Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My New Car

Quote Originally Posted by jediali View Post
    yaris is b-segment right? then there are plenty fun rivals..colt czt, C2 vtr, zetec s, etc
    They may be in the same segment, but we're talking about price as well...the cars you're talking about cost in the region of 10-13k...it's not exactly fair to compare those to a Yaris 1.0.

As I said: cheap doesn't necessarily mean nasty, and fun doesn't mean you have to have the top of the range...A basic Fiat Panda is quite fun lol.
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

i see your point, thats why i said zetec s - not st fiesta. I still think todays buyers expect fun character in small cars, kind of like a competitive standard. The Ford Ka is a point in question.
    autozine.org

... And the SportKa raises the game intensely. Just like the Panda 100HP.

Great car. Congrats!!!
    orangeferrari.blog.com

I want a Yaris T-Sport...
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6 View Post
    ... And the SportKa raises the game intensely. Just like the Panda 100HP.
    I personally can't help liking the Citroen C1 1.0i.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

i see your point, thats why i said zetec s - not st fiesta. I still think todays buyers expect fun character in small cars, kind of like a competitive standard. The Ford Ka is a point in question.
    That seems to be a more european view, in my experience japanese cars aren't fun regrdless of size. Mine included.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

Looks like a fun little car.

Have fun with it.
    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    -Rita Mae Brown-

Quote Originally Posted by h00t_h00t View Post
    That seems to be a more european view, in my experience japanese cars aren't fun regrdless of size. Mine included.
    good point. Europeans are too demanding! Still if japanese car companies want to compete here....
    autozine.org

good point. Europeans are too demanding! Still if japanese car companies want to compete here....
    Well that's why we have good cars, don't we?
    Visca Catalunya!

Bring on 2008 + my liscence + Toyota Aygo Sport 1.0VVT-i / Yaris T-Sport...
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

A lot of activity! Thanks for the comments, and yeh, cute isnt exactly what I would like to hear!! Had the thumbs up from a few girl friends, so its all good.

The car (for me) is just awesome. Granted its a 1.0 and Im only 20, so my experience of cars is very limited, but its got enough power for me to have fun and not end up doing anything serious. Handling is really nice, a few new small cars Ive driven seemed to have too much electronic assistance, which takes away from the steering feel - it makes it feel really arcady imo, but this car has really light steering, accurate too. Obviously Im not gonna be creaming cars at the lights, but it has enough to have a fun time when I need to. The most obvious place it lacks is in-gear acceleration. I drove the old shape 1.4diesel Yaris for a few weeks before this, and that engine was superb, although it did take me a couple of days to get used to a diesel, but its a whole different engine and driving character. In this, you can tell its willing to work for you. Brakes have a really good feel to them, and the gear box slots easily without being notchy.

The piece de resistance for me HAS to be the stereo, i just cant describe how good it is imo. Bloody great bass without overpowering. Plus, the built in stereo handles MP3 CD's, what more could I ask for!! 150 odd tracks on one disc, awesome. It also has steering wheel mounted stereo controls.

Other gadgets and tricks are trip computer, AC, electric side mirrors (which, guys, are superb for 'spying' if you catch my drift!!), and rear seats that slide forward/backwards and also tilt.

Managed 47mpg on my first tank, and that was after building a healthy average at the start and then rinsing it! Im quite surprised that it gets to 30mph in first gear....

hope this helps for people who are considering this car, i would thoroughly recommend it. looks good, goes well when needs to but saves on the petrol when your not. excellent car for a young person...
    Last edited by RazaBlade; 03-12-2007 at 03:11 PM.
    Porsche!

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    Bring on 2008 + my liscence + Toyota Aygo Sport 1.0VVT-i / Yaris T-Sport...
    Don't get an aygo sport, all you get is body coloured trim and alloy wheels, so its really not worth it. Infact, don't get either. A Fiat Panda 100hp costs about the same to buy and insure AND its supposed to be more fun.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

Fiat Panda 100HP > every small hatchback (except for the über-Pug).

Quote Originally Posted by h00t_h00t View Post
    Don't get an aygo sport, all you get is body coloured trim and alloy wheels, so its really not worth it. Infact, don't get either. A Fiat Panda 100hp costs about the same to buy and insure AND its supposed to be more fun.
    The Citroen C1 is cheaper than either and more frugal. And with 790kg it'll be fun too.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information