Thread: Crysis Videos from GDC '07

Crysis Videos from GDC '07

There are two new videos over here:

http://www.crysis-online.com/?id=226

***UPDATE***: The GDC 2007 Tech Trailer is now avilable in HD. You can download it here >>

GameVideos.com have posted two new off-screen videos from GDC 2007. Let me start with the GDC trailer. This years GDC trailer focuses on a whole range of CryEngine gaming technologies from the graphics to the animations. I'm personally blown away by this demonstration especially the nuclear explosion at the end. Sometimes you forget your looking at a real-time game engine. All I can say is so much for Alan Wake's twister demonstration.

The second video (on the right) is a lengthy demonstration of the new Sandbox. This is something that many of us have been waiting for. 1UP have posted a little article on these two videos. You may view it here >>
    The sandbox video is pretty interesting from a developers point of view or those interested in the engine. The tech trailer has some new features such as day-night cycle and rope physics. The highlight is probably the end of the video where an explosion shock wave sweeps across the landscape and destroys a building.
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not."

Just downloading them now

EDIT: wow! i love these crysis videos, each one shows more amazing effects. That 'bomb wave' effect is fantastic, blows everything up in its shockwave!.
    Last edited by Cotterik; 03-10-2007 at 09:13 AM.

Thread Information