Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Muslim Extremist's strike

Quote Originally Posted by kigango123 View Post
    No words put in their mouth
    Why are you blaming "Muslims" though?

I.e. "Muslim Extremists strike"

O.K., so they claim to be Muslim, but that is only one aspect of their character.

Why not "men", "Africans" (more specifically, "Algerians") or "terrorists"?

If they are male, African (Algerian), Muslim terrorists, any of those would be equally true...

To be honest people who are muslims tend to bind together and separate themselves from christians or just caucasians in general. More often than not, they act angry, suspicious or even patronising towards everyone else. So the fact that they act as an enemy gets them looked upon in that way.

I dont think calling them 'muslims' is something that is anyones fault. Call it racist, or anything you like, but its hard to say 'terrorists, algerians, africans, men who wear turbans' etc when trying to name them in a 'right' way. Its one thing they have in common.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    To be honest people who are muslims tend to bind together and separate themselves from christians or just caucasians in general. More often than not, they act angry, suspicious or even patronising towards everyone else. So the fact that they act as an enemy gets them looked upon in that way.
    That fits the Irish in New York 150 years ago, the English in South Africa, the English in India, the Scots in England
    That's what minorities tend to do in a majority.
    The "label" isn't appropriate when commenting on their homeland or "race" !!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I agree. However, in this case (may be a bit off subject) they act as if they own this country. But the English in South Africa, and the English in India, did own those countries

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks View Post
    Why are you blaming "Muslims" though?

I.e. "Muslim Extremists strike"

O.K., so they claim to be Muslim, but that is only one aspect of their character.

Why not "men", "Africans" (more specifically, "Algerians") or "terrorists"?

If they are male, African (Algerian), Muslim terrorists, any of those would be equally true...
    beacuse that is their key identifying characteristic , i am truly sorry that i can not put a beautiful twist on that truth, but they are muslims, they attacked beacuse of their religion, plain and simple.

I dont think calling them 'muslims' is something that is anyones fault. Call it racist, or anything you like, but its hard to say 'terrorists, algerians, africans, men who wear turbans' etc when trying to name them in a 'right' way. Its one thing they have in common.
    As he said, we are not sure they are all african since they have recently joined up with the middle earstern segment. ok they are almost all male but there had to be female accomplises at one time and your term muslim terrorist is none the less as bad as mine, at least my term separates muslim extremisim element from the main muslim culture.
    Last edited by kigango123; 04-13-2007 at 09:52 AM.
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

I agree. However, in this case (may be a bit off subject) they act as if they own this country. But the English in South Africa, and the English in India, did own those countries
    You do know some hisotry I hope and the tongue was meant to be a smiley to show HUMOUR ?

If not, I see this generation IS doomed to make the mistakes fo those before
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I can't say I act that way at all. I have the same amount of, if not more, caucasian and afro-caribbean friends than I do asian friends. I do agree though, quite lot of the asian community keep themselves to themselves, which isn't helping inter-community relations at all. I was walking with 2 afro-caribbean friends the other day in an area where there has been tension between asians and black people. It was shocking the amount of people were looking at us weirdly. It truly is a shame.
    I know that I'll be making sure my children (one day!) interact with people of all races and not just ones of the same race.
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    You do know some hisotry I hope and the tongue was meant to be a smiley to show HUMOUR ?

If not, I see this generation IS doomed to make the mistakes fo those before
    You know what I mean, in those days most of the world was part of the british empire, hence why its a different situation to this one.

Thread Information