Thread: Triumph Spitfire vs. MG Midget

Triumph Spitfire vs. MG Midget

Which of these two cars do you perfer or think is better. Personally I like the MG better.
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari Tifosi
    Which of these two cars do you perfer or think is better. Personally I like the MG better.
    Depends what you want.

Personally I love the looks of the Spitfire.

For track use there is a LOT more experience and parts for the Midget.

They are ( unfortunately ) on a par for rust - the Spitfire at the top of the rear wings and the whole bonnet and the midget for the sills. All of which cause their demise long before mechanical breakdown.

Spit is slightly bigger inside.

Performance of stock is about on a par.
    Performance is determiend by the suspension and brakes design which for both dates back to the 50s !!!!

Now add the GT6 to the mix and I pick it.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

My knowledge on these two cars is not great but from seeing them both in my opinion, i perfur the MG. Apparently the Spitfire was badly desighned espcially the straight six version which i think is two powerful for the chassis.

Thread Information