Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Twin Turbo BMW M5 v Twin Turbo Holden VE

Quote Originally Posted by nota View Post
    Aussies like me are generally very fond of the English peoples, many of whom have chosen to abandone those infamously cold and gloomy skies of Old Blighty to unite with us under sunny skies in our (mostly) classless society. By classless I mean egalitarian, when compared to that constrictive, dour and oh-so-rigid class structure which apparently still pervades downward throughout English life

However what is guaranteed to arc the ire of true blue Aussies like yours truly is having to put up with hearing certain of the Poms intimate their self-claim to superiority upon us, for example often attempting to Lord it Over us lessor classes via that old and now teddibly tired 'Colonial/Convict' slur. The hallmarks of these various and particular affronts and insults are all too familiar to our ears ..
    _________

To teen-queen Exige:
    I detected such in your initial post; your toffy-Pom inference being that no-one (eg a Sultan, heaven forbid!) of class, discernment or wealth would ever aspire to own a suposedly non-prestige Australian brand like Holden

Well guess what buckaroo? I proved you completely and utterly wrong!

But I didn't do it to "own" you kiddo - you've already accomplished that .. All By Your Self - hoisted by your own petard

I absolutely 'get your point' (as unsavoury a it was) and now address point-by-point this your latest attempt at cultural put-down

(a) As other posters of intellect have already illustrated re your stupid challenge, here is the return challenge:
    How many times have YOU SEEN the person in question? Have you ever? Whether behind the wheel of a car or not ..?

Answer please? (tick tick tick tick tick .. bzzzzttt!!)

(b) Nevertheless this particular Sultan DOES choose to own Holdens (has done for decades, not that you knew beforehand of course) and HAS been seen behind the wheel of a Holden. AND I even posted proof of just such an event. AND in my home town .. so choke on it!

The Sultan of Brunei (perhaps the world's premier automotive collector) is evidently entirely comfortable to be seen driving a Holden. In fact the Malaysian press published pictures in their domestic reportage of his Holden test-drive here in Canberra! You can also find it on the net

(c) No those Monaros were not race cars, they were obviously HSV road cars. So, in your very owned words: (see quote below)

(d) Like those many of more ken and less presumption than thou, we already knew that Brunei royalty has long been a repeat client of the Holden brand, has been for decades. To furnish proof for doubting billy bunters I searched the web and by sheer coincidence my first port of call was to a site (BMW M5board) which claimed to provide a complete listing of the Sultans 2,000-odd vehicles, from which I quoted those Holden models and VIN #s. Btw this marque appears in similar or greater numbers to brands of more superficially 'prestigious' claim, like Audi etc

FWIW in light of your current wheels, I did check for you but no, it appears His Royal Highness does not stoop to own a Micra

And in consideration of your latest smarmy cultural insult .. to whit: by comparison to BMW M5, the Sultan could not possibly deign to own, drive or ever be seen in 'inferior' Australian-made product like Holden (demonstrably a falsehood) .. well guess what you Goose .. here's the very headline from that M5board thread

It seems HE DOESN'T BOTHER TO OWN ANY M5s, NOT ONE ... Hahahaahahaa!!

oh the irony !!! LOL
    I don't know what a triple owned is but that could be a dacks down chocolate bar in the bat cave owned one..

And what shocks me more is he could have very easily if insulted by the cheap holden brand name bought these cars as Chevs or pontiacs after exports.. But no instead he comes to Australia and makes sure he buys the cars here as they are, It's clear the man has a good knowledge of cars and wants them as they were made not rebaged.
    Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6 View Post
    That's amazing. I want that ute. Now. I could deliver guitars in no time flat!
    You might brake some guitars in the back with your drifting.. But imagine pizza delivery
    And BTW me wont to.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden View Post
    You might brake some guitars in the back with your drifting.. But imagine pizza delivery
    And BTW me wont to.
    That's why God invented Styrofoam

And yeah! You'd be there in half a minute.

"Fastest pizza in town... we also deliver to Mars."

That's amazing. I want that ute. Now. I could deliver guitars in no time flat!
    Delivering guitars>delivering tofu.

(Big Initial D reference there...)
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

you'll have to charge an RTT (rear tire tax)
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    you'll have to charge an RTT (rear tire tax)
    I think that might kill my "VAT free!" introductory offer on pizzas...

You will deliver that fast you will only need to work one day a week
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

i agree

i totally agree with what your saying, its not all about power, but i think that they have done a great job with the M5 coverstion as if the stats they gave were true, it seems that this M5 could match the perfrmance of the new twin supercharged F430

Quote Originally Posted by white devil View Post
    810 hp for the m5 this is a lot of power..
    i persnaly dont see the point of it and thats why i always loved the M power over the AMG from mercedes... more power isnt necesarly better

http://www.worldcarfans.com/tuners.c...ncy-motor-cars

so true

once i heard about this beast of an M5 i started to do some research and the outside boby work looked good, but the engine bay and undercarage looked like it w as stuck together with duck tape, as great as 800+bhp out of a M5 is i dobut it will be that reliable from wat the pictures show, they could have atleast painted the tape to match of something, i mean if your going to realease pictures make them good ones.....

.. grabs opportunity to repost this (reaonably OT) turbo Falcon 6cyl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb9Q6ErB8cw

Sorry, but to make a Holden more desirable than a BMW, simply pitching on-par isn't enough. If BMW had an M3, Holden would need something like an M5 pitch next to it in terms of desirability.

Not to say an M5 with Twin Turbo.

From this comparo, forummers who chose Holden are simply bias.
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt View Post
    Or people that can't /don't want to spend $300,000+ BMW...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Sorry, but to make a Holden more desirable than a BMW, simply pitching on-par isn't enough. If BMW had an M3, Holden would need something like an M5 pitch next to it in terms of desirability.

...or people who prefer reliable cars with a proper gearbox that don't look like chris bangle crapped them out.
    in terms of performance there's not much separating them.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

But that simply means you're choosing the BMW just because it's more "desirable" for whatever reason, probably just because it's a BMW, which is a very biased choice. A HSV GTS is much more desirable to me than an M5.

Also, that makes no sense at all. An M5 is no way as "desirable" as an M3, or M3-level car.
    Last edited by 2ndclasscitizen; 04-20-2007 at 05:37 PM.

It's just an example i used. Both brands had a certain gap, that's a fact. When applied to general buyers, those who opted Holden as a more desirable car, is simply 'bias' because it's different general perceived 'desirability' of both brands. Just some simple math will do, if every BMW costs the same as every Holden, would anyone still buy? If some would, will they find it a hard time to explain to the 'general people' ?

i mentioned 'bias' not because of that guy's 'twisted' choice on Holden, but it's the general public's 'twisted' perception on BMW, which on a large scale, majority, will be the norm, accepted as the FACT.

Hence base on desirability alone, if both these modded beasts are of the same price. Which would you choose? Does my stupid theory on general public's twisted perception on BMW's desirability work it's way out now?

Hence comparisons like these, we'd need to pitch a better car from Holden to make it a fair comparison, simply because it's cheaper, less desirable on general terms.

And i'm quite sure people here knew i don't like the M5. Or when i liked A4 or A6, it doesn't mean i like Audi. But some just couldn't get it.
    Last edited by Ingolstadt; 04-20-2007 at 09:07 PM.
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Thread Information