Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: There is good "in people".

There is good "in people".

On Thurday I lost my wallet in a large shopping centre in Adelaide, Australia. Obviously, I was quite upset because I had $300 in my wallet including money to pay rent to my parents.

So, I was watching T.V. on Friday when I received a phone call from Adelaide's Hindley Street Police Station. A police officer with an English accent told me my wallet had been handed into the Police Station. The police have to "tape up" lost items that have been given to them by members of the public. I arrived at the police station and an officer removed the tape from my wallet and gave it to me. I opened the wallet and the $300 was still in the wallet. I thanked the police officers and left the police station

Also, the World Police and Fire Games are being held here, in Adelaide, South Australia. A Finnish police man saw my FujiFilm A700 camera and told me he liked it. He offered me AU$200 for the camera. I sold the camera and bought a new FujiFilm S5600 from a Harvey Norman electronics retailer.

So, there is at least some good in people.
    Last edited by john14; 03-17-2007 at 06:19 AM.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

Quote Originally Posted by john14 View Post
    On Thurday I lost my wallet in a large shopping centre in Adelaide, Australia. Obviously, I was quite upset because I had $300 in my wallet including money to pay rent to my parents.

So, I was watching T.V. on Friday when I received a phone call from Adelaide's Hindley Street Police Station. A police officer with an English accent told me my wallet had been handed into the Police Station. The police have to "tape up" lost items that have been given to them by members of the public. I arrived at the police station and an officer removed the tape from my wallet and gave it to me. I opened the wallet and the $300 was still in the wallet. I thanked the police officers and left the police station

Also, the World Police and Fire Games are being held here, in Adelaide, South Australia. A Finnish police man saw my FujiFilm A700 camera and told me he liked it. He offered me AU$200 for the camera. I sold the camera and bought a new FujiFilm S5600 from a Harvey Norman electronics retailer.

So, there is at least some good in people.
    Well you are quite lucky then ! I have had my wallet stolen once (bag opened with a knife in a busy subway) but never heard a thing of it..

A tip for your new camera, try and not get over ISO 200 because of the noise.

You are very very lucky. I would have taken the $300, personally.

There are definitely some good people around. My wallet fell out of my pocket when I was out on my bike last year. Ten minutes after getting home I recieved a phone call from a guy saying he had found it. Ten minutes later I met him at a nearby pub and had it back in my hands with everything intact. He'd even taken the time to pick up all the change that had come spilling out all over the road.

Just the other week my girlfriend lost her phone on a train. About five days later she got a call from a mystery guy. Apparently he'd found it on the train but it had taken him all week to find a suitable charger to power it up so he could return it to her. She definitely thought that one had gone for good, it was a really welcome suprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Piacki_117
    Joking, I hope?
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Quote Originally Posted by Piacki_117 View Post
    Unfotunately I have done such a thing myself too. It was 500€ though Long live a bad past...

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
    Joking, I hope?
    Nope. But I would have brought back the wallet all the same, without the $300. I need a new Lacoste polo shirt and an external hard disk for my computer.

So you'd spend someone's hard-earned cash on shitty designer labels? Wow, that's great. I work really hard for my money, and always have between $100-$250USD in my wallet. If someone found it and took the money to buy stupid clothes, then shame on them. Shame on you, too.

I think that I'd give back the wallet, money and all. You never know people's circumstances- just because they have a large amount of money in there doesn't make them rich. It might be a deposit for a car necessary to get to and from work, or paying rent (as John was), or maybe even paying for hospital fees.

It's great to hear that someone did that for you, John- I can only hope that, in the same situation, someone would for me! Then again, they probably wouldn't, as it's the "Bad Mother F***er" wallet from Pulp Fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    Unfotunately I have done such a thing myself too. It was 500€ though Long live a bad past...
    I think it will live a long and healthy life yes.
    As you keep telling about it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by LotusLocost View Post
    I think it will live a long and healthy life yes.
    As you keep telling about it all the time.
    Because I regret it and want others to not make the mistakes I did.

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    Because I regret it and want others to not make the mistakes I did.
    In this situation, you don't encourage other people not to do such a thing.
    You just say that you have stolen 500 euros from someone, and make yourself look like a complete tool for the rest of the forum users.

Quote Originally Posted by LotusLocost View Post
    In this situation, you don't encourage other people not to do such a thing.
    You just say that you have stolen 500 euros from someone, and make yourself look like a complete tool for the rest of the forum users.
    I also wrongly translated a expression I use in Dutch..

John, you're incredibly lucky.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

You are so lucky.

I lost my wallet with 1000yen in Japan at that huge Toyota showroom.

Never got it back and I lost my ID with it.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

People like that are very few and far between now a days, Enjoy it but let this be a lesson to take more care because next time might end in tears.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    You are so lucky.

I lost my wallet with 1000yen in Japan at that huge Toyota showroom.

Never got it back and I lost my ID with it.
    so about 70 dollars australian?
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Thread Information