Quote Originally Posted by Fleet 500 View Post
The only way to stop gun deaths is to ban mentally unbalanced people and that's impossible.
Well we got a pretty good attempt at it here. I informed at a shooting range once on how much it'd take to buy a gun legally.

Step 1:

Fill in a form and show your identification in threefold

Step 2:

Have atleast three sessions with a psychologist so he can diagnose you properly.

Step 3:

Then wait atleast 6 months until you may handle a gun. You get a session on a shooting range to practice safety rules. You then have to fill in a (apparently) hard theory exam.

If anyone has doubts about your abilities in any of these steps you have no chance of getting it and cant apply again for 5 years. You have to undergo annual check-ups at the psychologists,if you get it.

Does that help, you think ?

The biggest problem it seems is in the constant atmosphere of fear in the USA especially. The government makes it seem like the threat can come from everywhere and that can make a normal kid go radical !

We have had incidents at schools too. Most recently a non-fatal stabbing. I think we never had a mass shoot-out. For kids/teenagers with their extra hefty emotions it is pretty hard to get a gun if not impossible. Even in the illegal scene a 9mm with 10 bullits costs you atleast 5000 euro.

By the time a gun gets into reach, they have grown up and gotten much more responsible.

Just my 2 Cents. Go ahead and flame me.