Thread: World IN Red

the non-cognoscenti would call this spam
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    the non-cognoscenti would call this spam
    True but that is some "Magazine".

"New models such as the Ferrari 599 GTB, 575 GTZ, 612 K and GP, as well as the fabulous Ferrari P4/5."

Hard to imagine someone who puts their pants on one leg at a time owning a car that stands out among the company above.

Anyway, I'd never heard of WIR before. It looks awfully slick and creatively shot. How's the writing in it? (I've been disappointed with Doug Nye's style, which I feel is on the same 5th grade reading level as most newspapers though the content he assembles is second to none.)

If it's 5 pounds worth of inspired, agile writing, it'd be worth the price of admission.
    I'm erudite ;-)

Seems like its Ferrrari's version of 'Racing Line' from McLaren. I guess all brands need a magazine.
    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    -Rita Mae Brown-

Wow thats expensive

The articles are very well done and there's a lot of info. The photographs are top notch. It's really more of a book.

Best

Quote Originally Posted by LandQuail View Post
    (I've been disappointed with Doug Nye's style, which I feel is on the same 5th grade reading level as most newspapers though the content he assembles is second to none.)
    he is not on the list of contributors And yes, I am just going through his latest book "Cooper Cars" and it is not one you read from the beginning to the end, but you just dig out the info.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I'm still building my automotive library, and am the kind of person who want my library to be better than everybody else's, including all of yours. Trouble is, my fiance has almost had it with my six-foot tall stack of British car magazines, and after thumbing through Alfred Cosentino's labyrinthian (read: you can't find any sense in it or even conclusively find the last page — but you can't stop nonetheless) Abarth Guide, she said 'you people are all ****ing crazy. I knew it.'

I couldn't find an argument to counter that one without pointing out her ever-growing stack of Modern Bride magazines - a faux pas if ever there was one. Using 'our' money to buy a 70-euro (~$2,300 U.S.D.) yearly tome on Italian sportscars might go over as well, at this time in our lives, as founding The Central Arkansas Center for Promiscuous Women in her name. At any rate, if I paid the same premium for my life insurance as I'm forced to cough up for my car insurance, she'd kill me in a second. LOL? Point is: it's not a good time for myself to immerse myself in Expensive Car Addenda World.

I'll have to stick with snapping up automotive books as they wind up on the 50-percent off pile at our local book/music/video dump I'm afraid. All the ones without a Camaro or Harley on the cover invariably do.

It is fun to dream though of the day I'll be able to afford WIR, and maybe ask Bentley to build me some crazy one-off modern interpretation of a Speed Six — a sort of Mr. Toad meets Jenson Button affair. By that time, I'll probably be offered a cloned Bentley Boy to pose alongside it in my garage.

Thread Information