Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bob Woolmer dies

Bob Woolmer dies

Pakistan coach dies

Pakistan cricket coach Bob Woolmer has died after being found unconscious in his hotel room in the West Indies.

The 58-year-old was discovered at the Pegasus Hotel in Sabina Park this morning, and was immediately taken to the emergency department of a nearby hospital - but he did not recover.
    The team's media manager Pervez Mir revealed that Woolmer suffered from a medical condition - but said it was too early to say whether it played a part in his death.
    A team spokesman said: "We saw him last night but having not seen him early today two of our officers went to his room and with the help of hotel staff entered. He was found unconscious there.
    "It is too early to say whether he has suffered a heart attack. We are awaiting medical reports."
    A statement is expected to be released by the Pakistan Cricket Board, and Woolmer's South Africa-based wife has been notified.
    Woolmer, who has also coached South Africa and Warwickshire, was contracted to the Pakistan Cricket Board until the end of the tournament.

------

I want to extend my heartfelt condolenseces to his family and friends. I met the great man a couple of years ago, he was very kind and a brilliant character.
    This is a true loss to the world.
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Did you just wake up to this?

I find it very suspicious more then meets the eye here you just get that feeling.

But condolences to his family and anyone that knew him, And if he didn't die a natural death i hope they catch the bastards.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

I knew about this yesterday too, but I thought I'd create a thread now and see what everyone had to say about the matter.
    I don't think it's natural causes either. It's too much of a coincidence that he passed away a day after losing to Ireland and not progressing the World Cup.

Being nice since 2007.

my condolences to his family...
    my thoughts also wandered off into a conspiracy direction. Or possibly he felt his responsibility to the extent that he could not bear the phase-out and he was about to face the wrath of the Pakistani press.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Vaigra View Post
    I knew about this yesterday too, but I thought I'd create a thread now and see what everyone had to say about the matter.
    I don't think it's natural causes either. It's too much of a coincidence that he passed away a day after losing to Ireland and not progressing the World Cup.
    But why kill him? Couldn't they just sack him?

My condolences to his family and friends.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Well, his contract expired at the end of the championship anyway...

Being nice since 2007.

I know the Pakistanis are passionate about their cricket, and things had been going through a sticky patch with the national team, but are people seriously suggesting some kind of foul play? That just seems way too far-fetched, suggesting that he was bumped off over a lost cricket match. Seems far more likely that he was over stressed and had a heart attack or an aneurysm, something tragic but totally innocent.

RIP Bob.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

I'm not sure what to expect but Bob is dead and theres a something truely saddening After watching the match (was at the edge of my seat at the last 5 overs) you could see the sher disappiontment in his face as he packed up his things RIP..
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

This weekend went from bad, to worse, to a nightmare. May Bob rest in peace, and I hope his family have the strength to get through such a tough time.

I would like to believe people are not so sick as to kill the coach - but maybe Im too naive. My reckoning is he's been through a very tough time with the team, first the joke that was the Hair scandal, then the Shoaib drug episode, and now being knocked out of the W.Cup already - I reckon it was all that added together, the man just died of embarassment (in his eyes) of leading the Pakistan team to defeat. Sadly, it is too late to do anything about it now, as he has gone, but I hope the Pak team can shape themselves and do his legacy justice.
    Porsche!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
    I know the Pakistanis are passionate about their cricket.... are people seriously suggesting some kind of foul play? That just seems way too far-fetched... suggesting that he was bumped off over a lost cricket match... RIP Bob.

Yes, the pakistanies were burning effigies of the entire team once they lost.

Yes, we are suggesting there could have been some foul play.

Suggesting someone was bumped off over a match of cricket is very simmilar to the striker loosing his life because of a large bet on them winning a match, and him missing a penalty.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    ...burning effigies of the entire team once they lost...
    I tend to be of the thinking that people who burn effigies dont necessarily have the mental capacity to carry out covert assasinations. Heres hoping Im right. Its just such a sad event in itself, any added drama would completely overwrite any sporting activities in the Cup itself.
    Porsche!

Quote Originally Posted by Vaigra View Post
    Yes they take defeat very badly
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    But why kill him? Couldn't they just sack him?

My condolences to his family and friends.
    Maybe it wasn't the power that be?
    I know the Pakistanis are passionate about their cricket, and things had been going through a sticky patch with the national team, but are people seriously suggesting some kind of foul play? That just seems way too far-fetched, suggesting that he was bumped off over a lost cricket match. .
    This might be minor compared to some of the things they have done in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden View Post
    What are you on about?
    Porsche!

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    Yes, the pakistanies were burning effigies of the entire team once they lost.

Yes, we are suggesting there could have been some foul play.

Suggesting someone was bumped off over a match of cricket is very simmilar to the striker loosing his life because of a large bet on them winning a match, and him missing a penalty.
    Yes, but given the circumstances you're suggesting that the Pakistani fans had an assasin stationed in the team's hotel in the Caribbean on the off chance that Ireland actually beat them, so he could then secretly murder him within hours of the game's completion. They're cricket fans, not the KGB for goodness' sake. I would be absolutely amazed if that turned out to be the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden View Post
    Eh? I'll be first to admit I'm no cricket expert, but what sort of things have the Pakistani fans done in the past that would render murdering their own coach a "minor" incident?
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Quote Originally Posted by RazaBlade View Post
    What are you on about?
    Wood Fire Matches Getting the drift yet, Stakes stones?? Tom jones burning down the house.
    Yes, but given the circumstances you're suggesting that the Pakistani fans had an assasin stationed in the team's hotel in the Caribbean on the off chance that Ireland actually beat them, so he could then secretly murder him within hours of the game's completion. They're cricket fans, not the KGB for goodness' sake. I would be absolutely amazed if that turned out to be the truth.

Eh? I'll be first to admit I'm no cricket expert, but what sort of things have the Pakistani fans done in the past that would render murdering their own coach a "minor" incident?
    They would burn your mums house if she was in it if they got mad enough about cricket.
    There not fans there more then that. Cricket to them is life love family religion blood pride strength. It's everything.

I haven't once stated it as fact they killed him, It's a suspicious feeling that's all.

I just hope he didn't do something to himself in fear.

I mean switch on the TV and see the angry people burning pictures of you and shouting death to Bob Woolmer, Then face them when they are angry at you wanting you dead.

Thread Information