Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A 1000hp Skyline vs 1000hp TVR Speed 12

Quote Originally Posted by Chelo_Spectra View Post
    For me... TVR for some Drag shit... Skyline real Nurburgrind ...
    the TVR was made thinkin more on the full speed in line racing but if u try to take a corner with that body u will find a big ass taking your tail out of the way in an uncontrolable drift scene... by the other hand u have the lightly and quick skyline... maybe with its 1000 hp will not be at the same drag speed than the TVR but just after some curves ull find why it its important to have a slim body
    For a start the TVR weights 1000kg and the Skyline (as standard) 1540kg. Do you actually know anything about the TVR?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    For a start the TVR weights 1000kg and the Skyline (as standard) 1540kg. Do you actually know anything about the TVR?
    u just said as standard... with mods like the use of carbon fiber in some parts + weight reduccion kits... were talkin in a skyline just like these one http://skylinev12.neufblog.com/

so i know somehting about the TVR and i also know something about the Skyline!

Quote Originally Posted by Chelo_Spectra View Post
    u just said as standard... with mods like the use of carbon fiber in some parts + weight reduccion kits... were talkin in a skyline just like these one http://skylinev12.neufblog.com/

so i know somehting about the TVR and i also know something about the Skyline!
    Then you should know that the Speed 12 has been campaigned in GT races, which means that if anything it certainly isn't a drag car as you assume.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Visca Catalunya!

The Porsche 911 probably. And remember that prices here aren't the same as there...
    Maybe there are different pricing for different countries, but the main reason why Skylines and many Jap sports cars are created, is to slay continental supercars. Not on the track, but on the price. Generally 911s costs around twice of what Skylines are. In my country, 911s costs only 1/3 more than GTRs. (But mind, it's not offered by Nissan, but brought in by grey importers, hence they can charge whatever they wanted, but generally they costs around $200,000 USD new and around $100,000 for a 7 year model) 911s costs around $300,000 USD here.
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    My uncle has a 1000hp skyline and he said he raced and beat a TVR Speed 12 at the Nurburgring.

The skyliner would win.
    Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    You and i must be related somehow. my uncle-father has a 1001Hp Skyline. it outrunz veyronz.

My uncle > Your uncles

He had a 100000000000hp GTR that goes so fast that space and time warps and he goes back in time. But alas, everytime he went for a drag race, he would end up at where he was that earlier morning.

oh, my uncle is now trying to break the world record for the longest underwater diving, it's been 2 years since he dived in.

I smell cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt View Post
    I take it that you mean you would never be able to answer then.
    Basically
    "No sir you may not eat my hat"

KFA-R #88 OZYROCKET

Maybe there are different pricing for different countries, but the main reason why Skylines and many Jap sports cars are created, is to slay continental supercars. Not on the track, but on the price. Generally 911s costs around twice of what Skylines are. In my country, 911s costs only 1/3 more than GTRs. (But mind, it's not offered by Nissan, but brought in by grey importers, hence they can charge whatever they wanted, but generally they costs around $200,000 USD new and around $100,000 for a 7 year model) 911s costs around $300,000 USD here.
    Well when new and due to grey importers too the Skyline costed apparently about 81,000€. Today a new Porsche 911 Carrera costs 87,000€. So there isn't much of a difference.
    Visca Catalunya!

Well when new and due to grey importers too the Skyline costed apparently about 81,000€. Today a new Porsche 911 Carrera costs 87,000€. So there isn't much of a difference.

Well, i can only conclude that you guys get cheap porsches and we both get expensive skylines. why not we ask someone from Aussie? the land of cheap cars. (not cheapest, but they almost get all 'world' cars - no offend to american cars k? )

Well, i can only conclude that you guys get cheap porsches and we both get expensive skylines. why not we ask someone from Aussie? the land of cheap cars. (not cheapest, but they almost get all 'world' cars - no offend to american cars k? )
    well mate i have seen some fairly crazy stuff in my time (cough 18 years of it) but yeah

a twin turbo LS1 GenIII V8 (poor bastard could only flatten it out in after third otherwise he would pull another diff like the one he pulled at the lights in the main street of my town.... that was an interesting day)

A R32 Skyline with a truck turbo in it (this WAS all turbo no engine, note the word WAS lol.... he blew it up trying to be cool, did try and sell it for $10,000 but so that kinda answers your question....lol...kinda)

Supercharged LS1 GenIII V8 (super quick car... well it was actually a ute... dyno said 500Kw at the wheels..... he had spent over $30,000 on it...... worth it untill he stuck it into a tree)

Honda Integra ($10,000...ish spent on it and it runs very respectable times around any race track.... not much exciting here but hey he crazy enough to spend 10 grand on a car)

then there is my current project.... turbo Suzuki 1300cc motor inplanted into a mini shell..... just behind the front seats lol.... people ask me why i wanna do it.... i say why not

the odd 1000hp skyline does show up in the mag's..... they still expensive but for what you get you can reason paying it

KFA-R #88 OZYROCKET

But me and Ferrer were comparing stock GTR and stock 911. Which costs more in OZ land?

But me and Ferrer were comparing stock GTR and stock 911. Which costs more in OZ land?
    stock R32 GTR can be had for about $20-30k AUD dependant on where you buy it, condition etc. basically, costs less than a honda civic or accord.
    R34 GTR's are about 40-60k AUD, approaching 350Z territory price wise.
    a new 911 turbo is some where around 350K i think.
    as a reference, i do believe theo woollet is running a 9 sec R32 GTR that has 934hp on pump gas, has full interior, street tires etc. the R34 is heavier...
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

sorry to lead ya on a bum stear!!!!

a really top R34 GTR (i talking a super gorgeous "if it werent iligal id marry it" one) you looking at $100,000 Max

much less than a 911 turbo

KFA-R #88 OZYROCKET

They both pale in comparison to the almighty 1000 hp S7 TT.....you can all agree now im done. =)
    1987 Pontiac GTA Trans Am (Parked-Project car)
    Orange/Cloth
    Future ideas:
    LS1/LT1 or Twin Screw S/C L98 TPI
    True duels/side pipes

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2.0 (DD)
    Black/Black and Grey Leather

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    stock R32 GTR can be had for about $20-30k AUD dependant on where you buy it, condition etc. basically, costs less than a honda civic or accord.
    R34 GTR's are about 40-60k AUD, approaching 350Z territory price wise.
    a new 911 turbo is some where around 350K i think.
    as a reference, i do believe theo woollet is running a 9 sec R32 GTR that has 934hp on pump gas, has full interior, street tires etc. the R34 is heavier...
    I think that a regular Carrera would be more than a match for a stock GT-R.
    Visca Catalunya!

I think that a regular Carrera would be more than a match for a stock GT-R.
    on what type of track? it would be rather close, yes. The R34 is faster than the current M5, with a set of good tyres.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Thread Information