Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 2007 American LeMans Series

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    Pratt & Miller is the best GT1 team in the world, rivaled only by Prodrive. You are not going to seriously expect a privateer team to challenge them with a three year old car?
    The Maserati might have the edge on the straights, but the extra torque on the Corvettes are going to help them get off corners faster.

In case no one has noticed...Woodhouse Performance has moved their Viper Competition Coupes to GT2 class...a new class for this car...as far as I know the CC has never been in GT2 in any series.

I don't expect them to be competitive with the 430's and RSR's but maybe on some tracks they can apply some pressure after they get more development.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    In case no one has noticed...Woodhouse Performance has moved their Viper Competition Coupes to GT2 class...a new class for this car...as far as I know the CC has never been in GT2 in any series.

I don't expect them to be competitive with the 430's and RSR's but maybe on some tracks they can apply some pressure after they get more development.
    I think Oreca could do a better job developing the GT2 Viper.

Oreca is having enough on their plate taking over the S7R...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

In 2005 a MC12 was run in ALMS, but didn't meet regulations so it couldn't acumulate points. They haven't been run at Sarthe or LMS (to the best of my knolege) for the same reason.

Does anybody know what part of the car doesn't concur the rules, and if the car has been changed to meet regulations?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo.Jenkens View Post
    In 2005 a MC12 was run in ALMS, but didn't meet regulations so it couldn't acumulate points. They haven't been run at Sarthe or LMS (to the best of my knolege) for the same reason.

Does anybody know what part of the car doesn't concur the rules, and if the car has been changed to meet regulations?
    It's too wide.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

I assume its still too wide. Will they still be able to stand on the podium?

Yeah they can run it, but I am not sure if it can score points. The Viper is also not a full GT2 car and it can still run. The ALMS is a little more lenient than the ACO.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

The grids are so small exceptions have to be made. Having the best teams in the world means very little to the fans if there is no one to compete with. Regardless, I am still looking forward to watching Road America this weekend, and attending Petit Le Mans in Oct. I hope some of the European teams come across the pond for Road ATL & Laguna Seca like they did last year.

Maybe you could put in a word with the Spyker Squadron

Doran Racing made it ACO legal, so they are eligible to score points.

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    Great news , hopefully more teams will follow suit & maybe a MC12 at Sarthe within a couple of years.

Hopefully the MC12 will be in the rest of the season as well...thats what I've heard...

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    How? If it was that easy, I am sure Maserati could have done it three years ago.

(Ted Joans)

I can't find anything suggesting it has been ACO approved, however from 06 onwards IMSA has given its approval. So it will be eligible for points, but that really doesn't matter since Corvette racing already has the championship won.

Great news , hopefully more teams will follow suit & maybe a MC12 at Sarthe within a couple of years.
    I don't see an MC12 going to Sarthe. Somehow Doran Racing made in compliant with the rules, but I have no idea how. Possibly just chopped a little bit of the sides, the FIA GT spec MC12 is only 66 millimetres too wide anyway.

Thread Information