Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vauxhall Nova

Vauxhall Nova

Is it a modding classic or a rubbish scallymobile? Discuss. I'm sittin on the fence for this one. Don't want guys in burberry caps and stripy jumpers brickin my house...........

they are literally a pile of shit used by scallies that think they are 'special' i wouldnt be seen dead in one
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Now what can I say about the Nova.

It is slow, ugly, useless etc.

Basically, the car is a nightmare to drive, be inside, see drive past.

There is only one word to describe the Vauxhall Nova: SHIT!

Quote Originally Posted by RS6
    Now what can I say about the Nova.

It is slow, ugly, useless etc.

Basically, the car is a nightmare to drive, be inside, see drive past.

There is only one word to describe the Vauxhall Nova: SHIT!
    ROFL , i dont know the car, but it must be a really bad one.

im not looking to be shot down in flames here but i must say i do like the square looks of a nova i know they are so so slow and the most of englands pikies/scalies/neds and complete twats drive them but i think they are ok if done up the right way

this is my mates one> he has got it pushing 110bhp being a 1.4

www.britishmods.co.uk

Haha!!! Great topic that man!

I personally hate the things purely for their chav-tastic image. But I've never driven one, so I think it would be really unfair to dismiss it as a crappy car. I've driven a few Corsas, the model that succeeded the Nova. Didn't think much to it. Three cyclinder engine my arse!

I've heard of people putting tuned Calibra Turbo engines in Novas. Chavmobile or no, 220bhp in something that small and light has got to be scary.

Quote Originally Posted by VtecMini
    Three cyclinder engine my arse!
    where did that come from ?
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

SupaNova!!!!!!!! lol
    There is 3 people on a boat with loads of children running around it, the 3 people are: 1. Bob geldof, 2. Ozzy Osbourne, and 3. Micheal jackson, they're sailing out for the G8 live aid, they've hit a rock and they're sinking, bob says: "save the children!" ozzy says: "Fuc the children!"

Micheal says "have we got time?"

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang
    where did that come from ?
    It was kinda sposed to say Cylinder. The Corsa I drove has the 1 litre, which only has three cylinders. Just seems kinda wrong.

Having said that, the first Mini plan had it down as a two cylinder, one of which is for sale on ebay apparently. I'm not sure if the story totally checks out, I haven't had the time or inclination to find out, but if it's true then it's an interesting bit of motor memorabilia.

two cylinder Mini engine

That pic you posted Paul had me on the floor laughing. You should tell your mate to stop wasting money on that shit-heap and instead of making a slow car faster (and worth less money) he should by a better car with the money he is spending.

he has done nothing to it apart from a single wiper conversion he bought it like that

and yes he is selling it for a better car he has had enough but i still think that they are not as bad as people say

i think is a hobby that people take up trying to make crappy slow cars to go much faster
    www.britishmods.co.uk

im sorry guys but how narrow minded are the people that use this site ( sorry to insult but you have hit a nerve on this subject)

just because a few chav's/townies/scallie's (whatever you call em near you) decided to stick on half of halfords to their nova's automatically when people now see a nova they try and spot the wiper spoilers and bakebean can exhausts ad neon washer jets, tbh this is a small minority ruining the nova's reputation, and putting the enthusiasts in their shadow's

they are literally a pile of shit used by scallies that think they are 'special'
    /\
    common view of the nova.

It is slow,
    slow??? maybe standard one's but have you ever seen or been a passenger in a nova Xe (2.0l16v) or an nova LET (2.0l 16v turbo)

ugly,
    maybe to some ,as like anyother car this is down to personal preference.

useless etc
    spend about £2000 on a nova and you will have a car that can beat a lot of cars on the dragstrip and cars costing 10 times that amount, and easily keep up with 600cc sports bikes once traction is gained.

as you may have guessed i like the nova and am soon to have two, one as a road car (wide arch kit, alloys leather int ect..) and a project car that i am goin to fit a 6spd g/box and an LET engine into for trackdays and for going up the 'pod

for all those who know little about the nova / corsa a go to
    www.novaload.net

thanks for reading and sorry to offend (if offended)

nath.

p.s if you think there slow please watch this vid of a nova beating a ferrari

http://www.rilot.co.uk/ocuk/360MDvsDDCorsa.avi
    Last edited by 5_door owner; 10-06-2004 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 5_door owner
    im sorry guys but how narrow minded are the people that use this site ( sorry to insult but you have hit a nerve on this subject)

just because a few chav's/townies/scallie's (whatever you call em near you)
    I can understand your frustration, but it's fair to say that MOST of Nova's are in the hands of those kind of folks You and a few I know are the minority and sadly have to put up with the image that majority give you !!

spend about £2000 on a nova and you will have a car that can beat a lot of cars on the dragstrip and cars costing 10 times that amount,
    Not just on the 'strip.
    We had a Nova turn up on a trackday with a Cavalier race engine/box, race suspension and from the outside it looked standard - no big arches or wings for this guy.
    He looked like a slightly lowered stock Nova.
    Well he showed up the Alpine - ON A TWISTY RACE TRACK !!! It was only the slightly better traction out of 2 of the corners that allowed me to SLOWLY real him in !!!!!!
    As 5D says, for a small outlay it can be a car that will take on those worth 10 times more. But it will still look like you stole it and are on a joyride

PS: That vid looks like the 360-guy didnt' know much about drag'n and we don't see HIS launch - but it DID look as if he thought he should line up beside the tree Suspect that he's a noob and the guy in the Nova certainly banged it and knows HIS stuff. That's maybe NOT the car being compared
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 10-07-2004 at 01:32 AM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

hmmmmmmmm seems to have gone a bit quiet here nay seems to have silenced you all there. So the final verdict is most novas are owned by wankers but some can be very special indeed. Anyone going to add anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by phathash
    hmmmmmmmm seems to have gone a bit quiet here nay seems to have silenced you all there. So the final verdict is most novas are owned by wankers but some can be very special indeed. Anyone going to add anything else?
    Sounds like the Enzo and Prius

( and pretty much every other car out there )
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information