Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Normal

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    Right the new Panda has very little drama and style and it is currently saving Fiat. It is also good to note that there is a waiting list of over two years on the 599 GTB.
    I think quite the opposite. The Panda is a charming little car, as opposed to the Chevrolet Matiz (just to mention one example).

I also don't think that selling well as in indicator of how "great" a car is. There's the clear Cayenne example.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I also don't think that selling well as in indicator of how "great" a car is. There's the clear Cayenne example.
    Well.. the Cayenne is a great car, but it's great in a field that you do not appreciate.

I think quite the opposite. The Panda is a charming little car, as opposed to the Chevrolet Matiz (just to mention one example).

No it's comments from people like Gordon Murray that help us mere mortals to judge a car. All magazines absolutely love it.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

No it's comments from people like Gordon Murray that help us mere mortals to judge a car. All magazines absolutely love it.
    The Cayenne is also technically very good as are modern BMWs.

And yet...
    Visca Catalunya!

The Cayenne is also technically very good as are modern BMWs.

And yet...
    Yes, but they don't look nearly as good as the 599. They do sell well. It might be rough for you to handle, but automobile manufacturers are in it to sell cars.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Yes, but they don't look nearly as good as the 599. They do sell well. It might be rough for you to handle, but automobile manufacturers are in it to sell cars.
    I know that. But my point originally was that I prefer, say, the technically imperfect Aston Martin Vanquish S to the technically perfect Ferrari 599 GTB. I don't in any way pretend to say what the car companies should or shouldn't do in order to sell cars.
    Visca Catalunya!

It is also good to note that there is a waiting list of over two years on the 599 GTB.
    In which many of them might have originally booked the 612, and in no time, Ferrari launched the 599, hence it seem pointless to wait for an 'old' Ferrari paying new price; and halfway thru delivering the orders, Ferrari might just launch another best-er-than-the-best Ferrari.....
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt View Post
    In which many of them might have originally booked the 612, and in no time, Ferrari launched the 599, hence it seem pointless to wait for an 'old' Ferrari paying new price; and halfway thru delivering the orders, Ferrari might just launch another best-er-than-the-best Ferrari.....
    if you don't have figures to substantiate your claim, then this is pure speculation...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    if you don't have figures to substantiate your claim, then this is pure speculation...
    i don't have, it's not even speculation. I mean, Ferrari would just go on producing new models, and people would just switch their orders, (i supposed) to get newer ones.

i don't have, it's not even speculation. I mean, Ferrari would just go on producing new models, and people would just switch their orders, (i supposed) to get newer ones.
    ergo, bullshit
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

ergo, bullshit
    Then i guess i better stick to something that sound nicer, SPECULATION.

You do realise that the 612 and 599 are two completely different cars, aimed at different customers.

(Ted Joans)

I think only very few people share that opinion
    Props to Ferrer - the Gran Turismo was a great sketch - a poor realization; though many people seem to like it I personally think it could have been so much more. What say you henk4?

The 599 is just slightly off. The rear end and can-style lights are fantastic, but the front is too complicated and not smooth enough for a Ferrari - it doesn't have the same appeal to me as say, a 360 or a 355. The car's performance is great however - that should be undisputed.

You do realise that the 612 and 599 are two completely different cars, aimed at different customers.
    Yupe. Like i said, they're into different segments of buyers for people in forums or car mags, not so much for businessmen in showrooms.

Yupe. Like i said, they're into different segments of buyers for people in forums or car mags, not so much for businessmen in showrooms.
    Actually, knowing a Scaglietti costumer he wouldn't have bought a two seater berlinetta, yet he bought a 612. So I guess they are in different segments for potential costumers too.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information