View Poll Results: What stands a better chance on the Full F1 curcuit?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ferrari 575 HGTC

3 37.50%
  • Ferrari 360CS

5 62.50%

Thread: PGR3 help

PGR3 help

Ok heres the problem, I'm going to challenge my friend in his McLaren Mercedes SLR on the Nurburgring Full F1 circuit on Project Gotham Racing 3. I'm kinda better than he is on these type of tracks, so I plan to use either the Ferrari 360CS or Ferrari 575M HGTC to make it a little more fair . Yes I know they are 1 class lower, but I still think they have some potential. What do you guys reckon stands a better chance? If all hell breaks loose its back to the F430
    I am the Stig

Ferrari Constructors Champions 2007

Well I'd take the 575, your gonna need the top end speed quite alot but mind you through those twist uphill turns won' the CS dominate? I'd proberly just go for the 360 CS..
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

If the game in question was forza motorsport, I would've recommended the 360 CS for the Nuerburgring. Your friend would have to do far heavier braking in the corners with his car, whereas you would flow through them with far more ease. So far, my experiences with PG games are that they're a little more unrealistic, and so I don't know. It probably wouldn't make too much of a difference which one you chose.

I'd take the 575.

Nurberg is a flowing track and as somebody has already said your going to eed to top speed alot more.

What you will lose in the corners you probably won't notice because no of them are really hard corners, like I said, it's a flowing track.
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Quote Originally Posted by RobPorsche
    If the game in question was forza motorsport, I would've recommended the 360 CS for the Nuerburgring. Your friend would have to do far heavier braking in the corners with his car, whereas you would flow through them with far more ease. So far, my experiences with PG games are that they're a little more unrealistic, and so I don't know. It probably wouldn't make too much of a difference which one you chose.
    in a way, though this is PGR3 and in my experience its pretty realistic. Are you sure there won't be too much of a difference? As the Nurburg has pretty tight corners, you might most likely be right about the 360CS or the 575M flowing. My friend in his SLR will probably have to brake earlier than me though, since the SLR is faster than a 360CS or 575M, but his handling is probably not so great and he'll most likely be slamming the brakes at the last minute
    I am the Stig

you need our help to dessimate some friend?

grow some balls, make your own decision.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by carsnut
    My friend in his SLR will probably have to brake earlier than me though, since the SLR is faster than a 360CS or 575M, but his handling is probably not so great and he'll most likely be slamming the brakes at the last minute
    If he's new at the game, then yes. That's what everyone does lol. I stick to my guns and say go with the 360CS. On a track like the Nuerb, speed isn't always your best friend. After your buddy in his clunky SLR gets through those corners after you, you'll be making good time on the straightaways. Even if he does end up gaining on you like crazy in the straightaways, by the time he's close enough for you to worry he'll have a whole new load of corners to slow him down again. I would say your odds are good if you choose the 360 CS. Unless of course your friend has played the game a lot. Then I'm sorry to say that while he's in an SLR, your chances of beating him are slim with either of those Ferraris.

Quote Originally Posted by RobPorsche
    If he's new at the game, then yes. That's what everyone does lol. I stick to my guns and say go with the 360CS. On a track like the Nuerb, speed isn't always your best friend. After your buddy in his clunky SLR gets through those corners after you, you'll be making good time on the straightaways. Even if he does end up gaining on you like crazy in the straightaways, by the time he's close enough for you to worry he'll have a whole new load of corners to slow him down again. I would say your odds are good if you choose the 360 CS. Unless of course your friend has played the game a lot. Then I'm sorry to say that while he's in an SLR, your chances of beating him are slim with either of those Ferraris.
    Luckily in my case he hasn't played many racing games . If he played alot I'd be asking if I should use the F50, F40, or F430 . I guess you have a pretty good point, RobPorsche, but now what I need is a tiebreaker in the next 3 days.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz

ANd not have this conversation!
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz

lol calm down I just want some opinions
    I am the Stig

Thread Information