Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cambelt DIY

If memory serves correctly, the most common phrase in a Haynes book is 'refer to dealer'...
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

[O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    1. LABEL EVERYTHING as you take it out. Every bolt, every clip, esp. any electrical conectors, coolant hoses, vacuum hoses, 15 minutes spent labeling can save you endless trouble
    2. Take pics before you start so you can see how everything should look. It only takes a minute and the more the better. You can take pics in the middle of the process if needed too.
    3. a little wire brushing and a dab of never seize on your bolts gos a long way if you ever need to take something apart again
    i think this should be printed in large font on the front of every workshop manual.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    i think this should be printed in large font on the front of every workshop manual.
    Why thank you Just common sense stuff makes a huge difference you know? I may be the luckiest guy ever- I did a starter a few days ago and had my girlfriend come over, helped me do some of the easy stuff, labeled and bagged all the nuts and bolts as they came out, and called all the auto parts stores for pricing on the replacement part. She's wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    And things I've learned from my (relatively small) experience...
    1. LABEL EVERYTHING as you take it out. Every bolt, every clip, esp. any electrical conectors, coolant hoses, vacuum hoses, 15 minutes spent labeling can save you endless trouble
    2. Take pics before you start so you can see how everything should look. It only takes a minute and the more the better. You can take pics in the middle of the process if needed too.
    3. a little wire brushing and a dab of never seize on your bolts gos a long way if you ever need to take something apart again
    4. buy the right tool. You don't need an 800 dollar toolset, but as tools come up that you need, don't hesistate to get them. ex. it took me two days to remove my runners using a T40 power screwdriver bit, 1/4" socket, extender, and ratchet, bc that's all I had. When I got the proper T40 socket and wobble extender, (Plus all bolt cleaned and greased) it took less than an hour to put it back together.
    Lol. Newb.

If the motor is DOHC, get one of these. LISLE 36880 - DUAL OVERHEAD CAM LOCK TOOL LOCK SPROCKETS IN PLACE

If you do some research, there might be something similar for a SOHC.

Thread Information