Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Normal

Normal

I saw a Ferrari 599 the other day and it just looked ordinary. I am ayaing that if i just looking in that general direction i wouldnt have seen it.

You know when you are looking at something else and an awsome car appears and grabs your attenetion (like a Lambo or pre 1990's Ferrari) well this didnt.

Its as if Ferrari have lost there designing skill. Past Ferrari's have character while the newer one dont (some exempt). I have also seen the F430 and it looks blandand plain. I thought the whole reason for a Ferrsri is the power and the head turning looks. There cars are just lacking the second part.

This is just my opinion and i am not saying im right so make of it what you will.
    I want to die in my sleep like my Grandma, not screaming like the other 3 people in her car.

There are 10 types of people in this world. People who understand binary and people who don't.

Yep who in their right mind likes the bland, plain, artistic looks of Pininfarina? Ferraris would be sooo much better if eg they got a big HSV makeover for some real head turning appeal via a big slathered-on dose of slits, slats, slots, strakes, spoilers and scoops .. oooh yeah

Yeah I feel the same as you, I went to an auto show a few months ago and saw the 599 and enzo and I didn't really peaked my attention. For the F430/spider I like it's looks and curvatures, but not as much as the lambo gallado/spyder/SE/superlegga
    I'm a real boy!

Not to mention that Pininfarina has also ruined the Maserati GranTurismo...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Not to mention that Pininfarina has also ruined the Maserati GranTurismo...
    I think only very few people share that opinion
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Same goes for me.. The Ferrari's styling is way off nowadays.. The last nice Ferrari IMO is the 575M. In a few decades i'll build some better stuff for you guys

You are too kind.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    Same goes for me.. The Ferrari's styling is way off nowadays.. The last nice Ferrari IMO is the 575M. In a few decades i'll build some better stuff for you guys
    That takes all the excitment from being a millionaire.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by McReis View Post
    That takes all the excitment from being a millionaire.
    No, Pagani is the new Ferrari.
    Visca Catalunya!

No, Pagani is the new Ferrari.
    Right. They do not have the racing pedigree to match. The Zonda racing car was an absolute failure.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    Right. They do not have the racing pedigree to match. The Zonda racing car was an absolute failure.
    Maybe not in racing, but as far as dramatic and exciting italian sportscars are concerned Pagani has overtook Ferrari in terms of desirability, in my opinion.
    Visca Catalunya!

Maybe not in racing, but as far as dramatic and exciting italian sportscars are concerned Pagani has overtook Ferrari in terms of desirability, in my opinion.
    According to the people that have driven it, the 599 GTB is the best sportscar available. I don't think drama or excitement have ever been Ferrari's selling points.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    According to the people that have driven it, the 599 GTB is the best sportscar available. I don't think drama or excitement have ever been Ferrari's selling points.
    On the other hand I think that italian cars always have to have a degree of drama and style. Amongst other reasons that's why the Stilo failed.
    Visca Catalunya!

On the other hand I think that italian cars always have to have a degree of drama and style. Amongst other reasons that's why the Stilo failed.
    And why the 500 will be a absolute succes. (I hope).

And as a response to the above posts.. I am being trained to be able to design all or most parts of a vehicle right now. It is my dream to once start my own company producing cars. Who knows what I will be doing in 25 years time. Also note the smiley
    Last edited by drakkie; 04-24-2007 at 09:31 AM.

Right the new Panda has very little drama and style and it is currently saving Fiat. It is also good to note that there is a waiting list of over two years on the 599 GTB.

(Ted Joans)

Thread Information