Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: my 240sx (coming soon)

Put a LS1 in that bitch ha ha. You will have some fun with it at the oval for sure.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    yeah, 150kw vs 190kw or something, thanks to japan thinking we didn't have premium unleaded for some reason
    At the time we didn't. In Japan premium is 98, not 95. That's the same reason we didn't get the STi and B4 Liberty for ages after they came out.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by rev440 View Post
    Put a LS1 in that bitch ha ha. You will have some fun with it at the oval for sure.
    might be too expensive if he's doing it on the cheap
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    At the time we didn't. In Japan premium is 98, not 95. That's the same reason we didn't get the STi and B4 Liberty for ages after they came out.
    i thought japan premium was 100? or do they use a different system.
    but yeah, it's not ike it's difficut to increase the power
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    might be too expensive if he's doing it on the cheap
    Yeah I talked to him a while ago when he first got it and I told him that. He is gonna have a lot of fun at the track. I know some people who do this.

You don't have 98? Many cars on the market need it currently...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    95 was the max up until the late 90's. now the max is 100 octane i believe, without making a trip to your local airfield
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    What car on the market needs 98 octane?

What car on the market needs 98 octane?
    Many direct fuel injected VAG cars, and most BMWs and think some Mercedes-Benzes too. At least the ones we have here.
    Visca Catalunya!

Actually, all FSI cars need 98, all V8 Holdens have their quoted power with 98 (but they don't need PULP as they have knock sensors), STis, EVOs, WRXs, really most new turbo cars will need 98, and there's even quite a few bikes now that are specifying 98.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Actually, all FSI cars need 98, all V8 Holdens have their quoted power with 98 (but they don't need PULP as they have knock sensors), STis, EVOs, WRXs, really most new turbo cars will need 98, and there's even quite a few bikes now that are specifying 98.
    I have a hard time beliving these cars need 98octane. In Ameirca we have more boost and basiclly BPU evos and wrx's running on pump gas which is 92. So a stock car running on the same tune for both countries doesnt really make sense why the euro version needs mor octane. I have bikes and we run 92 in them as well the run fine. Hell I know people that run 89 in them as well. I guess its just whatever the max octane is in the country the auto maker will suggest their cars to run on it.

I have a hard time beliving these cars need 98octane. In Ameirca we have more boost and basiclly BPU evos and wrx's running on pump gas which is 92. So a stock car running on the same tune for both countries doesnt really make sense why the euro version needs mor octane. I have bikes and we run 92 in them as well the run fine. Hell I know people that run 89 in them as well. I guess its just whatever the max octane is in the country the auto maker will suggest their cars to run on it.
    Other way round. Makers will tune their car for it. Holden V8s actually make less power on 95 or 91. US-spec turbo cars will be tuned for your shithouse petrol.
    – Hunter Thompson

Other way round. Makers will tune their car for it. Holden V8s actually make less power on 95 or 91. US-spec turbo cars will be tuned for your shithouse petrol.
    Like the Koenigsegg CCX apparently. With Europe's petrol it actually makes more power apparently.

By the way not all FSIs need 98. The 1.4 TSI 140bhp doesn't need it.
    Visca Catalunya!

Is the 1.4 TSI acutally an FSI engine though? I'd imagine if any FSI would need it, it would be that one. It runs so much boost they had to move to an iron block.
    – Hunter Thompson

Is the 1.4 TSI acutally an FSI engine though? I'd imagine if any FSI would need it, it would be that one. It runs so much boost they had to move to an iron block.
    Yes, it is. It has direct fuel injection, a supercharger and a turbocharger. The 140bhp can run on 95 (given the amount of tech it doesn't have a high pecific output), however the 170bhp does need 98.

There a new 1.4 TSI with 122bhp with direct fuel injection and a turbocharger (but no supercharger) which runs on 95 as well. All of those are technically FSI engines.
    Visca Catalunya!

Can I have proof of these cars with different tunes?

Thread Information