Quote Originally Posted by nota View Post
You've got to be kidding .. aren't you?

Explain exactly how an attempt at a mature discussion in an automotive forum (of not just the 'why' but also 'how' this dreadful event was able to occur) makes us somehow 'less respectful' to those grieving families?
By turning it into another "Fleet Vs. Crisis" Gun Control Thread.

What makes you think those very family members will be reading this debate?

Do you think it likely they will check out the list of 'sincere condolences' in UCP?
Thats not the point. the point is that Respect should be shown across the world.

The Anonymity of a Computer forum (where one member is linked to the tragedy) is perhaps a cover for people to investigate avenues that aren't there.

And to push agendas that aren't relevant.

Would you think it a tad more sincere if those dishing up their deeply personal condolences might bother doing it in a form that would actually be received by said grieving families, such as in a letter, and therefore mean something to the bereaved?

Talk is cheap, but so are crocodile tears. You asked a lot of questions in post # 68. I for one am merely attempting to canvass the answers
Canvassing the answers is one thing. but very little has actually be spoken about from the post you refer to.

It questions the motives. not the methods.

I'm sorry if what i'm saying you believe to be insincere or frivolous, but i find no comfort in dissecting the event without proper information or even the facts.

You are right in one respect - talk is cheap. so why are we even talking? we know very little about the issue, and we can do very little to stop it happening again.

And, for the record - i'm deadly serious.

Another serious thread turned into a Fleet Vs. Others argument. stay tuned for a Red Herring feast.