Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 11yr old boy killed 476kg wild hog

I could have guessed that this would turn into battle of whether guns should be banned or not. Whether anyone likes it or not guns have become intertwined into our culture. Just accept it and let's talk about how freaking huge that boar is.

Frankly, I'm shocked it took until the second page. This is ridiculous.

Anyway, back on topic, I bet that was a bitch to clean, hogs are probably the worst smelling, ugliest, most destructive grossest mammals I can think of.
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by McReis View Post
    Of all the nice things a son and a father can do together that teach responsability, why chosing one that is so closely related to death?
    You know I agree with you, but to some families its just a tradition thing, I don't know to use a gun but I live in an area of Wisconsin where huntings a big deal and its a whole family thing, fathers, sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, its just something to do. I would rather have a father teaching his son how to use a gun responsibly than letting the kid discover the gun and try to learn on his own.

Learning how to use a weapon at 11 is the 2nd step to make a accidental murder.
    Learning how to use a gun is going to prevent an accidental shooting, not cause it. I respect your opinion and all, but you're a little off base here. I know plenty of people with guns; all of them take the utmost care with them and none of them have ever injured or killed anyone with them.

Have you ever heard about sensationalist press?
    Yeah, and, like I said, I'm not nearly as cyncical as some of you. I'd suspect that the size has been exagerated before I suspected that it wasn't wild.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

In my opinion, an 11 year old boy killing an animal is terrible. I think the act of killing animals just for "recreation" or "fun" is very wrong.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

Quote Originally Posted by john14 View Post
    In my opinion, an 11 year old boy killing a living organism is terrible. I think the act of killing animals just for "recreation" or "fun" is very wrong.
    Think of it as population control, then.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Learning how to use a weapon at 11 is the 2nd step to make a accidental murder. Step 1 is having the gun at home. You can't be a killing shooter if you don't have a gun. We don't need guns at home and that's a strong enough argument agains every activity related with guns.

Of all the nice things a son and a father can do together that teach responsability, why chosing one that is so closely related to death?
    I learned how to shoot a rifle when I was 12 during a camping trip. Does that mean that I will go on a rampage? No. There are other factors at play.

Quote Originally Posted by john14 View Post
    In my opinion, an 11 year old boy killing an animal is terrible. I think the act of killing animals just for "recreation" or "fun" is very wrong.
    They probably ate it.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    They probably ate it.
    nope, his dad turned it to sausages and sold them all
    12 cylinders or walk!

Well... someone else ate it.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    Well... someone else ate it.
    supposedly... but i don't believe that plumpy haven't eaten at least two kilos
    12 cylinders or walk!

Learning how to use a weapon at 11 is the 2nd step to make a accidental murder.

typical euro snob just because you're overpopulated continent is insulated from the natural environment
    because i've seeen so much death in 11 years of shooting!!1!!
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by MadMax13 View Post
    Um, i think if that "boar" was tearing up a farmers crop hed hear it, not to mention shoot it. Even so we would have heard, or seen, something of this huge "boar" by now, so its probably never been seen before...
    We've seen these before. They're just not a common site. You could easily do this yourself.

All you'd need is a lot of pig feed, and some hormone enhancing drugs to make it have a large appetite and allow it to grow.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master View Post
    We've seen these before. They're just not a common site. You could easily do this yourself.

All you'd need is a lot of pig feed, and some hormone enhancing drugs to make it have a large appetite and allow it to grow.
    in feed lots the sow's get to around 300kg, and the farmers aren't allowed to give them hormones so i agree in that i's quite possible!
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tiv View Post
    Think of it as population control, then.
    Deer as another example can become horribly overpopulated if they were not hunted in the southeast. The amount that can be legally taken is regulated to prevent this from swinging either way.

What is the largest boar on record anyway?

This pig is 1,051, but there's been records of 1,800 pounds....
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Thread Information