Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I got my Wii! ...It's broken. :(

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    Gameplay is 50% of what makes a game great. At least.
    For me it is 100%

Take chess for example, no fancy graphics of any type, amazing gameplay given the right opponent.

Or street fighter, who could forget that one.
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Quote Originally Posted by blingbling
    For me it is 100%

Take chess for example, no fancy graphics of any type, amazing gameplay given the right opponent.

Or street fighter, who could forget that one.
    WTF? Didn't you disagree with Exige?

i heard on g4tv last night that alot of wii's are bricking from the firmware updates...i was gonna post that in a new thread and then i saw this one

im glad i didnt buy one yet...ill wait till all the bugs are worked out
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

I played PS3 yesterday.... and now I have to get one. I simply won't settle for anything else after playing with that beast, absolutely amazing.

Yeah, the wii's graphics aren't fantastic, but it is fun as hell.

My Mom (who previous video gaming adventures didn't go any farther then the snood... demo) was jumping in and having a blast with it right away. Nintedo definitely got the whole appealing to non-gamers thing right, anyone can play this.

It gives you a workout for sure, especially if you are playing a fast paced game (or anything that involves shaking the controller). You'll probably be jumping around the room playing wii tennis or boxing, and it sure beats going to the gym.

Nintendo says 3-5 days to ship me a new Wii, so I should have a (non-broken) wii connected to teh intrawebs by the end of this week. Yay.

Has anyone gotten a PS3 yet? And if so, how does it hold up outside of the demo stand?

P.S. Wii=Great party toy. People look absolutely hilarious playing one.
    Last edited by carlover; 11-26-2006 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    I played PS3 yesterday.... and now I have to get one. I simply won't settle for anything else after playing with that beast, absolutely amazing.
    zomg fanboi!!11!1
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    zomg fanboi!!11!1
    he loves teh japanese companies
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    I haven't played one yet, but I have seen some guys play it at the best buy in East Brunswick.. I'll admit, it does look quite good. But, I talked to the guy that works there and he said the PS3 continually freezes/crashes after 3-4 hours of gameplay, and that some of the features are still f'ed.

What it comes down to is choice in games. The PS3 and se-X-Box 360 will/do look practically identical on your average tv, unless you're running a 10,000 home-theatre set-up. As of right now, buying the PS3 is unjustified in my book, but I'll probably pick it up next fall or something, once all the bugs/kinks are smoothed out and the price drops about a 100 bucks.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    I haven't played one yet, but I have seen some guys play it at the best buy in East Brunswick.. I'll admit, it does look quite good. But, I talked to the guy that works there and he said the PS3 continually freezes/crashes after 3-4 hours of gameplay, and that some of the features are still f'ed.

What it comes down to is choice in games. The PS3 and se-X-Box 360 will/do look practically identical on your average tv, unless you're running a 10,000 home-theatre set-up. As of right now, buying the PS3 is unjustified in my book, but I'll probably pick it up next fall or something, once all the bugs/kinks are smoothed out and the price drops about a 100 bucks.
    Lol they probably had a faulty PS3, me and my bro were playing ours for hours and nothing weird happened.

As you said, graphics are pretty much the same, but when my bro played Test Drive on his X360 before he returned it, it was stuttering at times. PS3 has motion sensor too, which makes games like Ridge Racer much more interesting.

And feel free to get the cheaper 20Gb version, the HDD can be swapped with specified HDDs you use in your PC. I heard the most space for that type of HDDs is about 160Gb.

Oh and please, don't buy Resistance, it isn't as good as you think, CoD3 makes a better shooter game.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan
    Somebody did that at a store I was at last weekend
    WHY?!

Quote Originally Posted by El Toro Furioso
    WHY?!
    Probably because you have to do all kinds of weird movements with the Wiimote. Imagine playing tennis on the Wii and accidentally letting go of the remote...say goodbye to your TV screen
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella

The demos have been overheating because they lock the console in that little metal box with no airflow across it. PS3 is absolutely justified if you're in the market for a Blu Ray player. The lowest I've seen one for was a Samsung for $800 on sale from a grand. That, coupled with the 360 HDDVD add-on being $200, makes the PS3 worth the $600 price tag to me. And all of that is with the future games aside. GT5 + GTA4 ftw!
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

I think I'm gonna wait a couple years, when I'm out of grad school and making the big money, then I'm gonna buy all three consoles and a huge tv and spend my weekends locked up in my apartment. The nice thing about being a bachelor just out of college is that I'm still living like a student, and the only things I'll be spending money on are food and beer
    Signature? We don't need no steenking signature

Quote Originally Posted by Sackalack GT
    The nice thing about being a bachelor just out of college is that I'm still living like a student, and the only things I'll be spending money on are food and beer
    I respect you. +1
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Hey can you post pics of the system I want to get a feel for it in house style. Yea there are pictures on the internet but maybe you could take one with the system lay out and a game on. If not thats fine.

Thread Information