Thread: The CHP 11-99 Foundation

The CHP 11-99 Foundation

Hey, I was wondering if anybody on this site is a member? If so, I'm curious to hear some details about application/ how it works... Obviously this applies to California residents only. For those who aren't sure, the 11-99 Foundation is a charity organization established by California Highway Patrol. You pay I believe $1800 to join (right?), and the money goes to the families of wounded or killed officers. BUT HERE'S THE CATCH: you never get another speeding or parking ticket the rest of your life. Only warnings. You carry a special batch and license plate frame to signify your membership. Anyways, does anyone on here belong to it? And what do you guys think of this, some say you're just "buying cops."
    Last edited by TVRs4eva; 12-09-2006 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TVRs4eva
    Hey, I was wondering if anybody on this site is a member? If so, I'm curious to hear some details about application/ how it works... Obviously this applies to California residents only. For those who aren't sure, the 11-99 Foundation is a charity organization established by California Highway Patrol. You pay I believe $1800 to join (right?), and the money goes to the families of wounded or killed officers. BUT HERE'S THE CATCH: you never get another speeding or parking ticket the rest of your life. Only warnings. You carry a special batch and license plate frame to signify your membership. Anyways, does anyone on here belong to it? And what do you guys think of this, some say you're just "buying cops."
    Whoa, that's awesome. But then you have to wonder, will I get $1800 in parking tickets/speeding tickets for the rest of my life?
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Whoa, that's awesome. But then you have to wonder, will I get $1800 in parking tickets/speeding tickets for the rest of my life?
    When you don't have to worry about them anymore? Yes, especially in the xbonne.

$1,800 for piece of mind?

Done and Done.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

You pay I believe $1800 to join (right?), and the money goes to the families of wounded or killed officers. BUT HERE'S THE CATCH: you never get another speeding or parking ticket the rest of your life. Only warnings.
    Are they allowed to do that?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Possibly - up to a certain amount over the speed limit i'd suggest.

If you lead them on a Televised chase you can't just point to your number plate and they'll back off, surely.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Didn't study the links yet. But on the face of it, if our local cops tried similar they'd (hopefully) be charged with extortion. I'm amazed to hear that it's legal for CA cops to legitimately excuse future criminal behavior - if & because they've previously elicited what appears to be 'protection' money from an elite group of cashed-up transgressors

Bizzare!

11-99 Foundation

I am courious as well. Whether it is buying cops or not I would be willing to pay $1,800 and get the plate for my car. I just want to confirm that by giving the CHP the money you truly get the plate frame. Have you gotten any confirmation on your email from anyone that knows for sure?

It's basically the equivalent of PA's and NJ's Fraternal Order of Police stickers. If you have one on your car, you typically get some leniency. A friend from high school's dad had one. He was on his way home from work late one night on the Jersey turnpike, and got caught doing 125mph. He got a verbal warning.

It's not like that $1800 goes into the pockets of the cops. In most cases it's used to buy equipment that otherwise wouldn't be able to be purchased.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Thread Information