Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Volkswagen Group versus Ford Group

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    Well.. Fleet's so good he doesn't even want crumple zones!
    Right.

-Fleet
    (almost 28 years of driving with no on-the-road accidents and no speeding or parking tickets.)
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

You might be a good driver, but what about the other 2 million drivers?

Like that girl I saw take her hand off the wheel in the middle of the corner to check her messages.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    You might be a good driver, but what about the other 2 million drivers?

Like that girl I saw take her hand off the wheel in the middle of the corner to check her messages.
    One way I've avoided accidents is keeping an eye out for that kind of driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleet 500 View Post
    They aren't "my" tests, they are from Car & Driver.

That's much more like it. I knew Australian saloons were good, but all that performance and those fuel consumption figures were simply amazing...
    I wouldn't gloat too much. Going by 'your' test figures (ex-C&D) it's clear than the cheapest, slowest, most basic-spec Ford Falcon 6cyl is a more powerful and (no surprise) faster machine than those awesome Crown Victoria V8 Police Interceptors. As are LWB Holdens even when equipped with the smallest (3.6 litre V6) engine

One way I've avoided accidents is keeping an eye out for that kind of driver.
    don't go the arogant route, it won't help your case. If you can't admit accidents might happen regardless of your skill/experience then we are unlikely to believe your 28 years driving experience.
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by jediali View Post
    don't go the arogant route, it won't help your case. If you can't admit accidents might happen regardless of your skill/experience then we are unlikely to believe your 28 years driving experience.
    You've never heard of the term "defensive driving?"
    As for my driving experience, would you like a DMW printout of my records? ;-)
    Last edited by Fleet 500; 06-24-2007 at 01:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nota View Post
    I wouldn't gloat too much. Going by 'your' test figures (ex-C&D) it's clear than the cheapest, slowest, most basic-spec Ford Falcon 6cyl is a more powerful and (no surprise) faster machine than those awesome Crown Victoria V8 Police Interceptors. As are LWB Holdens even when equipped with the smallest (3.6 litre V6) engine
    But there is a very good reason why the Crown Vics are used as police cars and taxi cabs... they hold up to rugged and severe use.
    And, nobody can outrun a radio so there's no reason for more powerful Crown Vics (although in the '60s, the police cars were much more powerful and faster than the modern CVs.

But there is a very good reason why the Crown Vics are used as police cars and taxi cabs... they hold up to rugged and severe use.
    And, nobody can outrun a radio so there's no reason for more powerful Crown Vics (although in the '60s, the police cars were much more powerful and faster than the modern CVs.
    The Falcons and Commodores are used as police cars too, so they are strong too. And by the way evern the mid-90's Caprice and Impala polica cars were faster than current Crown Vics, weren't they?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

You've never heard of the term "defensive driving?"
    As for my driving experience, would you like a DMW printout of my records? ;-)
    i think your missing the point, your immaculate records might support your cliam that you will nevar have an accident if your driving on empty streets,however you arent superman and are not able to avoid all accidents involving worse drivers. no one is.
    autozine.org

i think your missing the point
    should become the standard opening phrase in reply to any of Fleet's posts..
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    should become the standard opening phrase in reply to any of Fleet's posts..
    Me thinks you know I am right about things more often than you care to admit. That's why you keep taking jabs at me.

i think your missing the point, your immaculate records might support your cliam that you will nevar have an accident if your driving on empty streets,however you arent superman and are not able to avoid all accidents involving worse drivers. no one is.
    Out here in the San Fernando Valley, with a population of 1.8 million people, there are very few empty streets! There were about 40 or 50 years ago, but not anymore.

Out here in the San Fernando Valley, with a population of 1.8 million people, there are very few empty streets! There were about 40 or 50 years ago, but not anymore.
    sooo...there are more unpredictable drivers on the road increasing the chance of an accident regardless of defensive driving
    autozine.org

sooo...there are more unpredictable drivers on the road increasing the chance of an accident regardless of defensive driving
    Of course there is. I never said otherwise.
    I find it amusing how some members here nitpick every sentence I post!

Right.

-Fleet
    (almost 28 years of driving with no on-the-road accidents and no speeding or parking tickets.)
    Am i right to assume that from this post you think you don't need crumple zones because you have almost 28 years of driving with no on-the-road accidents and no speeding or parking tickets?
    autozine.org

Thread Information