Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultima vs. whatever you can think of.

haha haha_____________NO

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche View Post
    Im sayin' you should lose the chest wig, gold chain, excessive cologn, and whatever ferrari apparel you more than likely are wearing and quit being a fanboy.
    dude im sicilian i take that personally dork.for your info i have no chesthair i wear a moderate amount of cologne(Ferrari RED or Black,never had yellow),and i do have a few Ferrari polos,hats and a custom made spray-painted thermal(ill post it),yet none of that is for you to comment on because like every one hear i am entitled to an opinion,yet my "opinions" just happen to be fact.
    Ferrari will be WCC. Whoever wins the WDC will be from the Scuderia.........Yet who?

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari prinze View Post
    dude im sicilian i take that personally dork.for your info i have no chesthair
    you must wax lol
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrari prinze View Post
    i wear a moderate amount of cologne(Ferrari RED or Black,never had yellow),and i do have a few Ferrari polos,hats and a custom made spray-painted thermal(ill post it
    LOL
    you do know ferrari makes cars right?
    i mean, if i liked ferrari, i wouldn't be wasting my money on that crap
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    And it isn't road legal so that would render pretty much useless here.

I personally would prefer something more relaxed but fast. So probably an Aston Martin DB9 SP.
    Going by the same 'relaxed but fast' attitude, I'm gonna have to go with the Wiesmann GT. Of course I'm outrageously biased though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    What I cannot for the life of me understand is why a larger company doesn't lay it all down on the line and make a cohesive, reliable unit that shatters all of these kit cars and small company get-ups by doing everything inhouse.
    Well the premise that comes with large companies is large profit. Kit car manufacture is a low-output business. They make a small amount of cars and make a small amount of profit so at the end of the day they're just about covering the cost of the car with a little bit on the side. It costs alot of money to develop a new car, and thus they have to wait a while before they have the equity to fund a new car.

VW were going to make a kit-car style vehicle with the help of Lotus, but it was destined to fail because VW would make a serious loss. A manufacturer has a reputation to live up to, and so every car must be engineered to a certain level of quality ... for a brand like Porsche or even VW to make a rival to the Ultima, you're talking about alot of money, which would make the Ultima rival probably around the range of £200k instead of £70k. The development that went into making the Veyron as fast as it is put more that £70k onto the price-tag of each Veyron for sure. We're talking more about £400k per car, I would guess.

Look at Caparo ... they're making a non-kit car rival and they're just about to cross the £180k mark per unit. However, I suppose you get what you pay for, and if you're looking for something reliable, it's best you stay away from supercars altogether

And for the record, I like the looks of the Ultima, though I'd talk about getting custom moulds done so that I could fit the oval headlights from the earlier Ultima race-cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauc3 View Post
    Going by the same 'relaxed but fast' attitude, I'm gonna have to go with the Wiesmann GT. Of course I'm outrageously biased though.
    And this is one of the points that we have to make. You don't have to pay huge amounts of money and have huge amounts of speed for a car to be fun. The most fun I've ever had was in a 1.6 litre Lotus 7 replica with 120bhp.
    Last edited by :Exige:; 03-04-2007 at 05:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige: View Post
    And this is one of the points that we have to make. You don't have to pay huge amounts of money and have huge amounts of speed for a car to be fun. The most fun I've ever had was in a 1.6 litre Lotus 7 replica with 120bhp.
    Exactly, now unfortunately I haven't had a similar experience in those extremely light sportscars, but I imagine that something such as a 205 GTi would be overall more fun than something like an Ultima 720 GTR thingo. It's about the passion behind the car, how each person feels about the car, not about what the car is technically capable of. Which is why Sicilian-Ferrari-Prinze-973-1-2 or whatever is actually right, for him the FXX rules all. Unfortunately he doesn't seem to bring it across in an appropriate manner. A simple "The FXX would be right for me, I personally would not choose an Ultima over the FXX." would have sufficed rather than "the FXX shits all over this." which is just uncalled for and frankly quite rude in regard to other members.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauc3 View Post
    Exactly, now unfortunately I haven't had a similar experience in those extremely light sportscars, but I imagine that something such as a 205 GTi would be overall more fun than something like an Ultima 720 GTR thingo. It's about the passion behind the car, how each person feels about the car, not about what the car is technically capable of. Which is why Sicilian-Ferrari-Prinze-973-1-2 or whatever is actually right, for him the FXX rules all. Unfortunately he doesn't seem to bring it across in an appropriate manner. A simple "The FXX would be right for me, I personally would not choose an Ultima over the FXX." would have sufficed rather than "the FXX shits all over this." which is just uncalled for and frankly quite rude in regard to other members.
    Well put. I completely agree.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I can't think of any extremely high performance vehicle that can compare to this as far as value goes. No, it not exactly cheap, but for c.90K it's virtually unbeatable. It's what you want it to be, and that, alone, is certainly worth something.

In my opinion, for the little that it's worth, it's a beautiful car. It's very clean, very simple, yet, it's by no means subtle.

Considering that most of the car is to your specification, since, in most cases, you'll be building it yourself, it should suit you perfectly.

The preformance is as outrageous as you want it to be.

0-100mph-0 comparison times

Ultima GTR 9.4secs

Bugatti Veyron 9.9secs

Ferrari Enzo 10.9secs

McLaren F1 LM 11.5secs

Porsche Carrera GT 11.6secs

Pagani Zonda 11.8secs

Porsche 911 Ruf R Turbo 13.1secs

Ferrari F40 13.8secs

Lamborghini Murcielago 13.9secs

Dodge Viper SRT-10 14.6secs

Aston Martin DB9 14.9secs

Honda NSX Type-R 16.2secs

0-60mph comparison times

Ultima GTR 2.6secs

Bugatti Veyron 2.8secs

Ferrari Enzo 3.4secs

McLaren F1 LM 3.2secs

Porsche Carrera GT 3.7secs

Pagani Zonda 3.7secs

Porsche 911 Ruf R Turbo 3.7secs

Ferrari F40 3.8secs

Lamborghini Murcielago 4.0secs

Dodge Viper SRT-10 4.4secs

Aston Martin DB9 5.0secs

Honda NSX Type-R 4.9secs

0-100mph comparison times

Ultima GTR 5.3secs

Bugatti Veyron 5.5secs

Ferrari Enzo 6.7secs

McLaren F1 LM 6.3secs

Porsche Carrera GT 7.4secs

Pagani Zonda 7.5secs

Porsche 911 Ruf R Turbo 8.5secs

Ferrari F40 7.8secs

Lamborghini Murcielago 9.0secs

Dodge Viper SRT-10 9.5secs

Aston Martin DB9 10.2secs

Honda NSX Type-R 11.4secs

100mph-0 braking comparison times
    (not including drivers reaction time)

Ultima GTR 3.6secs

Bugatti Veyron 4.2secs

Ferrari Enzo 4.0secs

McLaren F1 LM 4.6secs

Porsche Carrera GT 4.1secs

Pagani Zonda 4.0secs

Porsche 911 Ruf R Turbo 4.2secs

Ferrari F40 4.7secs

Lamborghini Murcielago 4.4secs

Dodge Viper SRT-10 4.7secs

Aston Martin DB9 4.4secs

Honda NSX Type-R 4.4secs

As far as mid-engined supercars are concerned, for me, a GTR is perfect. Now, that's not to say that there aren't more than a dozen other cars I'd rather have. Without comparing it to things that are particularly dissimilar, I can't think of anything better.
    Last edited by Mr.Tiv; 03-04-2007 at 09:23 AM.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

I think it would be fun to buy/build an Ultima Can-Am, put in the 300hp engine (0-60 in 4 secs is fine for me!) all for around $50k it looks like...
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    you must wax lol

LOL
    you do know ferrari makes cars right?
    i mean, if i liked ferrari, i wouldn't be wasting my money on that crap
    i dont wax, and if i didnt know they are a car manufacturer id tell Matra to shoot me,and my assets arent crap.watch how you come out about people's possesions,and ill spend my money on whatever i want.thank you very much,"monkey"
    Ferrari will be WCC. Whoever wins the WDC will be from the Scuderia.........Yet who?

Ferrari cologne...As far as I remember, none of them actually smell remotely decent. Save your money and buy a decent cologne. I recommend Cerutti 1881 or Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet (for men, obviously)
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaigra View Post
    Save your money and buy a decent cologne. I recommend Cerutti 1881 or Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet (for men, obviously)
    Liar. You wear women's perfume.

I shall never admit it.
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

that was funny

and where is 6speed

Quote Originally Posted by sicilian973-2 View Post
    and where is 6speed
    Dead. I think..

Thread Information