. And they are already looking forward beyond crysis!

The day this game comes out will be a landmark. thats for sure. i saw him mention the demo beta too. that means the wait is made that little bit shorter!
    Most of the time in development was actually spent in Cry Engine 2 itself, then it was smooth sailing for them to make the models, maps, etc. It must be good or plane ticket to Germany with permission to carry weapon!!
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

If you aren't gonna stay on topic, please discuss elsewhere.

Yes I get the point, you guys don't like PCs, then go play your consoles. No need to troll around. If you wish to discuss about consoles then please do so in a new thread or existing thread with consoles as topic.
    That's exactly it - you DON'T get the point.

You act like PCs are the be-all-and-end-all, and use every opportunity to take a swipe at consoles. "OC'd AMD Tw4tr0n 4.0 bazillahurtz pwnz c0n50lez, yo." "Guess what guys? J00 5uX0rz 'c4use u c4n't pl4y Crysis!!!1111one" - you're playing that card far too much. EVERY PLATFORM HAS ITS FLAWS!!! I bought a 360 for the games that aren't out on PC - and it was cheaper than building a gaming PC with a huge tower and dedicated screen that I don't have room for.

Yes, I could order £2,500 woth of MacBook Pro, load multiple OS's and claim to beat the **** out of everything, but I like to think I have a life.
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

claiming to have a life is never a way to win an argument.

Ordering £2.500 worth of macbook pro would be a pretty stupid idea too. A core 2 duo setup with an 8800 GTS goes for under £1000 and its more than ready for games that arent even out yet.

IMHO this isnt an argument about which platform is better. It goes without saying that the PC is more capable than anything because there is no limit to it. Other than that of console-exclusive games, which also works for PC exclusive games.

There are 2 types of gamers in this thread, ones who claim to have a life and ones who enjoy customizing their own gaming machines and consider it a hobby.

No need for '5uX0rz'.

All members? I don't think the guys with bold type usernames consider themselves in this apparently inferior race. They can provoke us whenever they want, they can flame-bait whenever they want, they can go off-topic whenever they want, they can insult with "stereotypes" whenever they want. Well, at least some do.
    Considering this rant about the elitist snobbery of supporting members, you come across as a fine elitist snob.

Since when do you get to dictate what people can and can't post in a thread, or demand that people stay "on topic"?

If you don't agree with some contributions; report a post, PM a mod, etc.

Moaning doesn't help anybody, neither does antagonising people with rhetoric such as the above.

"UCP" stands for "Ultimate Car Page", not "Ultimate NuclearCrap's Crysis Page", therefore any member can make any contribution they wish, within UCP's posting guidelines.

If you don't like that, go and set up "www.ultimatenuclearcrapscrysispage.com" and then you will be free to dictate your own terms as you see fit.
    Thanks for all the fish

claiming to have a life is never a way to win an argument.
    I'm not the one that's arguing. That's the very point I'm trying to make. You could spend an eternity arguing "Well I quite like this" and "I don't really like that" about various platforms but it's not going to get you anywhere. As far as games go, the platform is limited by what's out for it, not whether the HDD spins 1000rpm faster.

Ordering £2.500 worth of macbook pro would be a pretty stupid idea too. A core 2 duo setup with an 8800 GTS goes for under £1000 and its more than ready for games that arent even out yet.
    Ahem, a MacBook Pro IS a Core 2 Due setup.

The reason I specifically said "MacBook Pro" is that it's portable and has enough power for gaming and can run OSX and Windoze, all with more style than any other computer bar none. No other device has that blend of abilities. I'm not interested in desktop computers because for me they're too impractical (I shouldn't have to go to a specific place to use my computer).

IMHO this isnt an argument about which platform is better. It goes without saying that the PC is more capable than anything because there is no limit to it. Other than that of console-exclusive games, which also works for PC exclusive games.

There are 2 types of gamers in this thread, ones who claim to have a life and ones who enjoy customizing their own gaming machines and consider it a hobby.
    The whole point I was trying to make has clearly sailed waaaay over your head. There's nothing wrong with customizing PCs, playing consoles etc. but what we object to is people banging on and on about how an OC'd whatever rules the world. In other words, I'm not saying that the act of gaming in any form leaves anyone with no life, but that spending the whole time banging on to people who couldn't give a toss about how your overclocked calculator makes you feel superior does.

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
    I'm not the one that's arguing. That's the very point I'm trying to make. You could spend an eternity arguing "Well I quite like this" and "I don't really like that" about various platforms but it's not going to get you anywhere. As far as games go, the platform is limited by what's out for it, not whether the HDD spins 1000rpm faster.
    When i referred to the 'arguing' i meant the ongoing discussion, not you in particular. But the above is exactly what i said previously, platforms are essentially defined by what games are available for them. In which case PC would win hands down but console super-powers tend to have a tight hold on their headline games which draws the money in for them. But still, although every platform has its strengths and weaknesses when it comes to this, consoles are merely PC's that can only play games that their developers allow it to play. Buying into a console is buying into a franchise which chooses what games you can play. Buying into a PC is buying into the mass selection of games that you can choose from. Even if you do wait 3 years for the last halo game.

Ahem, a MacBook Pro IS a Core 2 Due setup.

The reason I specifically said "MacBook Pro" is that it's portable and has enough power for gaming and can run OSX and Windoze, all with more style than any other computer bar none. No other device has that blend of abilities. I'm not interested in desktop computers because for me they're too impractical (I shouldn't have to go to a specific place to use my computer).
    My point was that you dont need to pay £2.500 for a decent gaming system. Infact you should pay less for a gaming rig that you can build yourself that would out perform a macbook pro. In all sense of the matter, a mac is not the way to go when it comes to games. Especially since the introduction of 'Games For Windows Live'. Even if you can choose to run windows on it, why pay more? Destop computers can only be considered impractical in the sense that mac's are a buy-and-use product. But building your own PC from scratch is more than practical, infact what is more practical than a product that you can customize from the inside out?

Laptops are out of the equation when it comes to gaming anyway. If you're looking at it seriously.

The whole point I was trying to make has clearly sailed waaaay over your head. There's nothing wrong with customizing PCs, playing consoles etc. but what we object to is people banging on and on about how an OC'd whatever rules the world. In other words, I'm not saying that the act of gaming in any form leaves anyone with no life, but that spending the whole time banging on to people who couldn't give a toss about how your overclocked calculator makes you feel superior does.
    Well in my case, i dont OC atall. I havent had the need to since i got my new system, and I definitely don't feel the need to use benchmarks to feel superior over anyone else. I simply spent my money on building my own rig instead of waiting for a PS3. Essentially, I made the right decision, because like i said before. A console is a pc for the living room. Restricted by its developer who tells you what you can and cant do on it. You can go and buy a game on the net using a 360 if you like. But good luck buying from anyone other than Microsoft. And Games For Windows Live can bugger off too. Its service is frankly laughable compared to Valves Steam interface. Shadowrun is perhaps the most rediculous thing i have seen in years. A game that costs you £40 that looks mediocre yet has high system requirements, and claims that you can play against 360 users but doesnt notify you as to who is using a PC and who is using a 360. Microsoft can try and incorporate its Iron Fist on the console market onto PC users but frankly we're too happy doing what we want. I would never spend my hard earned money on a box that restricts me. And a pc is everything but that.

As a side question: How much would a PC capable of running Crysis cost (Including screen, keyboard& mouse, speakers)?

running crysis? well.. that depends. Crysis' engine cryengine2 has been optimized to adapt to both dx9 & dx10 machines, of both low and high performance. So basically it will adapt to out-dated machines, and also make the most of the top of the range pc's.

So it depends..

running crysis? well.. that depends. Crysis' engine cryengine2 has been optimized to adapt to both dx9 & dx10 machines, of both low and high performance. So basically it will adapt to out-dated machines, and also make the most of the top of the range pc's.

So it depends..
    Well say you built a machine using the minumum specs (cheapest case scenario)?

Rik, I don't quite know where you get the idea that console gamers are restricted as to what they can play because there's a massive back-catalogue of games that I can go and pick-up for next to nothing. If anything, PC gamers are far more restricted - there are perhaps a dozen games that I can't play that I'd want to on my consoles, yet if I just had a PC there would be multiples of that amount I'd not be able to enjoy.

My point was that you dont need to pay £2.500 for a decent gaming system. Infact you should pay less for a gaming rig that you can build yourself that would out perform a macbook pro. In all sense of the matter, a mac is not the way to go when it comes to games. Especially since the introduction of 'Games For Windows Live'. Even if you can choose to run windows on it, why pay more? Destop computers can only be considered impractical in the sense that mac's are a buy-and-use product. But building your own PC from scratch is more than practical, infact what is more practical than a product that you can customize from the inside out?

Laptops are out of the equation when it comes to gaming anyway. If you're looking at it seriously.
    What's more practical than a desktop PC is a portable computer that can run EVERYTHING - I.E. A MacBook Pro or similar (which is the only reason I suggested it). Macs are no longer "Buy and use" products anyway - you're living in the stoneage with your head buried in the sand.

Thread Information