Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Clarkson:The good, the bad, and the down right liers...

but ... when i start to imagine this:

Some bloke from the show "BMW Rules" pitch an Audi A4 2.0FSi against a BMW 325 and says :"I couldn't believe an RS4 is slower than a BMW 325!!"

I might be pissed as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt
    but ... when i start to imagine this:

Some bloke from the show "BMW Rules" pitch an Audi A4 2.0FSi against a BMW 325 and says :"I couldn't believe an RS4 is slower than a BMW 325!!"

I might be pissed as well.
    Look, it is unlikely anyway that a horse will win, even against a V6......so why bother in this case. This was a TV show, not a serious documentary...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Look, it is unlikely anyway that a horse will win, even against a V6......so why bother in this case. This was a TV show, not a serious documentary...
    Exactly! Pieter's got it
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Go to read that Europeans are keener drivers and concentrate more. Long live Korean market research...
    Despite that excellent market research I still doubt they'll sell many of them...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

apparently the Cee'd is way better tha previous Kias
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    No, but your reaction, is friggin hilarious
    Like you eurofanboy's reaction to facts?

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    That's what I was going to say- he seems to take it personally, like he invented every single American car ever made

"GUYZZZ! STOP PRESS!! SOMEONE ELSE HAS HATED ON MY BABIEZZZZ!! OMG ROFL LAWL KILL THEM ALL!! IT'S NOT A JOKE!!"

@ Slicks- lighten up. Who gives a shit? As ScionDriver said, he didn't mention that it was the GT- just that it had a V8. It may well have been a simple slip of the tongue...

Stop taking everything so personally. The world is not against you.
    I dont take it personally, its just annoying as hell because now in a few weeks little eurofanboy newbies are going to be saying "ZOMG MUSTANG CANNOT HANDLE OR BEAT A HORSE CUZ JC SAID SO, I SAW IT WIT MY OWN EYEZ OMG!!!!!1111"
    And for the last time a 4.6L V8 Mustang = GT, you cannot get the 4.6L V8 without the "GT" package, so in calling it a V8, hes saying its a GT.
    Dont kid yourself, its not a "simple slip of the tounge", hes an automotive journalist and has been for a long time, and its not the like the show is live, if it was trully a mistake they could reshoot it. Hes just being a "clarkson", in the same way that a redneck will tell n*gger jokes that arnt funny, but other rednecks will laugh because they hate n*ggers.

My post above explains what bothers me. 90% of the people who watch the show take it seriously, like its a bible and can tell no wrong. This forum is a perfect example of that, I dont know how many times Ive read someone quoting clarkson with all seriousness.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    "ZOMG MUSTANG CANNOT HANDLE OR BEAT A HORSE CUZ JC SAID SO, I SAW IT WIT MY OWN EYEZ OMG!!!!!1111"
    jings! i wont be saying that. anyways i dont think we would be that bothered to diss the mustang, its an icon. Here in Britain we have lost our car industry, the germans are an*l about theirs, the french cars are always runners up, italians cars are highly strung and break down, so what can europeans claim that is better.
    autozine.org

My post above explains what bothers me. 90% of the people who watch the show take it seriously, like its a bible and can tell no wrong. This forum is a perfect example of that, I dont know how many times Ive read someone quoting clarkson with all seriousness.
    Those 90% people are noobs and have to go to bed at 9pm after TG finishes. and anyone ive heard who quotes JC has done it in a informal inserious sense! can you give us examples.
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by jediali
    Those 90% people are noobs and have to go to bed at 9pm after TG finishes. and anyone ive heard who quotes JC has done it in a informal inserious sense! can you give us examples.
    Perfect example:
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...4&postcount=50

thnx: however i would not be worried what a 17 year old, who claims he is a clio cup driver, says
    autozine.org

quoting somebody from North America
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I dont take it personally, its just annoying as hell because now in a few weeks little eurofanboy newbies are going to be saying "ZOMG MUSTANG CANNOT HANDLE OR BEAT A HORSE CUZ JC SAID SO, I SAW IT WIT MY OWN EYEZ OMG!!!!!1111"
    And for the last time a 4.6L V8 Mustang = GT, you cannot get the 4.6L V8 without the "GT" package, so in calling it a V8, hes saying its a GT.
    Dont kid yourself, its not a "simple slip of the tounge", hes an automotive journalist and has been for a long time, and its not the like the show is live, if it was trully a mistake they could reshoot it. Hes just being a "clarkson", in the same way that a redneck will tell n*gger jokes that arnt funny, but other rednecks will laugh because they hate n*ggers.
    Get over it. If you like it that's fine. If someone doesn't like that's fine as well. Everyone in entitled to his/her opinion, and not for that reason you have to change yours or be angry with them if it's not the same.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

You really don't understand the idea of Top Gear do you? It's fun then factual. It's biased.
    It's like saying that Fox News should go to hell for biased news coverage and that the anchors shouldn't be doing this because they are professionals.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Thread Information