Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SSC comes up short...kinda

SSC comes up short...kinda

Here's is a link to a report regarding SSC's assault on the Veyron. Hopefully, they will get another shot soon.

http://blog.worldcarfans.com/index.c...26.003/ssc-ult

has anyone else noticed how the cars that keep taking the spot for fastest production car just keep getting uglier and uglier?

Quote Originally Posted by ferrarifreak013 View Post
    has anyone else noticed how the cars that keep taking the spot for fastest production car just keep getting uglier and uglier?
    I am sorry but I disagree. I think that the Veyron is very good looking, in a unique way. It has the Bugatti heritage while taking on a new level of design and function.

The Koenigsegg I think is even better looking, low, sleek, if it were all black you might think that Batman were driving it. The doors are a work of art. The whole car just looks slippery.

^I do agree with what you said about the Koenigsegg I think that is an exception I guess, and you are right about how Bugatti stuck to its heritage but i still don't really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver View Post
    It has the Bugatti heritage while taking on a new level of design and function.
    Bugatti heritage right...

This might be fast, but it is seriously ugly, reason enough for me not to buy one, should I be in the supercar market.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I don't get it - Should SSC succeed in reaching those kinds of speeds in the near future successfully. As it took Bugatti years to reach approx. 407 km/h safely, retreating and relaunching the whole project several times.

Which would make me sceptical about their claims.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

I Agree. I don't mind the rear of the Veyron though. Actually I quite like it. The front, however, is a different story.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Yeah, I vote that the SSC is one of the ugliest cars in recent supercar memoery, up there with the Gumpert Apollo. The Koenigsegg on the otherhand is sick, and the Veyron - so-so in my eyes.

I'm the only one thinking that but... I like the front of the SSC. It looks mean. Aggressive. Powerful. Overall I agree with y'all it's ugly, however.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

In my opinion it's the front that makes the SSC ugly.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

The overall shape, kinda reminds me of a lamborghini. I dont mean looking at the front etc. I mean just looking at the overall shape of the car. The silhouette of the car, I guess is the term for it!
    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    -Rita Mae Brown-

so what was wrong with the Vector?

This is what the driver had to say to FCHAT. I hope the car goes 251+ and I think it can and will do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by the driver
    Hi guys,

I think the press release pretty much sums it up.

When we woke up Wednesday morning the ground was covered in snow to our disbelief!!! We spent the day driving 93A looking for a good stretch of road. Unfortunantly all the water on the road would mask the true road conditions that would haunt us the next day. In some places the snow was pilled up over 6 inches on the side of the road. We could only hope for dry conditions the next day.

My first pass on Thrusday, I ran the car over 200mph then I turned around and brought it back up to 221mph. When I pulled into our pit area and the owner of the company asked me, "I thought we were going to keep it under 200mph for the first run?" I replied, "Well it felt so good, I just did it." LOL. Its not how fast you go, its about how comfortable you are going fast!!

We made another pass later that was over 230mph and the car was still pulling really hard! I was trying to be very gentle on the throttle because I could tell the car had a lot of power.

After making some adjustments to the car, we only had time for one more pass before our permit ran out. We felt the short side of the course (the shut down side) had a better section of road, so i was going to have to be more aggressive on the throttle if we were going to post a 240mph+ number. When i shifted into 6th gear at 180mph I started feeding on the power. When it hit 5,000rpm, 190mph, the engine seemed to "free-rev" and I smelled smoke. I thought something broke so I put the car into neutral and coasted. After reving the engine a few times and putting the car back into gear, everything seemed fine. It was then that i realized that this car has so much power it "smoked" the tires at 190mph!!!! So I just cruised it up to about 217mph as I shook my head in disbelief.....
    UCP biggest mustang lover

Quote Originally Posted by Fiorano View Post
    so what was wrong with the Vector?
    What Vector? Where did we talk about a Vector?
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Thread Information