Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gallardo V8??

Yes, don't you see the smilie?

It could be a good move, it could be a bad move. I don't think Lamborghini needs to move down market though.

Who knows what these guys come up with next?

Back to Porsche owning Volkswagen, I got that idea from this.

It's way too long for me to read though.
    Last edited by NSXType-R; 06-21-2007 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Yes, don't you see the smilie?

It could be a good move, it could be a bad move. I don't think Lamborghini needs to move down market though.

Who knows what these guys come up with next?
    Obviously the next is the McDonalds roadster, the McDriver

Maybe its a performance-car's test mule (the Gallardo with the V8)? Or maybe the entire group wants to just utterly swamp the ~$100,000 sports car segment, so as to beat off or discourage certain competitors like BMW and then start focusing the individual makers again when they have more room in the sects that they want most.

I'd say its feasible, as Porsche, Audi and Lamborghini all together have the technologies and experience to make BMW a little more afraid than they were before. Not saying BMW is going to stop trying to compete, but maybe they want BMW to make more conservative moves so that the new PAG/VAG group can have their conservative stuff AND be top-dog in the more aggressive sects that BMW used to cater to.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

More competition would mean BMW would have to make a better product. Not exactly a bad thing at all.

More competition would mean BMW would have to make a better product. Not exactly a bad thing at all.
    Oh its not a bad thing, but thats just a general result of capitalism in general.

However, a more potent PAG/VAG that could offer better German performance than BMW, more reliably than BMW and still have marques that were "fashionable" and prestigious, might make BMW a little more cautious about the whole affair. More a "mental attack" then a direct economic one - PAG/VAG has to know enough people buy BMW's simply because they are BMW-buying-lawyers, that a direct attack of any nature would just be a futile waste of money. Hence, making BMW cautious or more conservative, would not really affect BMW's sales, as much as make them think a little more conservative, therefore making "room" for PAG/VAG in the sport sedan/sport car areas. It makes sense considering they are expanding the line-ups. These new cars that today seem to be just things to hype the audience and conflict with one another might drift away into the new "room", in confidence, where they should be tomorrow. However, for that confidence to come around, various companies (like BMW as mentioned) would probably have to step back, even just a tiny bit.

EDIT: Luckily, BMW would never "step back" an M car really
    Last edited by CdocZ; 06-21-2007 at 04:27 PM.

That's a good point. That's where Audi fits in exactly, with the introduction of the new A5/S5 and soon to be new A4.

That's a good point. That's where Audi fits in exactly, with the introduction of the new A5/S5 and soon to be new A4.
    Exactly. If companies with competing models back off, these cars and their engineers and designers have more room to play with them, and the confidence from the exec's above to give them the money to do so, due to the lack of overly strong competition.

So, because someone saw different exhausts and a "quiter" Gallardo means it'll have a V8?

I find this report untrue based on it saying it'd be developed along side the RS4 is reason enough. Lamborghini would not develop a new car next to a car going out of production.

Plus, this report isn't obviously aware that Lamborghini plans to upgrade the Gallardo's power one last time so that the R8 can use its 500+Hp V10, which I believe is a more suitable conclusion to this mule.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

V8 Gallardo! Bring it! Aussies loooooooove V8's!
    Are you a fan of V8 Supercars? Then you should join V8 SuperChat! - www.v8superchat.co.nr

Are you a fan of the FG Falcon? Then the FG Falcon Forum is for you! - www.fgfalconforum.co.nr

If it's true what a preposterous idea.

Proof that Audi sucks at managing brands.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

This is actually minor genius. and it's been done before.

they were smart enough to sell the V10 first - and now they have a cheaper, possibly better balanced, lighter and (some environmentalists will argue) cleaner car.

What does it matter what it has under the hood? as long as it's quick and looks hot, sounds horn and handles like it's got suckers on it's tyres.....

I agree the potential for posers to pick up this car is immense, but if they were really all about show and shiny things they'd buy the Be-scooped Audi R8
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    I agree the potential for posers to pick up this car is immense, but if they were really all about show and shiny things they'd buy the Be-scooped Audi R8
    But take into account the badge. Between saying I've got an Audi or I've got a Lamborghini which do you think the tipical poser would prefer?

Exactly.
    Visca Catalunya!

The Audi.

Badge is one thing but personal style is another. and let's be honest, Audi doesn't have a Horrible badge with which to pose.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    Lamborghini could be planning a cheaper car...
    That's what i think, i don't think it'll be a Gallardo, but a rival to the forthcoming Ferrari Dino

Quote Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
    That's what i think, i don't think it'll be a Gallardo, but a rival to the forthcoming Ferrari Dino
    If they end up making a Dino it'll be a replacement for the F430, since it seems that the theoretical F430 replacement will be moving a lot more upmarket. Since the F430 is as fast as a Gallardo making a car slower than it to compete with the Dino would be a bit stupid, if all that is rumoured is true.
    Visca Catalunya!

Maybe a new Miura test mule?
    Dick: Marie de Salle's playing. You remember I told you about her. I like her. She's kind of Sheryl Crow-ish crossed with a post-Partridge Family pre-L.A. Law Susan Dey kind of thing, but, you know, uh, black.

Thread Information