Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Ford Ferrari Wars

is part 2 up yet?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    is part 2 up yet?
    Hey

The Historic Targa was incredible! Part 2 soon.

Best

Oh that's amazing stuff! Great pics, great story, eyewatering garage!
    You're a good story-teller too.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Napolis View Post
    Hey

The Historic Targa was incredible! Part 2 soon.

Best
    good, any Sicilian footage? What's up for you for Pebble this year? Being a visitor?
    Last edited by henk4; 06-12-2007 at 04:34 AM.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I'm so glad that deal never went through.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    good, any Sicilian footage? What's up for you for Pebble this year? Being a visitor?
    J6 and 0846 at Quail.

J6 and 0846 at Quail.
    never running out of options aren't you?

The pictures are simply stunning... oh my God!
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Part 2
    Thanks
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

J6 and 0846 at Quail.
    Wish I could be there...

The internet revolution is still rolling through Arkansas, and tonight there must be a wayward o'possum gnawing on a bundle of fiber-optics in an unlit corner of town, because the video just won't play.

Tell me this, Jim: You drive your cars on the street — and considering the pedigree of your collection, that's got to make for some memorable drives. (I hope and assume the local police have understanding minds.)

I'm sure you get attached, as do I. I'd never sell my Merc 380SL or my STi, even though given my current financial situation, I really probably should.

However, I'd give up food first. Ramen noodles are nearly free if you buy in bulk, and scurvy can be avoided with the tried-and-true barrell-O salted limes, but I can't imagine driving a boring car for the rest of my life.

Nor can I imagine driving one I didn't feel was truly Mine. I've owned only one factory-new car, my STi, and after breaking-in the engine religiously, the next step was breaking myself in. It took a few weeks worth of 2 a.m. speed trials on a deserted stretch of fuzz-free interstate a couple lonely counties north of my hometown and suicide runs through the Ozark mountain twisties before I felt any sense of ownership.

A car has to save my life a few times, and I've got to do the same for the machine before I feel it's mine, and then it has to be mine — it'd be like somebody else strapping on John Wayne's Peacemaker if I sold it.

So, my question is, do you grow attached to your cars? If so, would you still sell them as common sense or financial situations dictate or covet and hoard them forever as faithful partners?

A strong argument can be made for being crazy in choosing either.

Thanks for your answer.
    Last edited by LandQuail; 06-13-2007 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LandQuail View Post
    Wish I could be there...

The internet revolution is still rolling through Arkansas, and tonight there must be a wayward o'possum gnawing on a bundle of fiber-optics in an unlit corner of town, because the video just won't play.

Tell me this, Jim: You drive your cars on the street — and considering the pedigree of your collection, that's got to make for some memorable drives. (I hope and assume the local police have understanding minds.)

I'm sure you get attached, as do I. I'd never sell my Merc 380SL or my STi, even though given my current financial situation, I really probably should.

However, I'd give up food first. Ramen noodles are nearly free if you buy in bulk, and scurvy can be avoided with the tried-and-true barrell-O salted limes, but I can't imagine driving a boring car for the rest of my life.

Nor can I imagine driving one I didn't feel was truly Mine. I've owned only one factory-new car, my STi, and after breaking-in the engine religiously, the next step was breaking myself in. It took a few weeks worth of 2 a.m. speed trials on a deserted stretch of fuzz-free interstate a couple lonely counties north of my hometown and suicide runs through the Ozark mountain twisties before I felt any sense of ownership.

A car has to save my life a few times, and I've got to do the same for the machine before I feel it's mine, and then it has to be mine — it'd be like somebody else strapping on John Wayne's Peacemaker if I sold it.

So, my question is, do you grow attached to your cars? If so, would you still sell them as common sense or financial situations dictate or covet and hoard them forever as faithful partners?

A strong argument can be made for being crazy in choosing either.

Thanks for your answer.
    I plan to keep them till death do us part and pass them on to my children.

That is amazing napolis. Part 3?
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

why does it stop when starting to talk about women???

Thread Information