Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: [PC] Crysis

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    If you want multiplayer fun, get a Wii.

If you want hardcore online gaming, go PC.

Anything else IMHO is just not worth the money
    Screw the Wii, that thing was fun for two weeks, and then Wii Sports is just boring. N64 + Mario Kart = win.

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
    Yeah, the main reason I don't game on PCs / Macs themselves is the massive intial set-up costs and the cost of upgrading every five minutes - then there's compatibility and all manner of other headaches. Consoles are just easier and one thing they mostly have over computers is superior ergonomics.
    If you insist on being at the frontline of modern gaming technology, which some do, it can cost alot to upgrade your pc. But I have only ever upgraded my pc 3 times. I got a dell in 2000, I built my first gaming pc in 2003, and I recently built myself a high-end gaming pc last year. Considering I always share certain components that dont need replacing. I dont have to spend that much. When i first upgrade the system its at the frontline of gaming technlogy, gaming wise, and then bit by bit it becomes mainstream and will be in need of upgrading in years to come. But that is exactly the same with consoles almost, but you lose out on the modern gaming technlogy after a year or so of it being released.

Speaking of ergonomics. Everyone has a PC. Theres nothing more ergonomical than having a modern gaming system inside your pc that does everything a console does. But i do regard your point, the consoles simplicity is its selling point. It doesnt need a computer expert to handle. But once you get past that purchasing it is harder to justify.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    Screw the Wii, that thing was fun for two weeks, and then Wii Sports is just boring. N64 + Mario Kart = win.
    Correct, but I meant for new consoles.

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    You get what you paid for can be said for anything. Does a Maybach 62 have a lot more stuff than a 5 year old Camry? Hell yeah. Does it cost a bajillion bucks more? Hell yeah.

I don't need a high-end gaming pc to play games with 14 year old Asian boys and overgrown slobs when I'm perfectly content with the 360 and occasional Warcraft III gaming.

''With this new $10,400.99 video card you gain 2 fps and can actually see an extra 2 bricks on that wall in counterstrike!! Don't let your gaming suffer again!"
    Well then there you go, if you don't need it, then don't bother arguing. I don't see a point of complaining about somebody who drives a Maybach because you like your Camry more. And the thing is, I don't need Mercedes to build it for me, I built it with my bare hands and I find it very rewarding.

And does it have to be Asians and overgrown slobs? You could've just said something like "kids". It's racism, but I have nothing to say if that moderator status of yours means immunity from any infractions.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap View Post
    And does it have to be Asians and overgrown slobs? You could've just said something like "kids". It's racism, but I have nothing to say if that moderator status of yours means immunity from any infractions.
    Don't get us started with racism here. You really don't want to.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Took that one to heart huh? BTW, calling someone a 14 year old Asian is not racist. Perhaps you're looking too deep into what I'm saying..

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    That's probably because you're buying a part for a computer, and it's intended to be replaced/removed, whilst the CPU of the X360 is supposed to stay there. Also, you know as well as I do that the CPUs used in console are not made to be overclocked in anyway, and shouldn't be, which is not the case of computers. Also, I never heard somebody say "ZOMG I'll 0v3rcL0cK my X360 y0!1!1!!" when they went to purchase it. They're both CPU I agree, but you compare oranges with apples anyway.
    The point of overclocking is to get the most outta the money. Core 2 Extreme X6800 looks nice, dual-core, has 4MB L2 cache, and runs 2.93Ghz. But then there's the E6600, same everything except it runs 2.4Ghz. Well then I thought, I know how to overclock, so why should I pay 4x the money for the X6800? If you have to compare, the X360's CPU is an orange already picked from the tree, thus it cannot grow anymore, while the PC orange is still on the tree and will grow at the press of a few keys.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Took that one to heart huh? BTW, calling someone a 14 year old Asian is not racist. Perhaps you're looking too deep into what I'm saying..
    But you implied that the majority of PC gamers are of these two groups, solely based on your opinion. Why not the Whites? As far as I know, Cotterik was banned for a week for a borderline case, but what you're saying seemed more than just borderline. I'm not taking this deeply myself, but I'm just saying that it sounded just like what it's called a racial comment. I guess moderators are allowed to bypass the rules these days.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

The point of overclocking is to get the most outta the money. Core 2 Extreme X6800 looks nice, dual-core, has 4MB L2 cache, and runs 2.93Ghz. But then there's the E6600, same everything except it runs 2.4Ghz. Well then I thought, I know how to overclock, so why should I pay 4x the money for the X6800? If you have to compare, the X360's CPU is an orange already picked from the tree, thus it cannot grow anymore, while the PC orange is still on the tree and will grow at the press of a few keys.
    I know all of this CPU crap, and I know how to overclock. I've done it often. And the orange already picked is the whole point of buying a console: you know that the game you'll buy in say, 2009, will work when you'll put it in your X360 disc tray while I wouldn't bet that for your cherished PC.

For the record I ran a Northwood Celeron for years at 3GHz from 2.5GHz on air and at stock voltage without any problems. And yes I know what the Northwood Dying Syndrome is before you tell me.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    David says:
    that's what she said

I know all of this CPU crap, and I know how to overclock. I've done it often. And the orange already picked is the whole point of buying a console: you know that the game you'll buy in say, 2009, will work when you'll put it in your X360 disc tray while I wouldn't bet that for your cherished PC.

For the record I ran a Northwood Celeron for years at 3GHz from 2.5GHz on air and at stock voltage without any problems. And yes I know what the Northwood Dying Syndrome is before you tell me.
    I picked the orange at 3.6Ghz. And games from 2009 would work, it would still be of better image quality than the X360 since both has not changed. It would be cherished against other PCs, but not against an old console.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

true all that. but in 2009 games will be 2 years ahead of crysis. that is f*cking scary to imagine. its also scary to imagine that the 360 cannot play crysis, ahead of all the years it plans to remain at the 'peak of next gen gaming'

Xbox 360>Crysis.

/thread.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

how on earth did you jump to that conclusion?

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    Xbox 360>Crysis.

/thread.
    I second that. Before leaving the thread I'd like to sing a farewell song:

C:\DOS C:\DOS\RUN RUN\DOS\RUN
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    David says:
    that's what she said

But you implied that the majority of PC gamers are of these two groups, solely based on your opinion. Why not the Whites? As far as I know, Cotterik was banned for a week for a borderline case, but what you're saying seemed more than just borderline. I'm not taking this deeply myself, but I'm just saying that it sounded just like what it's called a racial comment. I guess moderators are allowed to bypass the rules these days.
    Ugh.

How is saying '14 year old Asian' racist in ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM?!? That's like saying "His mother is 42 years old" is a racist statement.

Thread Information