Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Twin Turbo BMW M5 v Twin Turbo Holden VE

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    They shouldve just supercharged it. Put the blower between the cylinder banks and mock up a new intake.
    Certainly would have been easier, I guess theres a wank factor involved when they show there mates with that twin turbo configuration though
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Wasnt there enough just being a BMW?
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by Vaigra View Post
    I hope I'm not the only one confused by this thread.
    Don't worry I am too.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

It's quite simple gents, he wanted to show the expensive, shoddy TT install of the exclusive German car compared to the neat, cheap setup of the common Aussie car.
    Horsepower wins races. Torque pulls trailers.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg <Live cast from the 'Ring.

the way they are mounted>>>no bueno
    Ferrari will be WCC. Whoever wins the WDC will be from the Scuderia.........Yet who?

It's quite simple gents, he wanted to show the expensive, shoddy TT install of the exclusive German car compared to the neat, cheap setup of the common Aussie car.
    German cars good...................American turbo setup and interiors BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the asking price of $350k American for the M5 I think the mods and efforts garbage.

Here is another Aussie after market supplier with far better setups and far cheaper.

APS Vette

APS GTO

Last edited by monaroCountry; 03-21-2007 at 07:41 AM.

810 hp for the m5 this is a lot of power..
    i persnaly dont see the point of it and thats why i always loved the M power over the AMG from mercedes... more power isnt necesarly better

http://www.worldcarfans.com/tuners.c...ncy-motor-cars

Quote Originally Posted by monaroCountry View Post
    German cars good...................American turbo setup and interiors BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the asking price of $350k American for the M5 I think the mods and efforts garbage.
    Jingoism here?

First off, you make no sense. Second, the BMW M5 retails at around $105,000 in America.. in American dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    Jingoism here?

First off, you make no sense. Second, the BMW M5 retails at around $105,000 in America.. in American dollars.
    I think the $350,000 price is for the modified M5. But at that price point why not buy something like Lamborghini Murcielago?
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I think the $350,000 price is for the modified M5. But at that price point why not buy something like Lamborghini Murcielago?
    You can't go down to the shops in a Lambo unless you're going to buy a single cucumber. You can't take more than 1 person with you, unless the 2nd, 3rd and/or 4th person wants to be duct-taped to the exterior. The list goes on, mainly about practicalities.

Would having the turbos further away from the engine reduce the chance of the exhaust fumes backing up and causing turbluence? Also surely being further away from the engine, the turbo will be cooler, and so will the exhaust fumes that drive it. Also on a smaller level, having them seperated to each wheel won't just keep the weight distribution happy, it'll also add a bit of weight onto the rear wheels, helping to get the power down to the road.

I don't think lag is a problem with a car like this because you aren't going to be racing it competitively ... it's a car for Sultans, and it's a bahnstormer. It's more about top-speed and getting there in a comfortable manner using long straight roads (Dubai et (What's left of) de-restricted Autobahn anyone?).

Personally not my cup of tea, and its certainly over-powered. But how nice would it be to be able to say 'I've got an 800bhp saloon? It's quite useless, but not as useless as everyone seems to be making out. And tell me when you see the Sultan of Brunei in a Holden VE please ...

Why are the turbos at the back and wrapped in what looks like bandages?

If that was a prototype muffler, then I would agree but I guess the more turbos the better.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Why are the turbos at the back and wrapped in what looks like bandages?
    Keeps heat in, faster exhaust velocity and keeps temps away from other stuff. Look at the way its been wrapped around, very uneven = bad of longevity, with one section unwrapped and another wrapped.

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige: View Post
    You can't go down to the shops in a Lambo unless you're going to buy a single cucumber. You can't take more than 1 person with you, unless the 2nd, 3rd and/or 4th person wants to be duct-taped to the exterior. The list goes on, mainly about practicalities.
    To go to the shops or do the practical stuff, why do you 810bhp in the first place?

Plus if you can spend $350k in a car you sure have more than one car.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:
    You can't go down to the shops in a Lambo unless you're going to buy a single cucumber.
    Maybe you should drop past your local Lambo dealer some time - the Murci's boot would swallow more shopping than I ever do in one trip, its surprisingly large, coming in at a bit over 1 clutch-monkey.

I rarely go shopping with more than 1 person not sure why you need to have an audience for your removal of cereal from the shelves.
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige: View Post
    And tell me when you see the Sultan of Brunei in a Holden VE please ...
    That's a bad oops on your part to pick the Sultan of Brunei, who likes Holdens enough to own several in his collection (list below). He bought his first one about 20 years ago, iirc, and thinks enough of the brand to ask for a factory helmet & race suit

http://canberra.yourguide.com.au/det...945&y=2005&m=2

HOLDEN

HOL SS KE7981 GHGVNL19UML482951
    HOL CALAIS BQ3796 6H8VSL19XTL878506
    HOL CALAIS BQ3791 6H8VSL19XTL878510
    HOL COMMODORE BQ3785 6H8VSK19H5L831076
    HOL CALAIS BQ3792 6H8VSL19XTL878523
    HOL COMMODORE BQ3790 6H8VSK19HSL837323
    HOL COMMODORE BQ3784 6H8VSK19HSL836790
    HOL COMMODORE BQ7626 6H8VSK19HVL978526
    HOL COMMODORE BQ7625 6H8VSK19HVL978518
    HOL CALAIS BQ7624 6H8VSL19XTL878515