Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Clarkson:The good, the bad, and the down right liers...

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    I know, your pulling a "clarkson", but like clarkson you most likley actually believe what you spitting out to be the truth.
    we can shake hands in this respect....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    I don't think for a moment that he is making a "mistake" when he implies it is the V8.

The man has been in automotive journalism, to varying degrees of seriousness/silliness for a considerable time - to think he couldn't work out what engine was powering the car he is in is a bit far fetched.

For whatever reason - the car they ended up with for filming was a V6, but that doesn't matter.

It also wouldn't matter if it had been the Stig in the Shelby GT500 version - it'd still have lost to the horse - that is the whole point of the "feature".

It is illustrating a point figuratively.

Obviously, some people think this is a literal, serious, scientifically conducted study into "which is faster". These people are wrong, and watching them get all uppety and outraged is damned funny.

Clarkson is British - he writes for and presents to a British audience who can (most of the time, the UK isn't totally devoid of idiots...) detect and understand the subtleties of what is going on. Quite a lot of people who aren't British manage to understand this too.

Sometimes though, some people force themselves to see only what they want to see in a situation, due to their own ingrained prejudices.
    The problem is, only a minority of the people can see it as a joke, so might as well explain to the majority that they shouldn't be screaming even if it's a mistake. It's funny I know, but it doesn't hurt to slap them in their faces telling them to wake up (or shut up).
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

52.5/47.5*
    Looked it up, came out in 1997 for the explorer, it is new to the Mustang though.
    ok thanks for the data.
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    The problem is, only a minority of the people can see it as a joke, so might as well explain to the majority that they shouldn't be screaming even if it's a mistake. It's funny I know, but it doesn't hurt to slap them in their faces telling them to wake up (or shut up).
    I think nearly all the people who buy this DVD can expect JC to keep spinning so called tricky cars (cos he cant drive em) and take the mick out of anything he doesnt really like (he will twist things to his favour and cheat). They will get the jokes and see these worth getting the DVD for!

sarcastic humour and britain go together like 2 peas in a pod. I love blackadder (comedy series) for this very reason. Part of the fun of Clarkson (and his fame) is the path of upset people he leaves behind whenever he opens his mouth (and its happeing again here). Can you expect a guy who calls bus drivers little hitlers and lives in a lighthouse on the isle of man to do things scientifically? Are there any other unfair races in this DVD?..yes!
    autozine.org

That is some bad driving, I believe it understeers but c'mon he is trying to power slide in a car that isn't really meant to power slide like that. And he never says its a GT he only references the V-8 that you can obviously hear that it does not have.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    He knows what he likes and he says it, all you have to do is not take him seriously and he's hilarious.
    Exactly. He's the kind of guy you become friends with and after a few years you realize all you do is meet at the pub, make fun of each other and give each other $hit, but you just keep hanging out with each other.

I love the way Clarkson depicts Malaysia as a jungle clearing country with people riding Oxs to work. I find it hilarious in the way that he deliberately magnifying something, in some way repeating it over a course of time, so that it seem 'TRUE'. All in all, he is funny.

Oh, and only Islamic extremists would launch a rally of protest against some comics ..... ain't it funny?

Difference is, those were actually funny, calling a V6 Mustang a GT is, well, not.
    No, but your reaction, is friggin hilarious

this weeks autocar (UK) magazine has an interesting article about the Kia Cee'd, its quite good apparently because its intended to compete with european cars directly. so how do they do this? - see the picture below. Are Kia are identifying the things that JC talks about in the mentioned DVD?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jediali; 12-11-2006 at 07:29 AM.
    autozine.org

Go to read that Europeans are keener drivers and concentrate more. Long live Korean market research...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Go to read that Europeans are keener drivers and concentrate more. Long live Korean market research...
    hence the ??s in my post
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by jediali
    hence the ??s in my post
    well having done some motoring in the USA myself, it is not difficult to find out the differences...and my findings concur with the Koreans

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    No, but your reaction, is friggin hilarious
    That's what I was going to say- he seems to take it personally, like he invented every single American car ever made

"GUYZZZ! STOP PRESS!! SOMEONE ELSE HAS HATED ON MY BABIEZZZZ!! OMG ROFL LAWL KILL THEM ALL!! IT'S NOT A JOKE!!"

@ Slicks- lighten up. Who gives a shit? As ScionDriver said, he didn't mention that it was the GT- just that it had a V8. It may well have been a simple slip of the tongue...

Stop taking everything so personally. The world is not against you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson's Mustang road test (Times Online)
    The Mustang, then, is a great car in America.

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    That's what I was going to say- he seems to take it personally, like he invented every single American car ever made

"GUYZZZ! STOP PRESS!! SOMEONE ELSE HAS HATED ON MY BABIEZZZZ!! OMG ROFL LAWL KILL THEM ALL!! IT'S NOT A JOKE!!"

@ Slicks- lighten up. Who gives a shit? As ScionDriver said, he didn't mention that it was the GT- just that it had a V8. It may well have been a simple slip of the tongue...

thats a thread summarising post. so no more winging
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6

Exactly, like I said the RS4 had a 4.2liter V6 the otherday without realising until my uncle said I thought it was a V8 and I said realised my mistake.
    IT'S EASILY DONE!
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Thread Information