Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The return of the Federal Assault Weapons Ban?

isn't fox hunting banned in england? they shouldn't worry; they can have our foxes, seeing as they're feral, and shot at every opportunity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks View Post
    Unfortunately, it is also becoming increasingly common for the sound of shots to be heard in city centres, and these usually aren't directed at game birds.
    i've been told this has a lot to do with racial tensions apparently some parts of london are very unsafe, or something
    The Swiss are famed for their extraordinarily high rate of gun ownership, and we aren't talking about hunting either - they have the full on assault rifles (just in case anyone tries to test their neutrality.).
    yes, i find the idea of national service intriguing, although that said the swiss have never really had to call their population to arms, as opposed to say, israel.
    Having said that; I still don't see the need for guns as "self protection", or for "defending your home"; especially automatic rifles.
    if i had to defend my home with a gun i'd be dead before i could get the damn things out of their safe, and rejoin them with their firing mechanisms from the other storage
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    1) you said weapons. you didn't specify knives, firearms, whatever, so since anything down to a ball point pen can be an effective weapon i guess if we stopped all factories producing 'weapons' worldwide industry would effectively grind to a halt.

2) yes. you know, i grab my guns every chance i get to use in a fight... You say guns become easy to use, whereas i doubt you've ever really handled a gun. This is the problem; Europeans have little use for guns, which is fine. However they then tell eevryone else to stop using them. This is like telling people to stop driving supercars because you can do fine with corolla's.
    sure..when it's not your hobby.

3) the vietnamese, the irish, and sudanese all were able to produce home made, single shot firearms to fight their invaders with. it hasn't occurred to you that criminals may continue to do this... hell, the irish made several homemade copies of the sten gun.

3) out o curioisty, how many times have you had a close call in a car or in traffic, and how many times have you had a close call with a gun...
    1) You know what I mean, dont take every single letter literally.
    2) You should make sure you dont need them anyway
    3) Sure criminals wouldn't stop, but atleast you take away a large portion
    4) A dozen of times i guess vs. once

Drakkie, your idea is retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    Drakkie, your idea is retarded.
    he seems to live in some fairy land, where stopping guns will render criminals useless and we can all frolic in the fields of daisy's together while holding hands, basking in the radiance of this glorious new utopia.
    Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    2) You should make sure you dont need them anyway
    what the hell is that supposed to mean? you mean i should find some new sport? i have an idea, why don't you sort of not drive fast cars, because you know, you should make sure you shoudln't need them anyway. Same with bicycles, pfft, they are soooo 18th century.
    Last edited by clutch-monkey; 02-25-2007 at 03:00 AM.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

"look out! he's got a board with a nail pointing out of it!"

Simpsons quotes that relate to the topic FTW.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs View Post
    Let's give every man, woman, and child on the planet a M4 with laser sights and 2 mags duct taped together. Then no one would **** with anyone else. Cause everyone would be packin'.
    He's right, you know. When everyone was armed with rocks we just got on with life... I guess... prison records are a bit sketchy from 384BC backwards!

isn't fox hunting banned in england? they shouldn't worry; they can have our foxes, seeing as they're feral, and shot at every opportunity.
    It is only hunting with hounds that has been banned, you can go out and shoot as many foxes as you like.

i've been told this has a lot to do with racial tensions apparently some parts of london are very unsafe, or something
    Not much to do with racial tensions.

It is more the increasing prevalence of "gang-culture", borrowed from America.

It isn't as if wandering into the wrong part of town will get you shot either, but it is increasingly a problem.

is it true that Paris is now getting real dangerous? I hope not because my sister is about to move there.

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    How much lives would be saved ?

Think about it, when you have guns available to people, it becomes easy to use. In anger one can easily grab their gun instead of using fists/whatever in which case you have a much larger chance to survive

Also not every government does the right things with it, for example the USA and Israel, but it would save quite some home-kills anyway...

How bad one may be(have) EVERYONE has the right of life.
    Guns have been banned in my country, and the death rate of the country by guns which is about half the population and area of carlifonia is almost twice,

not counting death by swords, knives and plain old neck cracking.
    i say that better have a self defence option than live in fear that some pyscho bloke might use a gun for the wrong reason.

P.s.
    By the way what kind of ga(x+1) pansy would suggest something like that, even in america at least. In england which has the strictest gun control, gun crime has actually increased
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict D. LaRosa, November 2002
    What about the experience of other countries? In 1997, just 12 months after a new gun law went into effect in Australia, homicides jumped 3.2 percent, armed robberies 44 percent, and assaults 8.6 percent. In the state of Victoria, homicides went up 300 percent. Before the law was passed, statistics showed a steady decrease in armed robberies with firearms. In 1998, in the state of South Australia, robbery with a firearm increased nearly 60 percent. In 1999, the assault rate in New South Wales rose almost 20 percent.
    Last edited by kigango123; 02-26-2007 at 12:56 PM.
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

Meh they should just ban guns all together and we can all go back to bows and arrows...I'd Pwn.

Archery ftw.

guns dont kill people

people kill people

so lets ban people and we'll be fine
    The Datto will rage again...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra View Post
    guns dont kill people

people kill people

Ok, I'll start banning people right away, who should I start with??

guns dont kill people

people kill people

guns don't kill people..gaping wounds in vital organs and arteries kill people.

lets ban gaping wounds

aren't gaping wounds illegal in most states and territories? much like infections?
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

not here, police are forever stumbling upon caches of illegal weapons that have been smuggled in, and judging by their incompetency imagine what they're not finding
    Harsh call. Most of these I know of are bikie related. And the Police in S.A. have an ongoing operation targeting bikie gangs for anything illegal.

1) you said weapons. you didn't specify knives, firearms, whatever, so since anything down to a ball point pen can be an effective weapon i guess if we stopped all factories producing 'weapons' worldwide industry would effectively grind to a halt.
    They just need to talk to the CEO of McDonalds. Every time they get criticised for what they do they adapt. McPastaNoodles anyone?
    2) yes. you know, i grab my guns every chance i get to use in a fight... You say guns become easy to use, whereas i doubt you've ever really handled a gun. This is the problem; Europeans have little use for guns, which is fine. However they then tell eevryone else to stop using them. This is like telling people to stop driving supercars because you can do fine with corolla's.
    sure..when it's not your hobby.
    Guns may not be easy to handle. That to me is as good a reason not to allow everyone to have one.

The Swiss are famed for their extraordinarily high rate of gun ownership, and we aren't talking about hunting either - they have the full on assault rifles (just in case anyone tries to test their neutrality.).
    The Swiss example is often bandied around ignorantly by gun lovers as a great example. (I am not putting you in this category by the way).
    But a little reading on the matter exposes some points that certain “Trans Atlantic” to quote Basil Fawlty people may not find quite so palatable. Compulsory military service for example. In any case there is a lot more going on in Switzerland that just everyone owning guns.

guns dont kill people

people kill people

Moderator material!
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Thread Information