Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Normal

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt View Post
    Nope. not me. but people who aren't in car forums.
    Who are these buyers of 'luxury goods' then that you are talking about? People that buy Ferraris, but don't visit car forums?
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Nope. not me. but people who aren't in car forums.
    Not all car enthusiasts are in car forums.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

It's ridiculous to assume i meant ALL CAR ENTHUSIASTS MUST BE IN FORUMS.
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

It's ridiculous to assume i meant ALL CAR ENTHUSIASTS MUST BE IN FORUMS.
    You make very little sense. Can you please try to explain once again why someone who had a 612 on order would have been eager to switch to a 599? Please try to explain what you meant with car enthusiast and luxury good along the way.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Wouter, how many Ferrari buyers are hard core car enthusiasts that cares much about the slightly lesser handling and acceleration of 612 over 599. Or the better passenger space of 612 over 599?

OVER THE TOTAL SALES VOLUME OF 612 or 599?

Of course Ferraris are excellent cars with excellent engines, and there are many many car enthusiasts that would buy them, that know much about cars and racing them.

BUT HOW MANY FERRARIs actually ended up in these people's hands as compared to those as stock brokers, lawyers, doctors, engineers who just love a weekend drive in a 430 spyder down the mall for a cup of espresso?

There are more people who cares about buying the latest Ferrari than those who care about 612's performance disadvantage over 599. or seating capacity; Ferraris are luxury goods in the end, just as Piagets are fine piece of jewellery and art, as oppose to something that keeps time.

That's my point of view, or put simply, speculation. And this is what that keeps Ferrari profitable and healthy, so they can keep on producing fine cars that we people in forums would embrace, but to only be fine goods for businessmens in showrooms.

You underestimate either Ferrari owners or the difference between the 612 and the 599, or maybe both.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    You underestimate either Ferrari owners or the difference between the 612 and the 599, or maybe both.
    Sorry if it sounded harsh from me. BUT, i did not mention all. And you knew that i know how good these cars are. Just that I'm coming from a different standpoint, one that comes from me but doesn't represent me. And you yourself knew there are alot of Ferrari owners that are avid and truthfull car enthusiasts.

Actually I believe the sporstcar owners that aren't real enthusiasts, usually go for other makes like Porsche for example, due to "sensible" arguments like reliability or maintenance costs. Which IMO are quite a strange argument when you're trying to buy the car of your dreams.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by McReis View Post
    Which IMO are quite a strange argument when you're trying to buy the car of your dreams.
    not really, not when you have to live with that car on whatever budget you may have.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    not really, not when you have to live with that car on whatever budget you may have.
    If your budget and you buy a new top sporstcar, then you're not clever, right?

If your budget and you buy a new top sporstcar, then you're not clever, right?
    true, but you can own a porsche with a much lower budget for maintenance, than say a ferrari.. plus, getting a porsche prepped for tarmac rally or whatever is a whole lot easier, many workshops can do the work to CAMS specifications Not to mention porsche themselves actively encourage their customers to participate in motorsports, which helps.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

true, but you can own a porsche with a much lower budget for maintenance, than say a ferrari.. plus, getting a porsche prepped for tarmac rally or whatever is a whole lot easier, many workshops can do the work to CAMS specifications Not to mention porsche themselves actively encourage their customers to participate in motorsports, which helps.
    That would be going absolutely off-topic. I know that it is a lot easier to have and mantain a 2nd hand Porsche than a Ferrari. But that's not the issue here. We're talking about those who actualy buy them new. And those, are supposedly not too worried with those costs. If they are, that's because they're buying a car to expensive for their lifestyle.

We're talking about those who actualy buy them new. And those, are supposedly not too worried with those costs. If they are, that's because they're buying a car to expensive for their lifestyle.
    yes; and maybe they want to drive their new car, rather than have it sitting in a workshop being repaired. Even if you can afford maintenance/repairs easily, doesn't make it any less convenient.

Or simply some people don't like the image associated with Ferrari, or it's style and prefer to buy other cars, like Porsches.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

yes; and maybe they want to drive their new car, rather than have it sitting in a workshop being repaired. Even if you can afford maintenance/repairs easily, doesn't make it any less convenient.
    From much of what I've read and heard, the reliability issues with Ferrari are now not much more than a myth. But costs are very high, of course.

Thread Information