Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: alternative engine use

alternative engine use

something I allways wanted to try : engine cooking
    anyone here ever tried?
    I even heard that special cook books have been written on the subject...

If you have other ingenious ideas about how to use engineheat
    feel free to share them
    24/02/2008: my first drive in a corrado 16, life is finally going somewhere...
    1/07/2008: first drive in a corrado vr6, life peaks here

WWW.AUTOFANS.BE

Apparently it's quite tricky. I heard of a guy in Cuba who used his engine to power his tractor, his van and used it as a generator for his house at night.

If I remember rightly, either Rick Stein or Gordon Ramsay tried the cooking trick on Top Gear.

I have cooked a can of clam chowder on my friends engine, it worked pretty well, just burnt a tiny bit at the bottom
    The McLaren F1- The most fun you can have with your clothes on

"Live Fast, Die Young, and Leave a Good Looking Corpse" -James Dean, weeks before dying in a car crash at the age of 24

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6 View Post

If I remember rightly, either Rick Stein or Gordon Ramsay tried the cooking trick on Top Gear.
    you sort of remember , top gear themselves cooked some lamb and salmon for G. ramsay , to see if it was better than motorway cooking services.

Its sad that I have an encyclopedical knowledge of top gear, I know

anyway , wouldn't it be best to use the exhaust manifold?

WWW.AUTOFANS.BE

See if the GTi will serve up haute cuisine...

Barry & Paul the Chuckle Brothers cooked some cakes on the engine of their Renault Master...
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

I'm still doubting about what to put on it

WWW.AUTOFANS.BE

Fry and egg

Motion & Emotion

the fantastic feature of the gti is that the heat shield over the exhaust manifold is nearly flat, so this could provide excellent heat distribution.
    I could even do some "extreme engine cooking" and fix a little grille between the lambda thingy and the valve cover.
    then I could do steaks

WWW.AUTOFANS.BE

You've got it covered! Now go cook me 5-course roast!

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6 View Post
    . I heard of a guy in Cuba who used his engine to power his tractor, his van and used it as a generator for his house at night.
    oh , and by the way, this guy must be the best and fastest engine swapper in the entire world

WWW.AUTOFANS.BE

Quote Originally Posted by ripper46 View Post
    the fantastic feature of the gti is that the heat shield over the exhaust manifold is nearly flat, so this could provide excellent heat distribution.
    I could even do some "extreme engine cooking" and fix a little grille between the lambda thingy and the valve cover.
    then I could do steaks
    Watch out for the fat drippings.

secretly , I bought my Gti just for cooking purposes

WWW.AUTOFANS.BE

in the first oil crises, '73, I live in a country who's governement put end of cars and motos races, and dont' sail fuel in the weekends. in this tome I have my firs car, a Opel Kapittan I think by '59, black whit a yellom list by the radiator to the end of the car. beautiful, of course! I pay for this beast equal to actual 25 euros, for a job comrade. by the way, some time, the fuel price is over and over, and my small job's payment have all the months a crasch like Titanic, before the end of de month day's...
    well, I 'cook' for the engine a magical staff: "tractol", a special fuel for tractors (but my car isn't diesel...), much more cheap like gasoline and easy to buy because haven't weekend restrictions. the motor resist I think about a month, one night in one 'disco' of this times I'm not "capaz" to drive and a friend take the dash to drive me to home, 'tomorrow' give me car...
    the black beauty, whit insoluble break problems who wanto me to break anhit all my prairies and force in the meadlle os the strett for tha monster stopo befora tje last in the strett cross, no 'breakage' for one left and, never! a speed up to honest a 90-100, in the hands of my friend much have a hot treatment, maybe a speed record et al, next day and anoyher he never said to me about my car, finnally he said the car stop in a beach about ten kilometeres of the city, the motor dead.
    the car, before, in this happy and drunk life whit 'tractol', have six cilinders. tha day I go to see is death body he only have five: the anoher is over, possible to the space because the hot in this earth, the motor's block. on man who travel in old and death cars, one "sucateiro", give me actual dois euros and half, e just because "really he is whreigt, "é pesado".
    end of story of my Kapittan black whit a yellom list, lot's of smoke in and out, and drink like a drunk.
    "I don't take any photo, just collect in all the web and share"

i must say, that while it was a challenge to read that, i thought that it was a great story. interesting to see the way things are in other places. what country was that in?

and sorry about your opel.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Thread Information