Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Brabus:K8+100 bhp=SV 12 bi turbo

do you guys know the consequences of using a small engine over a big one - ok lets take mercedes benz. they love using huge engines and with tubos or supercharges for that added power - have you all heard of the worlds most unsecessful upercar the JAGUAR XJ 220 - jag wanted to use a v12 but they threw away that idea and they brought in a v6 and they twin turbo charged it ans the v6 has massive loads of reliability problems because the engine was too small for the emmence power of the two turbos especially when you power the car - mercedes benzs all over the world are known for their reliability(but BMW is better though)and thus they need to keep their ullet proof reliability up with the big boys thus they do no want to strain the huge engine and by the way the brabus sl 7.3 is not force inducted its uses the zonda engine which merc themselves created. its fast though and it looks good and by the way why do you all even care if the power and looks are there thats it - people don't really care much about the fuel economy - wheather it drinks like a dipsomaniac or not buyers do not really care - thy are just too rich and besides how often are they going to drive it
    BAZOOKA EXHAUST

Originally posted by motorhead
    do you guys know the consequences of using a small engine over a big one - ok lets take mercedes benz. they love using huge engines and with tubos or supercharges for that added power - have you all heard of the worlds most unsecessful upercar the JAGUAR XJ 220 - jag wanted to use a v12 but they threw away that idea and they brought in a v6 and they twin turbo charged it ans the v6 has massive loads of reliability problems because the engine was too small for the emmence power of the two turbos especially when you power the car - mercedes benzs all over the world are known for their reliability(but BMW is better though)and thus they need to keep their ullet proof reliability up with the big boys thus they do no want to strain the huge engine and by the way the brabus sl 7.3 is not force inducted its uses the zonda engine which merc themselves created. its fast though and it looks good and by the way why do you all even care if the power and looks are there thats it - people don't really care much about the fuel economy - wheather it drinks like a dipsomaniac or not buyers do not really care - thy are just too rich and besides how often are they going to drive it
    hmm, the point of a supercar.....to show off?
    A Prancing Horse will ALWAYS back away from a RAGING BULL

p/s: I Love the Murcielago!!!

do you guys know the consequences of using a small engine over a big one
    Do you know the consequences of using a large engine and turbocharging it, when a smaller normally aspirated one will do?

Improved throttle response
    Lighter engine
    better handling
    less fuel consumption etc. etc.

I'm not knocking the car or the engine; but the power output from this engine seems a bit pathetic when you consider its vast size AND it isn't normally aspirated.

Feel free to laugh at the 220 all you like; I cannot comment on the V6 reliability issues, but I do remember that it was the brakes that always came to criticism; NOT the engine. Oh, and the 220 was produced 14 years ago. That's almost older than you isn't it?

Originally posted by motormaniac
    hmm, the point of a supercar.....to show off?
    nobody seems to be driving their supercar like a supercar so i guess yeah to show off - and by the way every ferrari i have seen on the road so far - they were all travelling below 50km/h on an empty long layer of tarmac(which is the road)
    BAZOOKA EXHAUST

Originally posted by Kudosdude
    Do you know the consequences of using a large engine and turbocharging it, when a smaller normally aspirated one will do?

Improved throttle response
    Lighter engine
    better handling
    less fuel consumption etc. etc.

I'm not knocking the car or the engine; but the power output from this engine seems a bit pathetic when you consider its vast size AND it isn't normally aspirated.

Feel free to laugh at the 220 all you like; I cannot comment on the V6 reliability issues, but I do remember that it was the brakes that always came to criticism; NOT the engine. Oh, and the 220 was produced 14 years ago. That's almost older than you isn't it?
    we are talking about forced inducted engines here
    BAZOOKA EXHAUST

we are talking about forced inducted engines here
    Sorry motorhead - but what is your point?

i love this car

Sorry motorhead - but what is your point?
    i don't think thar car has force induction - i think mercedes fully developed their engine to even furthur lengths
    BAZOOKA EXHAUST

nobody seems to be driving their supercar like a supercar so i guess yeah to show off - and by the way every ferrari i have seen on the road so far - they were all travelling below 50km/h on an empty long layer of tarmac(which is the road)
    hmmm, that wasn't quite the case with me,

saw a 575 flying

a f355 wheeling

a 360 crusing(at like 120km/h)

and many more

i never see ferraris going that slow

Thumbs down

Motorhead = This car HAS forced induction - Why to you think it is called bi-turbo?

Motorhead = This car HAS forced induction - Why to you think it is called bi-turbo?
    oh kudos - you were talking about the bi turbo - i thought you were refering to the brabus 7.3(the pic i posted) - oh sorry then - my mistake
    BAZOOKA EXHAUST

Originally posted by motormaniac
    hmmm, that wasn't quite the case with me,

saw a 575 flying

a f355 wheeling

a 360 crusing(at like 120km/h)

and many more
    AHEM - maniac what do you mean by 355 wheeling and 360 at 120(isn't that slow for a FERRARI - real slow i think - my mum goes at 140 with her soluna and she calls that cruising - and 575 with wheels off the groud - i don't think so - please be more specific - thanks
    BAZOOKA EXHAUST

do you guys know the consequences of using a small engine over a big one - ok lets take mercedes benz. they love using huge engines and with tubos or supercharges for that added power
    *Shrug*

Never mind - I think we may all be getting confused

Perhaps we should mention the car we are commenting on

*Shrug*

Never mind - I think we may all be getting confused

Perhaps we should mention the car we are commenting on
    yeah - drop the subject ok
    BAZOOKA EXHAUST

Thread Information