Thread: Ultimatecarpage.com update (06-26-07)

Ultimatecarpage.com update (06-26-07)

Dear Ultimatecarpage.com visitor,

This past weekend Lord March hosted the prestigious Goodwood Festival of Speed for the fifteenth time. This unique celebration of motorsport brings out the best racing cars and drivers of the present and the past. What makes the Festival really special is that the visitors can get close enough to both the cars and drivers to touch; something that is unthinkable in most top-class racing these days. It has proven to be a very successful formula as in the past years all tickets sold out in advance and this year was no exception. The 150,000 spectators were treated to a plethora of historic and modern racing cars, five of the six Bugatti Royales and several world debuts. The most interesting of these new releases was the sneak preview of the upcoming Nissan Skyline GT-R. Still wearing camouflage it was driven up the hill at an impressive pace. A real highlight for the many British visitors was the first appearance of Lewis Hamilton on home soil after taking Formula 1 by force in the last few months. He was joined by too many highly successful drivers and racing cars to mention.
    Barely recovered from the Le Mans weekend, our photographers travelled to beautiful south English countryside to capture this marvelous gathering in its entirety. Shot under rain and shine, they have produced a mouth-watering 230-image slideshow, to illustrate a 2000-word report.

Goodwood Festival of Speed report and slideshow
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame...em.php&rid=130

Regards,
    Wouter Melissen
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Wow, I really enjoyed the photos. While looking through the slideshow I saw many unknown carmakers (to me at least ) and some familiar ones too. Thanks for the photos. They were really nice.

It's interesting to note that a lot of the older cars didn't use period headgear (helmet, goggles and all). Is that against safety regulations? It would have been cool to see the drivers with rings of dirt around their eyes and stuff.
    Last edited by NSXType-R; 06-26-2007 at 09:10 AM.

Great work again Wouter. Much appreciated. Suffice to say, I now have several more images saved on my hard drive.

Awesome report! I really enjoyed it (as usually). Next year I'll do my best to visit the FoS.
    It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept.

Thread Information