Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big question for the scientific ones....

So can i conclude it is heavier?
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt View Post
    So can i conclude it is heavier?
    You could, but the mass is so impossibly small it's not even significant, thus shouldn't be even considered. In theory, it's heavier, but only in theory...
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

I don't think even theoretically it is heavier. All that is happening is the magnetic dipoles are shifting, nothing more. No more electrons are added or subtracted, and nothing is burned, so it is the same mass.

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    You could, but the mass is so impossibly small it's not even significant, thus shouldn't be even considered. In theory, it's heavier, but only in theory...
    Well, what if Earth's gravity increased by 20 million times? It would at least weigh 2 ounce right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I don't think even theoretically it is heavier. All that is happening is the magnetic dipoles are shifting, nothing more. No more electrons are added or subtracted, and nothing is burned, so it is the same mass.
    Click the link and DISCOVER.

Let's just all agree that it might weigh 0.0000000000000000000000001% more.

also, that the more space you have, the heavier the piece will be

like s 5gig hd will weigh less than a 10gig

it doesnt matter what you put on it

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    On the hard drive, it won't weigh more, the area will be polarized, that's what makes it magnetic.

On the battery, it also won't weigh more. When it's charged, the electrons exist on one lead and the second (positive) has a deficiency. When you use the battery, the current is caused by electrons running from the negative side through the circuit to the positive side, filling the deficiency. When the battery is dead, it has the same number of electrons, its just that there is now balance between the positive and negative sides.

This is why you can use a lemon and certain types of metals to make a battery. The chemical reactions strip electrons from one type of metal, and combine it with the other type, causing a deficiency, which then will balance itself by electricity running through the circuit.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt View Post
    Click the link and DISCOVER.
    I did. That was the internet, not a hard drive. I think still the two hard drives would mass out at exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft View Post
    On the hard drive, it won't weigh more, the area will be polarized, that's what makes it magnetic.

On the battery, it also won't weigh more. When it's charged, the electrons exist on one lead and the second (positive) has a deficiency. When you use the battery, the current is caused by electrons running from the negative side through the circuit to the positive side, filling the deficiency. When the battery is dead, it has the same number of electrons, its just that there is now balance between the positive and negative sides.

This is why you can use a lemon and certain types of metals to make a battery. The chemical reactions strip electrons from one type of metal, and combine it with the other type, causing a deficiency, which then will balance itself by electricity running through the circuit.
    Correct. Whoever said a used battery will weigh less (actually have less mass) was wrong. Electron in a battery move from a higher energy state to a lower energy state, but they all stay in the battery.

So now i couldn't conclude that information weighs....

hmmmmm ... love chemistry.
    A sealed lead acid battery in a charged state weighs less than an uncharged one but has the same mass.
    Why ? Because Hydrogen gas is lighter than air
    For those "struggling" with that remember mass and weigth are two different things.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information