Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Maserati...?

New Maserati...?

Found on FLIKR

yuck, i don't like it. the back end is too high, and it looks like they just slapped the face of the quadroporte on some weakly shaped coupe. i wasn't a huge maserati fan to begin with, but c'mon, they can do better than that

It's a mule. Not really a good gauge of what the car may look like. Only things that you can't hide if this is the new chassis is the windshield/A-pillar/roof, wheelbase, and position of the seats.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Looks very weird. Hopefully they will work it all out, I assume they will. Probably the next Coupe?

Looking forward to it!
    I Love PORSCHE GT3!

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    It's a mule. Not really a good gauge of what the car may look like. Only things that you can't hide if this is the new chassis is the windshield/A-pillar/roof, wheelbase, and position of the seats.
    A mule of the suposedly (it's been on and off too many times to say something for certain) forthcoming replacement for the ageing Spyder, which will feature a folding metal roof. By the way those pictures are really old...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

...That link is wrong? Its just a bunch of Ferrari pictures...There is nothing there to do with Maserati.
    ?
    All about the t-tops

Quote Originally Posted by TVR IS KING
    ...That link is wrong? Its just a bunch of Ferrari pictures...There is nothing there to do with Maserati.
    ?
    The black mule is a Maserati. Maseratis are usually tested in Fiorano and Maranello's surroundings.
    Visca Catalunya!

Yes, Motortrend had an article about it. I'm looking forward to it too. For those who hate it already, it hasn't even come out yet. How do you hate it already without even seeing its stats or real looks?

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R
    Yes, Motortrend had an article about it. I'm looking forward to it too. For those who hate it already, it hasn't even come out yet. How do you hate it already without even seeing its stats or real looks?
    Well, being a folding metal roof convertible isn't what I'd call a good sign...
    Visca Catalunya!

Well the new trend is metal roofs, like it or not.

In any case, metal roofs allow the best of both worlds with the problems of a ragtop. What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R
    What's not to like?
    Weight, and lots of it!
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

They're too heavy, for starters. But nobody seems to care much about that anymore. In today's automotive haute-couture, 2,500lb is the new 1,800 lb.
    Manufacturers just wedge a 500 hp engine in their sportscars and figure say 'who give a **** anyway?' as they walk out the door — mission accomplished.

Also, if the metal folding roof mechanism craps out, halfway through its cycle say, the driver and his substantial investment are up shit's creek. I used to drive an old Merc SL (380, 1981) and never felt the slightest bit perturbed I had to raise and latch the roof myself. I could do it a hell of a lot faster than the top-robots could in the 1999 Merc SL 500 (absolutely NOT mine) I drove for a few days over the summer. A manual cloth roof weighs what, around 50 pounds or so? Compare that to the mass of articulated metal and glass and the motors put into service to animate the whole works.

It don't add up, I say. Lazy assholes have ruined it again.

Also, if this was shot anywhere but Fiorano, I'd say we were looking at the next RX-7. There's Mazda DNA in this mule, to this old quail's eyes.

And that bulbous roof make the car look very small, but these days manufacturers have to account for Shaquille O'Neal buying up half their stock, so they make cars that accomodate the world's half-dozen eight foot tall millionair drivers.

Wow. I'm really dripping toad venom today.
    I'm erudite ;-)

Good point.

hopefully it wont have simmilar styling to the 599
    it looks a bit too tall for me, a big and heavy luxury grand tourer not a fast sportscar in my opinion

Thread Information